"Young Justice" News & Discussion Thread, Part 29 (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

the_joker

Because Warner Bros. owns them all. DC comics, Young Justice, and Cartoon Network. The DC Streaming Service will be owned by WB for everything from Adam West Batman '66 series to YJ seasons including 3.

I must be missing something because a number of DC cartoons were getting screwed over, and I don't know why WB would purposefully do that.

Harlequinn

Joker's Henchman
I must be missing something because a number of DC cartoons were getting screwed over, and I don't know why WB would purposefully do that.

Cartoon Network operates of itself and isn't directly managed by Time Warner. The mishandling of DC properties is on Cartoon Network proper. But that doesn't mean that they solely own DC properties. They don't, Warner Bros does. WB/DC can do whatever they want with Young Justice

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
I don't know if this has been answered, but I thought YJ belonged to CN. So how was the show able to continue in a DC streaming service that may or may not be associated with CN?
Good question. Wonder if Weisman and Vietti can answer that or that's goes into NDA territory. In the least, probably needed someone from CN to sign off before they went forward on the show.

Otaku-sempai

I don't know if this has been answered, but I thought YJ belonged to CN. So how was the show able to continue in a DC streaming service that may or may not be associated with CN?
If I remember this correctly, Cartoon Network does not own Young Justice. Warner Bros. Animation created the show with Brandon Vietti and Greg Weisman as the producers and shopped it to CN. Apologies in advance if I have this wrong.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
If I remember this correctly, Cartoon Network does not own Young Justice. Warner Bros. Animation created the show with Brandon Vietti and Greg Weisman as the producers and shopped it to CN. Apologies in advance if I have this wrong.
Weisman did elaborate a little about it. Seasons 1 and 2 were funded by Mattel and CN. Mostly Mattel. But when they pulled out, CN couldn't fund it alone. And at the time of November 2016, he said Warner Bros. was funding Outsiders for now. He was careful to say they weren't "backers". I recall the talked a little more in the years before Outsiders was announced but I don't have the link on hand.

the greenman

Frontier

Staff member

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Hmm, Vietti mentioned working on animatics for episode 16. Perhaps this recording was for 20 or 21 (in July they did 10, in October they did 15-16).

(And the next posts on Marsden's Instagram account also feature other voice actors like Dante Basco, for example, but those might not be related to Young Justice).
That reminded me of the time there was a similar post and I thought Basco was going to be on GL:TAS but it turned out to be that Trapped in Time DTV.

Frontier

Staff member
That reminded me of the time there was a similar post and I thought Basco was going to be on GL:TAS but it turned out to be that Trapped in Time DTV.
Did we ever figure out what that Josh Keaton/Jason Spisak recording was for? Because it feels like we were never able to solve that mystery :confused:.

Frontier

Staff member
I don't remember... was it a LEGO one?
I guess it might have been. They may have been in one of the Lego movies before, though I can't think of one off the top of my head where they both voiced characters.

I just remembered we were speculating a possible Green Lantern/Flash cartoon and that never seemed to go anywhere...

Stephanie Lemelin teasing? This isn't confirmed to be YJ but it very possibly is.
I think it probably is. Stephanie Lemelin's VA work is fairly small so I think it's likely Young Justice related.

CyberCubed

Man is it just me or does it feel like its taking forever for Season 3 to come out? Even something like a 1 minute trailer would be nice at this point.

I almost feel like they announced its return too early. Is it still slated to debut by Fall of this year? If it doesn't come out till 2019 that's ridiculous long wait.

the greenman

Man is it just me or does it feel like its taking forever for Season 3 to come out? Even something like a 1 minute trailer would be nice at this point.

I almost feel like they announced its return too early. Is it still slated to debut by Fall of this year? If it doesn't come out till 2019 that's ridiculous long wait.
The announcement was premature, but needed. Greg and crew wanted to give us fans an "atta-boy" for helping resurrect it.

Sent from my LGMS428 using Tapatalk

Otaku-sempai

It can't be helped. The new season is for the new streaming service; naturally, we can't see the show until the service is ready to be rolled out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Alex Dudley's DToons YouTube channel is back after being hacked a couple of weeks ago. Good news.

Take a look at these cool posters.

Rebecca and Ian are LEGENDS!
If you want an example of what truly all-ages animation is, I can't think of a better recent example than Bluey's "The Sign". I have more to say, but you'll be hearing from me again ;)
aegisrawks wrote on Light Lucario's profile.
I loved your post in that Nick thread. I really dislike Nick's mentality of "It didnt outdo the Super Bowl, CANCEL IT NAO" and I am so glad you agree, even if you are more realistic and more wise.
It seems evidently that, despite being completed, ''Walpurgisnacht Rising'' hasn't been released yet. What do you think?

Featured Posts