"Young Justice" News & Discussion Thread, Part 31 (Spoilers)

Latest News & Videos

Lord Sidious

It says Season 3 will be on Netflix internationally....but does it apply to Netflix owners in the USA??? Or do Americans have to buy the DC streaming service just to see this???

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
It says Season 3 will be on Netflix internationally....but does it apply to Netflix owners in the USA??? Or do Americans have to buy the DC streaming service just to see this???
Americans have to buy a plan from DC Universe Streaming Service to see Outsiders in the USA. Netflix is only streaming internationally - generally meaning everywhere but the USA...

the greenman

Not to disrupt the train too much, but I wanted to get you folks ideas on something I noticed. From Season 1 we know they have planted an "Alice in Wonderland" sub-theme in the series. We all know Cheshire is an obvious homage. Then, in Season 2, Adam Strange started referencing the Jabberwocky. Now, here in Season 3, we get yet another Wonderland character in Jervis Tetch; The Mad Hatter. Now this is something Weisman has done before with his Shakespearean refs, this might or might not be his doing. However, now I'm thinking we'll see more appearances like Tweedle Dee & Dum. Maybe not this season, but in the future.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Not to disrupt the train too much, but I wanted to get you folks ideas on something I noticed. From Season 1 we know they have planted an "Alice in Wonderland" sub-theme in the series. We all know Cheshire is an obvious homage. Then, in Season 2, Adam Strange started referencing the Jabberwocky. Now, here in Season 3, we get yet another Wonderland character in Jervis Tetch; The Mad Hatter. Now this is something Weisman has done before with his Shakespearean refs, this might or might not be his doing. However, now I'm thinking we'll see more appearances like Tweedle Dee & Dum. Maybe not this season, but in the future.
In the past, he has admitted he likes the works of Lewis Carroll.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Interesting. Was wondering if Waller would ever return. And confronting Aquaman!

Agreed, it looks like Black Manta, Mallah, and Captain Boomerang are her Suicide Squad. And Manta is still nursing a grudge against Tigress. heh. Wonder if Deadshot will appear, too, since they debuted him in the Players arc of the tie-in comics.

And seems Beast Boy indeed quit the Team during the skip since he's telling Miss Martian here he "wants back in" on the Team then you see him fighting Tuppence in what looks like Onslaught attacking the Meta-Human Youth Center. And Dorado Jr. and Bart are in trouble.

Frontier

Staff member
Interesting. Was wondering if Waller would ever return. And confronting Aquaman!
It was only a matter of time before Waller returned to be a begrudging thorn in the heroes' side :p.

Also like the callback to the iconic Waller/Batman moment with Kaldur :).
Agreed, it looks like Black Manta, Mallah, and Captain Boomerang are her Suicide Squad. And Manta is still nursing a grudge against Tigress. heh. Wonder if Deadshot will appear, too, since they debuted him in the Players arc of the tie-in comics.
I feel like there's probably more members then we see in the clip, and it would feel weird to have Boomerang in that and not Deadshot :cool:.
And seems Beast Boy indeed quit the Team during the skip since he's telling Miss Martian here he "wants back in" on the Team then you see him fighting Tuppence in what looks like Onslaught attacking the Meta-Human Youth Center. And Dorado Jr. and Bart are in trouble.
It seemed pretty likely Beast Boy was set to return to hero work after the ending of "Nightmare Monkey's" ;).

Nice to see them remember the Super Friends heroes as well :anime:.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Also like the callback to the iconic Waller/Batman moment with Kaldur :).
Agreed.

I feel like there's probably more members then we see in the clip, and it would feel weird to have Boomerang in that and not Deadshot :cool:.
Agreed. He could even be perched somewhere.

It seemed pretty likely Beast Boy was set to return to hero work after the ending of "Nightmare Monkey's" ;).
Yes, but imo it was questionable if he quit, was part time, on call, etc. But it was cool to finally see him in that new suit - the one we saw in the preview art at a convention. I think the one from that lineup we have yet to see with the Team is Arsenal.

Nice to see them remember the Super Friends heroes as well :anime:.
Yup. And with all those teen metas gathered at the center, we may learn their names and have a ton more DC characters to add to the list. lol.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Pretty cool we're getting a preview this soon after the 1st half of the season ended. I imagined they would have waited closer to the summer return date to show any new clips. Some interesting developments there - Beast Boy re-joining the Team, Amanda Waller, a possible Suicide Squad, etc. Looks like fun, and I imagine there will be a lot more stuff in the actual episodes.

EDIT:
Some comments from Khary Payton about voicing both Aquaman and Black Lightning.

Last edited:

WebMasterSage

Obey the Pecking Order.
So I noticed Bang Zoom Studios is doing the voice work for Outsiders.

I guess a chance of scenery is in order then?

Marvelman02

It seems like Gar and Tara are fated to meet after all. Is it a coincidence Gar's dating a petite blonde royal and is destined to fall in love with another petite blonde royal? I guess Gar has a type?

Now, about Wally... Nothing suggests his return is imminent. I don't see how Wally returning would fit in with the current story-lines. I still think Wally will return someday, possibly after Artemis has already moved on with her life.

Frontier

Staff member
It seems like Gar and Tara are fated to meet after all. Is it a coincidence Gar's dating a petite blonde royal and is destined to fall in love with another petite blonde royal? I guess Gar has a type?
Don't forget the colors of Tara's arena gear was purple :p.

Spotlight

Staff online

Latest profile posts

Oh, the irony - while foreign feeds of Cartoon Network ban just about anything, CN USA started to show Shrek completely uncut - with the "offensive" words intact - in 2017! Around the time when Cartoon Network feeds worldwide were already ruled by the nanny state!
Don't ever force yourself into liking a show or any other form of media and don't be afraid to speak up about how you honestly feel about it.
NeoplanDan wrote on Zedd's profile.
Hi, Zedd, I wanted to to fix up the date on my birthday, when I was first registered here, it incorrectly date as 1/21/1995 when it actually 2/21/1995, originally I was going to ask one of the admins to fix it so that it’s on the correct date.
I'm the best anime character. You will all bow down to me.
Well, THAT was a flop...Adventure Time will leave Adult Swim after two weeks...