"Young Justice" News & Discussion Thread, Part 29 (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

the greenman

Maybe the Batman we'll hear for most of the season until he officially starts recording will be comprised of dialogue he recorded in Under The Red Hood and the first two seasons (much like how season 3 of Mickey Mouse Clubhouse primarily used dialogue that Wayne Allwine already recorded for Mickey prior to his death) .
Is that even legal? I feel like contractually, it sounds odd.

Sent from my LGMS428 using Tapatalk

Rick Jones

fan-man
Staff member
It would be a major bummer if Greenwood was all together unavailable. I love him as Batman (i wish he was used more often ) but it's understandable that he gets a lot of non-voice work.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
Even if it is legal to use some of Greenwood's past recordings, it would be tricky to make them fit in with the plot of the show. He would need a good context to say, for example, "Lie to me again, and crashing into a wall head-on will be the least painful activity of your evening." He probably wouldn't be addressing a member of the Team or of the Justice League. :p

EDIT:
Khary Payton was a guest on the Geek To Me podcast. The part with him lasts only for about 20 minutes, and he mostly talks about The Walking Dead, but there are a couple of Young Justice Outsiders tidbits in there as well.

Around 2:24, he mentions he has just recorded a new episode 2-3 days ago. He will also be playing a couple of new characters this season.

And around 5:15, he mentions there are some really dark story-lines ahead, important stories about human lives and slavery.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
With the notion of a slavery plot line I wonder if we'll finally see Mars this season.
Interesting. I was just thinking of the metahumans and the plot point mentioned in the announcement. And we know they do have plans about Mars before Outsiders was announced.

WebMasterSage

Obey the Pecking Order.
Well, I think Savage is more likely to appear again then Bibbo is :sweat:.
I know this is 3 months old, but the reason I asked about Bibbo's possible return is the fact, I want to see Dave Willis voice Bibbo in the Carl voice.

the_joker

I don't know if this has been answered, but I thought YJ belonged to CN. So how was the show able to continue in a DC streaming service that may or may not be associated with CN?

the greenman

I don't know if this has been answered, but I thought YJ belonged to CN. So how was the show able to continue in a DC streaming service that may or may not be associated with CN?
Because Warner Bros. owns them all. DC comics, Young Justice, and Cartoon Network. The DC Streaming Service will be owned by WB for everything from Adam West Batman '66 series to YJ seasons including 3.

Sent from my LGMS428 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

I have to lay low for awhile. I need to take a break from this for right now, but I'll be back soon.
Bought Cat City (1986) on Prime today. Never seen it before, looking forward to watching it!
Super Metroid on the SNES turns 30 today in North America.
The sub-only anime releases in North America are the invention of the 2010s.
Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Featured Posts