• Enter to win two tickets to Howl's Moving Castle. Details here.

"Young Justice" News & Discussion Thread, Part 30 (Spoilers)

Latest News & Videos

Status
Not open for further replies.

Light Lucario

Staff member
It might not be too bad if Teletoon only airs one episode a week. That could make more people willing to go with the DC Universe site. I'm just surprised that they're giving it a television premiere relatively soon after the season starts on their streaming site. On one hand, it might help to make the season more profitable than if it was just on their streaming site and then more likely for more seasons to be ordered. But on the other hand, it also might have been a better idea to wait a bit longer after the season premiered, or even wait until they cover the first half of the season, before airing it on TV, so that they wouldn't risk having a negative impact on the premieres for their site.

Harlequinn

Joker's Henchman
It might not be too bad if Teletoon only airs one episode a week. That could make more people willing to go with the DC Universe site. I'm just surprised that they're giving it a television premiere relatively soon after the season starts on their streaming site. On one hand, it might help to make the season more profitable than if it was just on their streaming site and then more likely for more seasons to be ordered. But on the other hand, it also might have been a better idea to wait a bit longer after the season premiered, or even wait until they cover the first half of the season, before airing it on TV, so that they wouldn't risk having a negative impact on the premieres for their site.
DC Universe isn't available in Canada, so why would it affect anything either way?

Dorko

They did just announce Netflix will stream Titans internationally next month, so there is the possiblity they will do the same with Outsiders in February. Another issue is it creates, imo, another opening for episodes to be pirated and illegally uploaded online.
True, though that's gonna happen no matter what platform it airs on. Besides which, I'm guessing that Teletoon's gonna air one episode per week as is the classic broadcasting standard. By the time it starts airing in Canada, six episodes will have debuted on DC Universe.

Which may well have been intentional, come to think.

Light Lucario

Staff member
DC Universe isn't available in Canada, so why would it affect anything either way?
I was thinking of the increase possibility of people pirating the episodes due to Teletoon airing the series, which could affect how well the show performs on their site. It may be a small chance considering that the series is back due to demands from fans, but the possibility is still there. Although, airing just one episode a week should hopefully still give an edge to the streaming site instead.

the greenman

They did just announce Netflix will stream Titans internationally next month, so there is the possiblity they will do the same with Outsiders in February. Another issue is it creates, imo, another opening for episodes to be pirated and illegally uploaded online.
As well as spoilers ahead of those unable to see it.

Frontier

Staff member

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Kaldur as leader of the League? Awesome! He really has moved up :D!

Although the League Chairmanship is an annual thing right? So I guess he might have lucked out that Aquaman's turn came up at the same time he became Aquaman :p.

Interesting that they mentioned that Blue Beetle and Traci "briefly dated." I wonder if they broke up because Traci realized she liked girls more :ack:?
I guess CBR got a bit more cake in order to start the full court press for PR this week. The Traci stuff is interesting, especially her powers - glad they differentiated it from someone like Fate or Zatanna - though I admit I know nothing about the comic history of the character and I'm guessing Weisman already has a full timeline about her father's life lol. Always hilarious to see a website spell Apokolips wrong.

Last edited:

Takao

Fight the darkness all around
There are loads of pirated copies of Titans around the net. YJO will likely be floating around torrent sites before Teletoon even starts running it.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Keep in mind discussion of such sites that host illegal copies of shows isn't allowed here.

I am a little surprised the new Season is airing on television in Canada. I was expecting it would go to similar streaming platforms in other countries as well. I think Netflix is available in Canada, so that would have made some sense if they were planning for some consistency or something (like with Titans). Netflix might still get the show for other international premieres, but we'll see.

Kind of random comments, but 1. Hopefully Canada will air only the first half of Outsiders now, like DC Universe does. Even with 1 episode per week, they would probably run through all 26 before June, if they had access to all of them. And 2. It would have been funny if Cartoon Network Canada got the show instead.

Lonewolf36

I am hoping to see some of the Young Justice spinoff comic characters such as Maxima, Varox and Major Force make some appearances. Now for a question is the Tar being used to activate metagene powers the same as the Tar used in the Steel comics years ago. If so maybe we will get John Henry and Natasha Irons as characters this season.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
I am hoping to see some of the Young Justice spinoff comic characters such as Maxima, Varox and Major Force make some appearances.
It's would be cool on many levels, one of which, very awesome when someone from the tie-in comic appears in an episode like Ubu in Invasion. And yeah, like it's been pointed out, it seems pretty likely that Mongul and Kylstar ran afoul of Darkseid's forces in the past. If we see more of Apokolips, I wonder if we'll see them all in a gulag and we can write them as getting captured during the time skip while they traveled the galaxy.

Now for a question is the Tar being used to activate metagene powers the same as the Tar used in the Steel comics years ago. If so maybe we will get John Henry and Natasha Irons as characters this season.
You're saying some interesting things. I'm not all that familiar with Tar or the Steel comics but was it revealed who invented Tar?

Last edited:

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Not sure it was ever revealed.
1/1: Maybe that's in part why they picked it for the show, lol. Come to think it, I forget if they showed how the Kroloteans or Reach did it. I remember the Reach had pods and were... electrocuting people?

1/2: Okay. As some of might have surmised, I was among those lucky enough to get to watch the first 3 episodes of Outsiders but had to keep their mouth shut for a few weeks. Gag order is over, and here's my non-spoiler review. In the lead up to Friday, I will try to answer any questions or concerns anybody here may have but I'm not going to outright spoil anything. Maybe a cryptic hint here or there.

Last edited:

Red Arrow

ça va nog wel
I find it kind of sad that we again get so many new characters...

My top 4 things I really want to see in this season.

1. Superboy and Superman need to bond.
  2. Arsenal and Green Arrow need to bond.
  3. We need to hear more from Zatanna and Zatara as Doctor Fate.
  4. Again, Rocket's marriage, what was up with that?
They did just announce Netflix will stream Titans internationally next month, so there is the possiblity they will do the same with Outsiders in February.
Netflix announced Titans in October. They still haven't announced Outsiders so they probably won't air it, or perhaps it will depend on Titans' ratings...
Another issue is it creates, imo, another opening for episodes to be pirated and illegally uploaded online.
These episodes will be on pirating sites no matter what, so they might as well make them available legally internationally. That way less people have to choose between pirating and not watching at all.

Warner Bros is making a big mistake to give Americans these episodes first. They should do like Netflix and HBO: international premieres. Only then you avoid excessive pirating.

Most Europeans are tired of waiting. (not for Young Justice per se, for any show really) I will wait, though. I will stop reading this thread starting Friday to avoid spoilers. But I will be one of the few and I already know that YouTube's main page will spoil everything for me. That also happened with Samurai Jack. I opened YouTube and it said "Samurai Jack KILLS HUMAN!" or something like that.

I am still "waiting" for Justice League Unlimited to premiere / get released here :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Harley16

1/1: Maybe that's in part why they picked it for the show, lol. Come to think it, I forget if they showed how the Kroloteans or Reach did it. I remember the Reach had pods and were... electrocuting people?

1/2: Okay. As some of might have surmised, I was among those lucky enough to get to watch the first 3 episodes of Outsiders but had to keep their mouth shut for a few weeks. Gag order is over, and here's my non-spoiler review. In the lead up to Friday, I will try to answer any questions or concerns anybody here may have but I'm not going to outright spoil anything. Maybe a cryptic hint here or there.
I'm just curious if anyone knows if Mae Whitman is voicing Spoiler in this since she voiced Steph in season 2 or does Spoiler have a new voice actor ?

If this is too much of a spoiler question than never mind

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Latest profile posts

Disney and FOX are now one. Yay...
The Disney-FOX deal is an April Fool's Day prank gone real.
Disney officially owns 21st Century Fox as of today. The 4,000 laid off employees from both companies must be feeling so dang ecstatic right now.
I kinda like Phil Collins and am not afraid to say so!! (don't tell anyone)
Seriously, why can't Boomerang switch back to their original brand and air classic cartoons again?