"Young Justice" News & Discussion Thread, Part 30 (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

the greenman

S3 part 1 of course. Hopefully they will start work on a S4 soon after. IMHO, I kinda would hope they don't do a comic to keep them consistently focused on the series.

Sent from my LGMS428 using Tapatalk

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
S3 part 1 of course. Hopefully they will start work on a S4 soon after. IMHO, I kinda would hope they don't do a comic to keep them consistently focused on the series.
I find it weird they haven't greenlit a comic since DC has pumped out a digital comic mini-series with the DCU DTV movies lately. Though with the Hell to Pay and Death of Superman ones, they didn't bother to consult the creative team. Hmm.

Harlequinn

Joker's Henchman
I think the reason we haven't seen a comic yet is because DC wants the big return of Young Justice to be the show, I guess it makes sense for "branding" and all that.

Frontier

Staff member
That, and DC doesn't really do tie-ins to their main cartoons anymore, outside DC Super Hero Girls (which is overseen by Shea Fontana) and Teen Titans Go!.

Like, there was no Justice League Action comic even though there's usually a tie-in series out for most DC cartoons over the past decade or so.

Although I think, if offered the chance, Weisman and the crew would probably be open to doing a comic again to continue expanding on the show and Earth-16 :).

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Like, there was no Justice League Action comic even though there's usually a tie-in series out for most DC cartoons over the past decade or so.
Though JLA had the online shorts so they still had tie-in content but of different format.

Although I think, if offered the chance, Weisman and the crew would probably be open to doing a comic again to continue expanding on the show and Earth-16 :).
Naturally. Like when season 2 ended, when the comic ended, Weisman still had a lot of unused ideas.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
This might not be related to Young Justice but in this Tweet, Gail Simone mentioned she wrote an episode for a "super popular" cartoon that will premiere next year.
50:50 it's Young Justice or DC Super Hero Girls if she's even talking about DC animation. The only other series we know of coming out next year is Harley Quinn but it hasn't been around to be "super popular."

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
I kind of ruled out DC Super Hero Girls since the show next year is a reboot and wouldn't be as popular as the current series. Even considering the previous Super Best Friends Forever shorts.

But yeah, it might not be something DC Animation related at all. We'll find out eventually.

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
I kind of ruled out DC Super Hero Girls since the show next year is a reboot and wouldn't be as popular as the current series. Even considering the previous Super Best Friends Forever shorts.

But yeah, it might not be something DC Animation related at all. We'll find out eventually.
Is the current series actually popular? The toys pegwarm like crazy. When Toys R Us went out of business they still had a ton of the figures left on the last day, even when they were selling them for 70% off.

SweetShop209

Reporter
Staff member
Reporter
I think Young Justice is the most likely candidate that Gail Simone is writing for. The DC Superhero Girls franchise is a bit too light for the material she usually works on (comics that skew older and a bit darker).

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
I think Young Justice is the most likely candidate that Gail Simone is writing for. The DC Superhero Girls franchise is a bit too light for the material she usually works on (comics that skew older and a bit darker).
True, Weisman and Vietti did have Peter David, a comic book writer among things, write two episodes for each of the past seasons.

Magmaster12

Master of MAGnets
Staff member
Reporter
Well, the only thing Gail Simone usually writes is Birds of Prey so it'll probably be something involving Babs.

Frontier

Staff member
This might not be related to Young Justice but in this Tweet, Gail Simone mentioned she wrote an episode for a "super popular" cartoon that will premiere next year.
Assuming it's for a DC cartoon, it's always nice to see Gail Simone dip into animation :).
Is the current series actually popular? The toys pegwarm like crazy. When Toys R Us went out of business they still had a ton of the figures left on the last day, even when they were selling them for 70% off.
I remember reading a news report citing that the brand was developing into a possbile (or was already) a billion dollar industry, on-top of the graphic novels selling fairly well.
I mean, Gail Simone writes fun stuff too. Let's never forget that Birds of Prey episode on Brave and the Bold :p.
True, Weisman and Vietti did have Peter David, a comic book writer among things, write two episodes for each of the past seasons.
All the more fitting considering he was the original writer of the Young Justice comic :cool:.
Well, the only thing Gail Simone usually writes is Birds of Prey so it'll probably be something involving Babs.
Maybe she can finally write an animated Oracle and BoP like she intended to do with the original script for "Double Date" on JLU ;).

Marvelman02

It wouldn't surprise me to see Barbara as Oracle, and for the loss of her legs to have driven a wedge between her and Dick.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
I kind of doubt they would try both Batgirl as Oracle and Batman with a broken back in the same Season, but who knows.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Alex Dudley's DToons YouTube channel is back after being hacked a couple of weeks ago. Good news.

Take a look at these cool posters.

Rebecca and Ian are LEGENDS!
If you want an example of what truly all-ages animation is, I can't think of a better recent example than Bluey's "The Sign". I have more to say, but you'll be hearing from me again ;)
aegisrawks wrote on Light Lucario's profile.
I loved your post in that Nick thread. I really dislike Nick's mentality of "It didnt outdo the Super Bowl, CANCEL IT NAO" and I am so glad you agree, even if you are more realistic and more wise.
It seems evidently that, despite being completed, ''Walpurgisnacht Rising'' hasn't been released yet. What do you think?

Featured Posts