"Young Justice" News & Discussion Thread, Part 29 (Spoilers)

• Enter to win two tickets to MIRAI plus Merch. Details here.

Latest News & Videos

Status
Not open for further replies.

the greenman

Jul 24, 2006
Ratings
2,985 5 1
the point of no return
Maybe the Batman we'll hear for most of the season until he officially starts recording will be comprised of dialogue he recorded in Under The Red Hood and the first two seasons (much like how season 3 of Mickey Mouse Clubhouse primarily used dialogue that Wayne Allwine already recorded for Mickey prior to his death) .
Is that even legal? I feel like contractually, it sounds odd.

Sent from my LGMS428 using Tapatalk

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Mar 8, 2009
Ratings
8,006 6
A Valid Location
Even if it is legal to use some of Greenwood's past recordings, it would be tricky to make them fit in with the plot of the show. He would need a good context to say, for example, "Lie to me again, and crashing into a wall head-on will be the least painful activity of your evening." He probably wouldn't be addressing a member of the Team or of the Justice League. :p

EDIT:
Khary Payton was a guest on the Geek To Me podcast. The part with him lasts only for about 20 minutes, and he mostly talks about The Walking Dead, but there are a couple of Young Justice Outsiders tidbits in there as well.

Around 2:24, he mentions he has just recorded a new episode 2-3 days ago. He will also be playing a couple of new characters this season.

And around 5:15, he mentions there are some really dark story-lines ahead, important stories about human lives and slavery.

the_joker

Mar 23, 2009
Ratings
I don't know if this has been answered, but I thought YJ belonged to CN. So how was the show able to continue in a DC streaming service that may or may not be associated with CN?

the greenman

Jul 24, 2006
Ratings
2,985 5 1
the point of no return
I don't know if this has been answered, but I thought YJ belonged to CN. So how was the show able to continue in a DC streaming service that may or may not be associated with CN?
Because Warner Bros. owns them all. DC comics, Young Justice, and Cartoon Network. The DC Streaming Service will be owned by WB for everything from Adam West Batman '66 series to YJ seasons including 3.

Sent from my LGMS428 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Latest profile posts

I'm rewatching Justice League and I'm sort of weird ed out how old Superman looked in the earlier seasons
Yeah... I just watched the end of Peepoodo... And I wish I hadn't. If I'm considered a wuss for liking Milo Murphy's Law. Big City Greens, Summer Camp Island, Clarence, Craig of the Creek, Hilda, Harvey Beaks, Harvey Street Kids and even The Loud House - not to mention LPS (2012, 2018) SO MUCH MORE because at least those shows have some constraint to not be this gross - then I could care less what you think of me.
Yeah I'm probably not coming back
I was just about to say "Where's Gridman?" on that Crunchyroll streaming thread.
DISH had recent upgrades on the 61.5 orbital slot this early morning. My signal strengths got increased and transponders were moved to another.

How Cartoon Network and TBS moved to other transponders. :P