"Young Justice" News & Discussion Thread, Part 30 (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

juan1193

I think it's Impulse or Blue Beetle
I think it'd be cool if it was Blue Beetle. Though since we're dealing with extraterrestrials, it makes sense for him to have a big role in season 3. Plus his girlfriend is now on the show, so my guess is that it's likely Impulse or Nightwing.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
For anyone who has the know-how or resources to enhance the image (if it's even possible), a very low-resolution shot of Geo-Force's card can be seen in this video around the 1:26 minutes mark.
The SFX from Six Million Dollar Man played in my head as I read your post. Vision! Magnify!

I wonder if the Outsiders will have D designations, maybe once and info card gets posted that will be confirmed one way or the other.. I also wonder if some of the Outsiders have been, are now, part of the Team before splitting off.
Fascinating. Didn't think of that possibility.

I may be wrong here but Season Two didn't it start off with the new kids battling Clayface? The trailer shows them battling Clayface makes me wonder if Seaso Three starts with them doing the same again.
Never thought Clayface would turn into a running joke.

@4:25-4:50 in the IGN interview... they mention a character they planned to write out and excuse from the season but partway through the writing process, this character had something to say and he actually became one of the leads.

Very interesting! I wonder which character?
I recall in past interview they said that character was Aqualad.

Last edited:

ArmorAbs

Banned
I hope there's an Earth out there where Terra just had a normal childhood, away from anyone who would exploit her, and just grew up well adjusted.

Naturally there is. But, on the other hand, there is also an Earth out there where Terra was not being exploited. An Earth where she is 100% complicit, and because of that she really meets her true potential.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
In that SyFy Wire article, they mentioned "Right now the series is slated to begin airing the first 13 episodes after the first season of Titans runs its course. The second set of 13 episodes will begin dropping after Doom Patrol and Swamp Thing finish their 10-episode first seasons".

Marvelman02

In that SyFy Wire article, they mentioned "Right now the series is slated to begin airing the first 13 episodes after the first season of Titans runs its course. The second set of 13 episodes will begin dropping after Doom Patrol and Swamp Thing finish their 10-episode first seasons".

Siiiiiiiggghhhh! :( I think the PTB understand that a large chunk of their audience will be joining specifically to watch Outsiders. What I'd like to know is: will Swamp Thing & Doom Patrol air concurrently?

Now, something else nobody is talking about... as of Invasion, I'm pretty sure Bane and Batman still haven't met. Could it be that the scene between them in the trailer is part of the battle in which Bane breaks the Bat?

Last edited:

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Siiiiiiiggghhhh! :( I think the PTB understand that a large chunk of their audience will be joining specifically to watch Outsiders
It's possible this was mis-reported. Sometimes it happens during conventions. We should be seeing any corrections and possibly PR statements in the next couple weeks.

But if true, then if you go with $7.99/month - then that's about $1.63 per episode if you're just watching YJ.

Now, something else nobody is talking about... as of Invasion, I'm pretty sure Bane and Batman still haven't met. Could it be that the scene between them in the trailer is part of the battle in which Bane breaks the Bat?
It could have taken place during a time skip.

the greenman

It's possible this was mis-reported. Sometimes it happens during conventions. We should be seeing any corrections and possibly PR statements in the next couple weeks.

But if true, then if you go with $7.99/month - then that's about $1.63 per episode if you're just watching YJ.

Well, they're not gonna charge us like iTunes or something. I'm sure the $7.99 will be well worth it if you get to now binge seasons 1 & 2 with 3.5. So long as I get to catch up on older fare I haven't had a chance to yet *ahem* JLA anyone.

Sent from my LGMS428 using Tapatalk

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
You also don't have to subscribe for the entire time. You can cancel your monthly subscriptions during the Outsiders hiatus.

Frontier

Staff member
I guess half a season with the other half at a later date is better then having very few episodes available at all :sweat:.

Kinda reminds me of how Voltron handles splitting up it's seasons :).
In all the years it's been, I have to imagine Batman and Bane have had at least one encounter with each other...

ShadowStar

Images of Halo, Katana and Thirteen from when I did the DC Experience:

upload_2018-7-23_13-14-44.png

upload_2018-7-23_13-15-3.png

upload_2018-7-23_13-15-48.png

Frontier

Staff member
Images of Halo, Katana and Thirteen from when I did the DC Experience:

Everybody's personalities sound on-point, and I'm guessing the grey color is Halo's base form :).

I'm curious about Halo being a G-designation while Katana is a Z-designation. I guess that means the Outsiders won't all have the same designation o_O.
Why are all the experience characters female?

There was a video showing Geo-Force as one of the possible outcomes.

Lonewolf36

Why are all the experience characters female?

Im guessing the Characters were the main focus of the season Nightwing, Forager, Geo-Force, Katana, Halo, Metamorpho, Black Lightning, Tigress, Superboy, Arrowette, Spoiler and Thirteen. We know thos in bold had info cards.

Dorko

I've read (on this very forum, come to think) that their plan is to rotate/update their library quarterly - a sensible strategy, since they have a smaller pool of content to pick from but most if not all of that content is owned within the corporate family. Based on that, plus what we've heard about completed episode and assuming Titans drops at launch in last quarter 2018, I'd say that we should expect YJ episodes to appear in the 1st quarter 2019 update. That would mean that there'd be nine-ish months between the airing of the first half of the season and the second half...assuming they drop one original series per quarterly update and that this reporting is accurate.

And that plans don't change as more original content is completed.

ArmorAbs

Banned
a sensible strategy, since they have a smaller pool of content to pick from.

This is likely to change when they get the ball rolling. From the announced Harley Quinn series to Titans, they undoubtedly have plans to create more. (Maybe we will even get some revivals)

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member

Frontier

Staff member
Perhaps they're formalized squads within the Team between season 2 and 3, G=Gamma and Z=Zeta.
Or, just spit-balling, G-refers to victims of the Metahuman trafficking/experimentation that the League takes in and Z-refers to independent Superhero operators affiliated with, but never having joined, the League o_O?

Although I guess it's probably likely the Team has gotten big enough to where they now have squad's with different designations :p.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

The sub-only anime releases in North America are the invention of the 2010s.
Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Imagine a broadcast TV network giving someone who worked at the Golden Age of Cartoon Network the opportunity to worked on a show, and doing 8 interviews, only to completely ghosted him for weeks for absolutely no reason.

Try to wrap your head around on that one, folks.

Seriously. Explain that to me, Memorable Entertainment Television? :/
Didn't notice that the site was back...

I'll start off by saying X-Men 97 has been a blast to watch. As someone who grew up exposed to the films and cameos on other shows, it was definitely a different treat seeing how both iterations of the franchise handle the characters and their world.
Professor X's speech in today's episode was powerful ... nuff said.
I've ground my wisdom tooth down overtime so that I can clench my jaw properly again. It's equal parts good and bad news.

Featured Posts