"Young Justice" News & Discussion Thread, Part 30 (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
With the recent news, the revised list of missing designations, we know of, are
  1. 27
  2. 28
  3. A-08
  4. A-09
  5. B-28
  6. G-01
  7. G-02
  8. Z-01
  9. Z-02
  10. Z-03
  11. Z-04
New characters we know of currently with unrevealed designations
  1. Spoiler
  2. Metamorpho
  3. Geo-Force
  4. Forager
And with the new Z and G designations. My theory of formalizing the squads, Zeta and Gamma -- perhaps then there could be a D designation, Delta. Naturally, if true, that could open a rabbit hole. When it was all hands on deck in "Endgame" - it was 20 squads. Or perhaps with each new season, a new designation or three...
  1. Alpha
  2. Beta
  3. Gamma
  4. Delta
  5. Epsilon
  6. Zeta
  7. Eta
  8. Theta
  9. Iota
  10. Kappa
  11. Lambda
  12. Mu
  13. Nu
  14. Omicron
  15. Pi
  16. Rho
  17. Sigma
  18. Tau
  19. Psi
  20. Omega
I wonder if that means body horror for the experimented people :ack:?
I wonder, with metahuman trafficking being a main issue - nations, corporations, aliens -- perhaps some or all don't share the same degree of sophistication, funding, what not. And we might see some "disfigured" test subject failures that'll make Bizarro look like Miss America.

Last edited:

Harlequinn

Joker's Henchman
Spoiler has to be B-28, since it's the only designation not covered between Arrowette and Traci, and she's the only major new member of the Team unaccounted for ;).

You never know, B-28 could be Starfire who joined during the time skip and is now out and about :p

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
I imagine it would be more interesting to find more info about the new characters, but here's Wonder Girl's info card.
mVrBUiP.jpg

Edit:
And here's Spoiler's card, conveniently hidden inside spoiler tags.
sE1pYiy.jpg

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
ComicBook posted a Comic-Con interview (haven't had a chance to watch it yet).
For anyone having trouble getting the clip to play, here are a few notes:

- Weisman says they knew for sure they would return for Season 3 only 10 days before the official announcement was made.
- They are happy it was a reunion of sorts, with Thomasson and Lemelin returning (among others). Baker mentions that a reunion implies it's only the same people returning, but they have a lot of new characters as well this time.
- Lemelin mentions a lot has changed for her in the 5 years gap. She had 3 children and she can't talk much about Artemis' story-line but she kind of hints there are some parallels with the character and she could draw
a lot from her life. All that takes place in one's life as time passes and the different things you go through in relationships at home or at work. They play with all that on the show.
- Weisman jokes that now people will think Artemis has 3 kids and that she moves pretty quick. Lemelin doesn't confirm anything. Baker adds their entire story-line is Schrodinger's cat - it is and isn't everything.
- Lemelin says Artemis is still mourning Wally's loss.
- Weisman says we should definitely watch Seasons 1 & 2 before starting Outsiders since they will be on the streaming service. We scan watch any one episode of any of the 3 Seasons and still get something out of it since it's a good story, but we would benefit from seeing what happened previously.
- Vietti says they were planting seeds for the direction Season 3 is going into (the Apokolips stuff) from the beginning with the tech they introduced before, like the Sphere. They were hinting all along where they were going, and now they're picking those threads up and going further than before.
- They are always planting seeds for future stories. They have some story plans for Season 4, up to a potential Season 7. Weisman jokes he has a pretty good idea for Season 1,000 and Baker adds it will be a little bit of a time-jump.
- Recommended reading are the "Batman & the Outsiders" comics, especially for the first few episodes. They are doing their Earth-16 version of that story. The Earth-16 designation allows them to riff on the comics instead of sticking to them faithfully. They try to pay respect to characters and story-lines so fans can feel that respect, but can also be surprised. New fans would watch their show and then go back and discover the source material.
- Baker talks about his character. He mentions he's pretty well-versed in DC Comics but he apparently wasn't too familiar with Geo-Force. He's not stressed about it since there haven't really been many iterations of the character. Brion was born into aristocracy. The characters introduced before have chosen to become super-heroes, for Brion it's different since he discovers he has a meta-gene and we'll see his arc.
- They're not going to spoil "a little thing" like Wally's return. His presence is still felt even in his absence. We'll see how the others were affected by his loss. In order to keep the show grounded there is a sense of loss. An important texture to the show and something we can relate to in real life.
- Lemelin doesn't want to spoil much but one of the scripts she read made her cry. It affected her deeply. They're not playing around, really draw from real life and says we'll feel all these things when watching Season 3.
- Weisman mentions he tweeted he likes to make fans cry.

ArmorAbs

Banned
- They are always planting seeds for future stories. They have some story plans for Season 4, up to a potential Season 7. Weisman jokes he has a pretty good idea for Season 1,000 and Baker adds it will be a little bit of a time-jump.

I think we can pretty safely assume that Young Justice will be picked up for more seasons now that it is being put on the streaming service. However, we still have a reason to be nervous because revivals have been brought back for 1 season to wrap things up (i.e. Prison Break), but they have also been brought back to play around with new storyboards and cast and crew (i.e. Family Guy, Futurama).

Frontier

Staff member
Are we talking about Artemis the character or Stephanie Lemelin? What makes you think she's pregnant?

I guess she could have had a one-night stand with Dick...
Well, Stephanie Lemelin talked about how she had three kids during the gap between the seasons, and how to some degree she can relate to what Artemis is going through during Outsiders, although I don't think it's a one-to-one comparison :sweat:.

ArmorAbs

Banned
What makes you think she's pregnant?

Well, canonically Kid Flash does have children. It may be a bit early to do it in Young Justice and the mother of his children is a civilian in the comics, but they could just be changing it to be Artemis in this universe. Or it could just be a way to bring them in from the future, since Impulse is already on the scene.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Well, Stephanie Lemelin talked about how she had three kids during the gap between the seasons, and how to some degree she can relate to what Artemis is going through during Outsiders, although I don't think it's a one-to-one comparison :sweat:.
Well, during Invasion, I saw some parallels like Lemelin did move to LA to start her acting career and Artemis did move from Gotham to Palo Alto with Wally to start college. Kind of a fish out of water theme, adapting to a new city, making new friends, growing up (?) Brucely, and so on. Pregnant didn't dawn on me even though Lemelin mentioned she now has three children. When I was watching these videos, I figured Lemelin drew from the deaths of close relatives in her family to prepare for the arc of Artemis continuing to grieve for Wally and figure out how to move on.

Frontier

Staff member
I just saw someone point out to me a possible Easter Egg in making Spoiler B-28...Stephanie's first appearance in the New 52 continuity was Batman #28 :cool:.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
I just saw someone point out to me a possible Easter Egg in making Spoiler B-28...Stephanie's first appearance in the New 52 continuity was Batman #28 :cool:.
Neat, definitely more subtle than the 16 easter egg in the trailer, lol.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
It's also kind of funny how Wonder Girl and Spoiler were found around the same time, given they will probably still have the same voice actress and both might be interested romantically in Robin.

On a side note, it took me a moment to realize Thirteen's designation - I was reading it as 13-B-29, forgetting that was her name. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Imagine a broadcast TV network giving someone who worked at the Golden Age of Cartoon Network the opportunity to worked on a show, and doing 8 interviews, only to completely ghosted him for weeks for absolutely no reason.

Try to wrap your head around on that one, folks.

Seriously. Explain that to me, Memorable Entertainment Television? :/
Didn't notice that the site was back...

I'll start off by saying X-Men 97 has been a blast to watch. As someone who grew up exposed to the films and cameos on other shows, it was definitely a different treat seeing how both iterations of the franchise handle the characters and their world.
Professor X's speech in today's episode was powerful ... nuff said.
I've ground my wisdom tooth down overtime so that I can clench my jaw properly again. It's equal parts good and bad news.
Daffy Duck turns 87 today. Happy birthday to my favorite Looney Tune!

Featured Posts