Young Justice: Invasion "War" Talkback (Spoilers)

Rate and Comment - YJ "War"

Votes: 16 57.1%
  • ****1/2

Votes: 6 21.4%

Votes: 5 17.9%
  • ***1/2

Votes: 0 0.0%

• **1/2

Votes: 1 3.6%

• *1/2

• 1/2

• Total voters

James Harvey

The World's Finest
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
Check out an all-new episode of the acclaimed Young Justice: Invasion today at 10:30am (ET/PT) on DC Nation! And show your support for Young Justice: Invasion by live-tweeting only #AntiReach to @cartoonnetwork during today's episode!

Young Justice: Invasion
Saturday, February 9th, 2013 at 10:30am (ET/ PT) - "#41 War"

A conqueror from another world becomes a wild card in an intergalactic game of supremacy — placing planet Earth square in the jackpot.

Comments?

Mod Note: We appreciate and encourage discussion, but please keep your posts civil, relevant and insightful. Feel free to comment as the episode airs, too, providing your own commentary, though avoid successive posting. However, do not post any improper or inflammatory material, as we will issue warnings if we believe it necessary. And please remember to keep the discussion ON-TOPIC!

Lord Sidious

Man how they going to stop those missiles!!!!????

great episode thus far.

always sending the junior meta humans to take on powerful aliens lol

Oh yeah betrayal at the end FTW

great episode

trance2009

Good night everybody!
Well, I give Greg credit for not having it happen gradually to Jaime and just going for the shock jump scare at the end.

Gatordragon

A jester is you!
This episode was great, even if the ending was sad!

First off, I want to say that most of this episode reminded me of the video game, Halo 4. Mongul was like the Didact, the WarWorld was like the Cryptum, the giant laser was like the Composer, and the battle drones were like the Promethean Watchers. I'm a big Halo fan, so the resemblance fascinates me. It's probably just a coincidence though.

The trial on Rimbor's not going good. No wonder it's taking so long.

Mongul's black and grey outfit is not appealing to me that much. There's nothing wrong with black and grey, but I prefer an outfit with a little more color.

When I first saw the WarWorld, I thought: "That's no moon, that's a space station!". I just had to say that. :D

I'm glad Mal is Guardian now. Now he can fight on the frontlines. Him calling out his girlfriend, Bumblebee, during the middle of a fight was hilarious. :)

I loved it when Superboy, Wonder Girl, and Arsenal beat the tar out of Mongul when he was weakened. I just love it when the tables are turned. I actually yelled out "Hit him some more! Leave his face looking different!" :evil:

Guardian and Bumblebee kissing was so heartwarming. :D Wonder Girl giving Arsenal a peck on the cheek is totally going to get the shippers going. Just wait. In a few days, there will be fan art showing the two together. :p

Man, that ending was sad. And right when everyone was all victorious. Blue Beetle becoming a bad guy last episode totally slipped my mind, so I was momentarily surprised when he suckerpunched Impulse and messed everyone up. Arsenal didn't help when he panicked and opened the airlock. Poor Supercycle, getting thrown out of the airlock. :(

Last edited by a moderator:

Lonewolf36

Was that suppose to be Green Lantern Larvox on the Tribunal and Green Lantern Malet Dasim as prosecutor during the trial or just members of their respective races?

M

montyalbo

I guess the Reach decided to go ahead with the invasion now that their fleet was revealed.

Deshaded

Very good episode. The League managed an impressive showcase of power, even with the Leaguers offworld.

But, really I found the spotlight this episode going to Mal&Karen. I mean, Beast Boy and Wonder Girl didn't even get any lines. :p

HEATXZ

Duck Knght
Amazing episode :D
They got Keith David to play Mongul
The action scenes were great and i enjoy the funny scenes with Guardian Mal and Bumblebee XD

Bat-Fan Beyond

Man, I'm actually surprised this Warworld thing got resolved in just one episode. I thought it was at least going to be a two-parter. It all seemed a bit rushed to me, but I guess we have to move on with The Reach and Blue Beetle plotline, which has been dragging. I'm just glad that ending kicked it up a notch. I wish we had seen more with the Justice League trial, though.

I'm glad Mal is Guardian now. Now he can fight on the frontlines. Him calling out his girlfriend, Bumblebee, during the middle of a fight was hilarious. :)

Can someone remind me, I forget. What happened to the original Guardian? Is he still at Cadmus?

Ah, so Keith David as Mongul, huh? That opens us up for Kevin Michael Richardson Kalibak, Darkseid, Desaad, and Granny Goodness. Excellent.

Bat-Fan Beyond

I believe he quit both cadmus and his identity as guardian after he found out he was also a cadmus clone like red arrow

Thanks, I don't remember that :/

So does anyone think that the tyrant who overthrew Mongul on his homeworld might be Darkseid? Or is this something from the comics I'm not familiar with?

RoryWilliams

Thanks, I don't remember that :/

So does anyone think that the tyrant who overthrew Mongul on his homeworld might be Darkseid? Or is this something from the comics I'm not familiar with?

His sister took his place as the leader of their planet eventually. But it's possible (and more likely) they're talking about Darkseid in this context.

Guy Gardner

Ah, so Keith David as Mongul, huh? That opens us up for Kevin Michael Richardson Kalibak, Darkseid, Desaad, and Granny Goodness. Excellent.

I'm fairly sure he lives on the floor of the WB Voice Studio. In the DC Nation block alone he's like 7 different voices. I still love the man, though. Sarevok for the win! And a good episode: nice to see the League bust loose for once. Interesting implication on red suns by Mongul; they must create super-strength all over. I wonder if Mongul has to charge up like Supes. And Impulse is awesome; this show loves to use super speed to its fullest advantage.

Northern Sun

It's a shame I had to miss this episode due to an event I had to go to, but I did tune in for a bit while I was getting ready to leave and saw Fate destroying the big gun. I'm glad they got Keith David to voice something.

I figured Blue would betray the Team either this episode or "Complications", looking forward to seeing it happen. Does the Team get captured or anything?

RoryWilliams

The blurb for "The Hunt" refers to Luthor's heroes as a "team of misfits" on a rescue mission to save The Team. It's possible Arsenal escaped and ends up teaming up with Luthor's kids.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Remember back when people were saying that "Streaming is the (bright) future"?
"I can't wait to eat this baby" - Paramount, presumably looking for tax write-offs
Happy Baseball Opening Day
"I'm probably going to watch Nymphomaniac Part II on Disney+ this weekend" isn't something I didn't think I'd ever say, but here we are.

Featured Posts