"Young Justice" News & Discussion Thread, Part 30 (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
From the DCUniverse site:
No need for spoiler tags, those loglines were already posted by SpoilerTV last week.

if they decide to add the Wildstorm characters to the Young Justice universe who would you like to see added as a league and Team member? Majestic seems like the most likely for the League but i wouldn't mind Apollo and Midnighter or Taboo. For the Team Grunge or Rainmaker would be nice.
Team 7 could blend nicely into the metahuman storyline going on. I could see Apollo and Midnighter happening.

Or there could just be non-members out there. In the comic, they referenced Peacemaker. And we got Deathstroke out there and the League of Assassins, etc. So Grifter could appear, imo.

Or if YJ starts to explore the multiverse at some point, maybe even an encounter with Elijah Snow and Planetary.

I'm curious why they're calling Brion Markov Biron. Maybe it's a practical thing. As in its how you say his name either way.
I didn't even notice they misspelled Geo-Force's name. Could be just a typo.
Yes, it is a typo. It's supposed to be Brion.

So definitely after the Invasion finale with the reference to the Mars mission, Batgirl helping out, being on the Watchtower, etc. Cool, another Silverblade reference just like in "Secrets" and Jonathan Lord and Sandra Stanyon from the Hello Megan! episode in "Image".

Last edited:

ShadowStar

Hmm, I predict that this tie-in comic will address Beast Boy's apparent rise to stardom and the possible role of Miss Martian in all of that! Perhaps they'll both find a calling in the world of television! ;) On a more sinister note though, could Psimon be scheming to set up a meeting between M'gann and the now grown-up cast of Hello, Megan? I wonder what effect that would have on her... And what if Rita Farr looks like Marie Logan? This could be a traumatic experience for all concerned...

Nice to see Batgirl calling the shots. I assume that Kaldur has stepped down as team leader at this stage. It's great to see Barbara occupy that role, though I suppose it's too much to hope that she'll remain team leader when she's Oracle in season 3. I'd love to see her direct the Team in season 3, as a sort of 'Professor X' figure.

Last edited:

Frontier

Staff member
I like that M'Gann's hair is long again :).
Nice to see Batgirl calling the shots. I assume that Kaldur has stepped down as team leader at this stage. It's great to see Barbara occupy that role, though I suppose it's too much to hope that she'll remain team leader when she's Oracle in season 3. I'd love to see her direct the Team in season 3, as a sort of 'Professor X' figure.
I actually wonder who the new Team leader is since Kaldur is now Aquaman and probably not involved with the Team (unless he's their new League liaison?).

Tim? Maybe Cassie?

ShadowStar

I like that M'Gann's hair is long again :).

I actually wonder who the new Team leader is since Kaldur is now Aquaman and probably not involved with the Team (unless he's their new League liaison?).

Tim? Maybe Cassie?

It might be Tim but I'm still hoping that it's Barbara. While Oracle (probably) can't lead the Team on the battlefield, she could still be the one giving the orders.

ShadowStar

Since the entire season has been produced with streaming in mind, I hope the episodes won't spend time recapping the events of previous entries in the saga unless it's vitally important to do so. Quite a few episodes of Invasion featured dialogue that referenced earlier episodes (in order to explain what was going on for those who might have missed some of the Reach arc), but there's no need to do that now when the new episodes are all going to be available online, together.

Marvelman02

About the preview... M'gann seems a little over-confident to me. Psimon knows from past experience M'gann can kick his butt, right? But there he is out in the open nearly begging M'gann to come find him anyways. Clearly he has something up his sleeve.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
We drew the guess that the back half of Outsiders would be in June from past reports and the schedule map from the convention but Weisman confirmed June as well yesterday.

About the preview... M'gann seems a little over-confident to me. Psimon knows from past experience M'gann can kick his butt, right? But there he is out in the open nearly begging M'gann to come find him anyways. Clearly he has something up his sleeve.
I'd presume he, on a personal level, wants payback against Miss Martian and Tigress for what they did to him on Black Manta's submarine. But Psimon is an agent of Queen Bee and of the Light as well. Hmm.

DBTrilogy100

I have just recently found out about Season 3 starting on January 4th and I'm glad to hear that an explicit date has finally been said. Waiting until June for the rest of the season won't be an issue either compared to the waits that happened during Season 1 & Season 2. It still feels very surreal knowing that Season 3 is so close to being released.

ShadowStar

Here's hoping that the fans will all turn out and support these new episodes right from January 4th... Let's all get behind this and sustain the momentum. Revivals like this one are such a rarity and after all of the blood, sweat and tears that has gone into making this happen, Outsiders deserves all the support it can get.

Takao

Fight the darkness all around
Well that takes some air out the exclusivity of the service...

DC Universe isn't available in Canada. Despite what some of the people involved have said, my guess is that there are no immediate plans to change that.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
DC Universe isn't available in Canada. Despite what some of the people involved have said, my guess is that there are no immediate plans to change that.
They did just announce Netflix will stream Titans internationally next month, so there is the possiblity they will do the same with Outsiders in February. Another issue is it creates, imo, another opening for episodes to be pirated and illegally uploaded online.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

I have to lay low for awhile. I need to take a break from this for right now, but I'll be back soon.
Bought Cat City (1986) on Prime today. Never seen it before, looking forward to watching it!
Super Metroid on the SNES turns 30 today in North America.
The sub-only anime releases in North America are the invention of the 2010s.
Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Featured Posts