"Young Justice" News & Discussion Thread, Part 31 (Spoilers)

Latest News & Videos

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rick Jones

fan-man
Staff member
Feb 27, 2008
177A Bleecker Street
I would hope against one unless it really felt like an earned moment and it wasn't just for shock. The team members have already never had an easy time. It's rough enough watching what happens to Halo every few episodes. A lot of fans, myself included, don't even seem to have gotten over Wally's demise given how much everyone keeps hoping that it will be reversed.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Jul 13, 2003
Shahdaroba
www.dcauresource.com
Or characters wondering what happened in a certain amount of time, while they were under someone else's control. :p
Now that you mention it YJ does have mundane final scenes don't they? People sitting at a desk in silence and two dudes shaking hands. lol.

I don't think we need another Team member death to be honest.
Not how life works...

But I do have a crazy theory with no real evidence about the season finale that I've had since Invasion. The debut of a public superhero team not affiliated with the Justice League or the Team and not operating in secret.

Frontier

Staff member
May 28, 2010
Temecula California
Not how life works...
Well, yeah, but...still, fiction :p.
But I do have a crazy theory with no real evidence about the season finale that I've had since Invasion. The debut of a public superhero team not affiliated with the Justice League or the Team and not operating in secret.
Now that you mention it, we haven't really gotten something like that in this universe yet.

If the Doom Patrol actually existed then they might not have been very public beyond the Superhero community. The JSA haven't been a thing since WWII. It's really just been the League and the Team, and most people don't even know about them.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Jul 13, 2003
Shahdaroba
www.dcauresource.com
If the Doom Patrol actually existed then they might not have been very public beyond the Superhero community. The JSA haven't been a thing since WWII. It's really just been the League and the Team, and most people don't even know about them.
Yup. And more of the classic/standard members showing up this season... might we see a Teen Titans group formed? (Again take with salt, haha)

Frontier

Staff member
May 28, 2010
Temecula California
Yup. And more of the classic/standard members showing up this season... might we see a Teen Titans group formed? (Again take with salt, haha)
It would be kind of interesting to see how the show would handle the Titans team...I mean, the Team has always felt like a conflation of all the iconic teen Superhero teams of the comics (particularly the Titans and Young Justice) so what happens when one of those groups actually shows up?

Especially since they would probably be used to contrast the Team.

It would be pretty interesting also if Dick is still the leader given his tenure with the Team.

Reactions: RoyalRubble

Funkatron

Mar 12, 2002
It would be kind of interesting to see how the show would handle the Titans team...I mean, the Team has always felt like a conflation of all the iconic teen Superhero teams of the comics (particularly the Titans and Young Justice) so what happens when one of those groups actually shows up?

Especially since they would probably be used to contrast the Team.

It would be pretty interesting also if Dick is still the leader given his tenure with the Team.
I'd love to see a more mainstream team of teen heroes showing up, sort of like the Ultimen from JL. There are enough meta-humans now to build that sort of team. The light could easily use it as a publicity stunt to make the League look bad by having a seemingly more competent and government backed team saving the day

Batboy84

Mar 8, 2019
Earth
You know, I don't think we've gotten any images for Tuesday's episodes yet. That seems really weird considering how they've done it for the first half of the season.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Jul 13, 2003
Shahdaroba
www.dcauresource.com
I'd love to see a more mainstream team of teen heroes showing up, sort of like the Ultimen from JL. There are enough meta-humans now to build that sort of team. The light could easily use it as a publicity stunt to make the League look bad by having a seemingly more competent and government backed team saving the day
I didn't even think of that. Government backing. Hmm. My crazy theory was they would led by someone like Garfield Logan who can bank on his popularity, in this case from acting, to get funding from investors. Then from that standpoint, he would grapple with the challenge of running the team with the challenge of getting a ROI. And that might be an angle to introduce some more DC characters as his angel investors. But now that I think about, that's kinda merging other DC teams into a version of TT.

Nightwing, I think he's content with being a freelance recruiter/trainer who funnels his 'graduates' to the Team. It doesn't look like he's in a rush to join or rejoin any team officially. I'm wondering how big his role will be in the second half of the season. He is one of the conspirators in the Batcave so probably still a big role.

You know, I don't think we've gotten any images for Tuesday's episodes yet. That seems really weird considering how they've done it for the first half of the season.
By process of elimination...Monday, probably. Better late than never. :p

Frontier

Staff member
May 28, 2010
Temecula California
Nightwing, I think he's content with being a freelance recruiter/trainer who funnels his 'graduates' to the Team. It doesn't look like he's in a rush to join or rejoin any team officially. I'm wondering how big his role will be in the second half of the season. He is one of the conspirators in the Batcave so probably still a big role.
It kind of feels like with the Outsiders he's being brought back into a leadership role even though he doesn't want to be in that kind of position anymore. So I feel like that will be more of his development moving forward.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Jul 13, 2003
Shahdaroba
www.dcauresource.com

Batboy84

Mar 8, 2019
Earth
Intriguing. They only released five images for episode 15 compared to 12 images for 14 and 13 images for 16. By the way, anyone recognize the two in that last image before the Big Barda image?

Lonewolf36

Sep 18, 2005
Question?
Who is the 5th person at ? I recognize Eduardo Dorado Jr. Live Wire, Mist, i presume Windfall but not the other one

Reactions: Frontier

Frontier

Staff member
May 28, 2010
Temecula California
So, we've got the Hawks and Guy Gardner with the space team. Maybe they'll finally get lines ;)?

Also, does it seem like the Hawks have been redesigned? Maybe just a little...

And that's a Thanagarian soldier so...they're on Thanagar :confused:.

So Count Vertigo kidnaps Perdita and Beast Boy enlists the help of The Team to save her. Good that we'll be getting more Static, Impulse, and especially Traci 13 :).

Happy Jade with the Harper family :(.

Reactions: RoyalRubble

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Jul 13, 2003
Shahdaroba
www.dcauresource.com
By the way, anyone recognize the two in that last image before the Big Barda image?
Millenial Brainiac-5? :p Bernard Morlock from the Superboy comics did come to mind though.

Question?
Who is the 5th person at ? I recognize Eduardo Dorado Jr. Live Wire, Mist, i presume Windfall but not the other one
lol. Whether her name comes up or doesn't, we will all see in a couple hours. EDIT: If not, maybe sometime the rest of the season or if Weisman is feeling chatty on social media...

Last edited:

Lonewolf36

Sep 18, 2005
Some things from 14, 15 and 16

I imagine by seasons end Big Barda and Rocket Red 04 will become Leaguers.

The Rocket Red Brigade, Female Furies and Suicide Squad are all introduced.

Windfall and Celia Windward/Jet are now at the Meta Human Youth Center.

Brief cameo by Hardware.

Guy Gardner, Hawkman and Hawkwoman all get speaking rolls

Commander Talak is he the same as Hro Talak from Justice League Unlimited?

Eduardo Dorado Jr. working with the Team maybe he will adopt the El Dorado mantle and join.

Geo-Force, Terra, Halo and Forager join the Team.

Holocaust is now a member of Onslaught.

Blue Beetle, Beast Boy and Kid Flash go public.

Reactions: Frontier
Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Saw the Descendants short Audrey's Royal Return. I will not miss this franchise. That was a disaster.
I'd tell Pumpkin Spice to go back where he came from but I'm not sure he'd still fit in the bottom of an outhouse.
Happy 2nd anniversary to what I believe is Disney’s best program, Parker Plays.
So now entire three and a half minute long music videos count as ads?? No thanks, YouTube.

#StopThisMadness
Radical Buster wrote on Spaceman's profile.
I really like your avatar. Violet Evergarden ranks pretty high on my list of favorite animes from last year, alongside Devilman Crybaby and Megalo Box.