"Young Justice" News & Discussion Thread, Part 28 (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
Regardless of how the new season will end, I doubt Weisman would leave some plot-lines unfinished just to spite fans. All of the stuff that is left unresolved is potential for another season, comic book, game, etc.

And I find it kind of silly worrying about how the season will end when we don't even know when it will actually start.

AdrenalineRush1996

Back with a better image
The main story for the season will dictate what is or isn't resolved. I can't really name any past DC animated series that resolved everything.
Let me clarify, so Weisman doesn't believe in endings wrapping up everything including loose ends?

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Let me clarify, so Weisman doesn't believe in endings wrapping up everything including loose ends?
Yes. Here's an example of such an answer from Weisman.
I NEVER leave a season with a cliffhanger.

I ALWAYS leave a season with open-ended closure.

I don't mean to sound disrespectful to you or any of my fans, but that's how my mind works. If you don't like it, I can't really help you, because you'd be asking me to change the way I tell stories.

But perhaps we're not so far apart. You cite the JLU ending, which I haven't seen. But you state that, in essence, it has open-ended closure, even noting it had unresolved plot points. That's EXACTLY what I do at the end of EVERY season. Not everything is going to be tied up into a neat knot, but every major plot point of that season will be, as happened at the end of Gargoyles, WITCH, Spectacular Spider-Man and Young Justice

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
I am going to guess one of the things that hasn't changed is the focus on Jack Kirby's Fourth World characters.

If they're adding stuff from potential future seasons I kind of hope the season doesn't end end up being too crowded (like I felt Season 2 was getting towards the end).

the greenman

4/6: Weisman noted in a reply today "more and more crewmembers coming aboard almost daily."

4/10: Weisman answered the 'why isn't it Justice League of America moniker?' and reaffirmed the JL is an international organization with a United Nations charter.

He also admitted they're going with their initial plans for Season 3 but some things have morphed in the intervening years plus when the series first started, they had roughly planned out 5 seasons .
Can you imagine 5 seasons of YJ? That being two more on top of what we have? personally, I have alot of things I would like to see (other than Milestone heroes), like Dial H for HERO.

Sent from my LGMS428 using Tapatalk

Otaku-sempai

Can you imagine 5 seasons of YJ? That being two more on top of what we have? personally, I have alot of things I would like to see (other than Milestone heroes), like Dial H for HERO.

And when you include the ideas that they've come up with since the show ended, there is actually enough material for at least seven seasons in total (not sure from your post if you were clear on that).
"We had about five when we started. But we keep coming up with more ideas. So we probably still have about five (over and above what we've already done)." - Greg W.

Last edited:

AdrenalineRush1996

Back with a better image
He also admitted they're going with their initial plans for Season 3 but some things have morphed in the intervening years plus when the series first started, they had roughly planned out 5 seasons .

A five-season plan for Young Justice? That can actually work, though it's a shame that Spectacular Spider-Man only ended with season two and that there were plans for season 3-5 and DTV films before issues between Sony and Disney prevented it to continue.

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
I think Greg Weisman always plans his shows in advance, for Spectacular Spider-Man he had ideas for 5 seasons (granted, they were only 13-episodes seasons) followed by some direct-to-video movies if I remember correctly. Personally I find the 26 episodes we got of Spectacular Spider-Man better than the 46 of Young Justice, but I digress. :p

It's cool Khary Payton is returning as Aqualad. I'm guessing most if not all of the original cast will be back, at least for the Team. Some might have been replaced, but honestly I'm more curious about what new characters (and voice actors) we could expect from the new season.

the greenman

I think Greg Weisman always plans his shows in advance, for Spectacular Spider-Man he had ideas for 5 seasons (granted, they were only 13-episodes seasons) followed by some direct-to-video movies if I remember correctly. Personally I find the 26 episodes we got of Spectacular Spider-Man better than the 46 of Young Justice, but I digress.

It's cool Khary Payton is returning as Aqualad. I'm guessing most if not all of the original cast will be back, at least for the Team. Some might have been replaced, but honestly I'm more curious about what new characters (and voice actors) we could expect from the new season.
Those were just compilation releases and not original content. I do agree those Spidey eps moved smoother for me. As opposed to YJ which had some filler eps.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
Those were just compilation releases and not original content. I do agree those Spidey eps moved smoother for me. As opposed to YJ which had some filler eps.

Not to get too much off-topic here, and like I said I might be remembering things wrong, but I thought the plan was to do DTV movies for Peter's college years. I know the show was initially supposed to be composed of DTV movies which were eventually split up into episodes (grouped in those 3 or 4 episodes mini-arcs).

Regardless of my feelings towards the show, I wouldn't exactly say Young Justice had filler since just about every episode had some kind of importance in the long run. The only episode I'd call filler would be "Secrets", but that's mainly because there was no real follow-up to it.

Red Arrow

ça va nog wel
I might have said this already, but I hope this will be on Cartoon Network in Europe. They treated the previous seasons like it should. I just hope they are still interested after all those years.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
Fair enough about "Secrets" - like I said, the episodes usually did have some importance in hindsight. I was mainly thinking of the Secret & Harm story, which was pretty entertaining but felt kind of separate from the rest of the show. I'm guessing it was setting up a future appearance of Secret but that never happened. Just my take on it.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Weisman confirmed Iris' due date was in September [Team Year 6] and Brucely was 2 years old in Invasion but it was a bit odd he wouldn't say if Wally's sacrifice was public record or not.

EDIT: So that would mean she was around 2 months pregnant in "Bloodlines" so the twins were conceived in December Team Year Five.

Last edited:

Marvelman02

I'm making a prediction here about Wally. I've made similar predictions in the past but I feel more sure about this one.

I think Wally is going to come back, and I think he will be back sooner rather than later. I don't think Greg would simply kill off a character he spent so much time developing. Greg has said in the past that he doesn't like the concept of the speed-force. But that's different than saying that the speed-force doesn't exist on Earth-16. I think Wally has been in the speed-force and his time there has increased his abilities. So, it wouldn't surprise me when Wally returns if he hasn't become the fastest of the Flashes!

But there's a huge catch! Don't expect a joyous reunion with Artemis! I can't see this being happily ever after for the star-crossed couple because there would be no drama in that! My guess is that while Wally was stuck in the speed-force, time has moved on without him. And what seemed like an instant for Wally has actually been several years. Artemis and the rest of the world moved on without him, and she is now married or engaged! I think this is true because it would be a great way for the producers to mess with the audience. Of course, in the end I do think Wally and Artemis will find their way back to each other, but only over the course of one or more seasons. Only in TV land does true love always prevail.

I still like my Legion of Super-Heroes theory. Remember, in the Legion of Three Worlds, both Superboy and Kid Flash find themselves in the thirtieth century fighting Superboy Prime and the Time Trapper alongside the Legion, but I think doing that story would take too much time away from the ongoing conflict with Darkseid and the Light.

This is, of course, pure speculation, but not unreasonable speculation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

I have to lay low for awhile. I need to take a break from this for right now, but I'll be back soon.
Bought Cat City (1986) on Prime today. Never seen it before, looking forward to watching it!
Super Metroid on the SNES turns 30 today in North America.
The sub-only anime releases in North America are the invention of the 2010s.
Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Featured Posts