"Young Justice" News & Discussion Thread, Part 29 (Spoilers)

Latest News

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harlequinn

Joker's Henchman
Nov 15, 2009
Ratings
400 1
California
If the current discussion is going to move into a general discussion about LBT in animation and not about YJ, that is considered going off-topic and it would recommended the discussion be taken to private messaging. Thank you.

EDIT: Weisman thinks Outsiders will definitely come out in second half of 2018.
The discussion wasn't about LGBT people in animation in general, that user made that one off derailing post. I was reminding them of proper etiquette pertaining to talking about marginalized groups of people because it appears that the moderators were unable to do so.

Super excited to see that Outsiders might debut in the fall though!

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Jul 13, 2003
Ratings
11,236 19
Shahdaroba
www.dcauresource.com
The discussion wasn't about LGBT people in animation in general, that user made that one off derailing post. I was reminding them of proper etiquette pertaining to talking about marginalized groups of people because it appears that the moderators were unable to do so.
I know the discussion wasn't about it in general. Yet. Hence why I started my sentence with "If" in anticipation of.

It's not that we were unable to. We try to give some leeway with certain things. Either a member reports another member's post and the moderator takes care of it that day or a member doesn't report and we let him or her try to resolve things in the thread with the other member. After a few posts, I made the call that it wasn't going to resolve.

EDIT: Weisman says 4th Quarter 2018.

Last edited:

the greenman

Jul 24, 2006
Ratings
2,978 5 1
the point of no return

Super excited to see that Outsiders might debut in the fall though!
I know the discussion wasn't about it in general. Yet. Hence why I started my sentence with "If" in anticipation of.

It's not that we were unable to. We try to give some leeway with certain things. Either a member reports another member's post and the moderator takes care of it that day or a member doesn't report and we let him or her try to resolve things in the thread with the other member. After a few posts, I made the call that it wasn't going to resolve.

EDIT: Weisman says 4th Quarter 2018.
In response to these, I do apologize if I hurt anyone by using "a" word. I gave my thoughts on what that word is defined as, no one has given me an alternative. I believe it's up to the mods to determine if a link to suppositories articles should be posted at all. If it garners attention of any hot button issues, maybe not. At this time, you can see just like in the real world we have divided thoughts, even amongst those who seemingly are aligned and united. I will hereby be a little more careful of my post as it seems we all must.

Have a HAPPY NEW YEAR! 588e1993a46700560fe2d817a79db880.gif

Sent from my LGMS428 using Tapatalk

GWOtaku

Staff member
Reporter
Feb 21, 2003
Ratings
743 6
Arlington, VA
Per roundtable interview this PM (DC in D.C. 2018), Bruce Greenwood has been asked to reprise Batman for Young Justice S3. He has not recorded his lines yet, as there is another project he’s been tied up with. He may be able to get away to do them by the end of the month.

Little doubt in my mind this would happen, but figured it was worth passing on.

Frontier

Staff member
May 28, 2010
Ratings
11,539 46
Sherman Oaks CA
Or the Justice League could have a smaller role. I mean, just getting enough screentime for all the members of the Team there could be will be a chore. YJ was always a populated show but another season means more new characters.
The Team doesn't look like it'll have as much of a roster shakeup as it did in season 2 (that we know about anyways), but Young Justice has always had a habit of rapidly expanding the cast :sweat:.

I think the only Justice Leaguer who's probably guaranteed the most screentime is whoever the current chairman is, since they also generally liaison with the Team, but we have no idea who that might be.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Jul 13, 2003
Ratings
11,236 19
Shahdaroba
www.dcauresource.com
I think the only Justice Leaguer who's probably guaranteed the most screentime is whoever the current chairman is, since they also generally liaison with the Team, but we have no idea who that might be.
Ha ha, exactly while the transfer of power scene between Captain Atom and Black Canary was amusing -- I was equally bummed because we don't get to see her tenure. I'm hoping it's someone who was in the background for awhile like Hawkwoman or Wonder Woman. But Maggie Q might be harder schedule-wise since I think she's on the Designated Survivor show on ABC whereas Hawkwoman isn't officially cast.

Frontier

Staff member
May 28, 2010
Ratings
11,539 46
Sherman Oaks CA
Ha ha, exactly while the transfer of power scene between Captain Atom and Black Canary was amusing -- I was equally bummed because we don't get to see her tenure. I'm hoping it's someone who was in the background for awhile like Hawkwoman or Wonder Woman. But Maggie Q might be harder schedule-wise since I think she's on the Designated Survivor show on ABC whereas Hawkwoman isn't officially cast.
I'm almost tempted to think it might be Superman since Nolan North was apparently recording pretty early, which is pretty flimsy at best, but it's anyone guess who it would be since we have no idea how the order of succession for the Chairmanship works :confused:.

I think it would be interesting and kind of full-circle if a former Team member who joined the League, like Zatanna or Rocket, were in charge of the League :cool:.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Jul 13, 2003
Ratings
11,236 19
Shahdaroba
www.dcauresource.com
but it's anyone guess who it would be since we have no idea how the order of succession for the Chairmanship works :confused:.
Whoever wants to be the next leader nominates themself then the JL votes.

I think it would be interesting and kind of full-circle if a former Team member who joined the League, like Zatanna or Rocket, were in charge of the League :cool:.
I like that idea a lot. Makes sense to me.

SweetShop209

Jan 5, 2014
Ratings
2,628 8
Per roundtable interview this PM (DC in D.C. 2018), Bruce Greenwood has been asked to reprise Batman for Young Justice S3. He has not recorded his lines yet, as there is another project he’s been tied up with. He may be able to get away to do them by the end of the month.

Little doubt in my mind this would happen, but figured it was worth passing on.
Maybe the Batman we'll hear for most of the season until he officially starts recording will be comprised of dialogue he recorded in Under The Red Hood and the first two seasons (much like how season 3 of Mickey Mouse Clubhouse primarily used dialogue that Wayne Allwine already recorded for Mickey prior to his death) .

Status
Not open for further replies.