You consider Aladdin and Lion King sequels and TV series canon?

zoombie

Except for the Timon and Pumbaa cartoon for obvious reason, do you consider at least for a moment consider other Disney animated media of Aladdin and Lion King canon? I know direct to video sequels are not canon, but unlike most direct to video sequels it is not 40 or 50 years since the original movie, and personnel the Aladdin and Lion King sequels are some of the best ones ever, though that is not saying much, I think only Cinderella III is in their league. And also I think the 90's Aladdin cartoon series and the Lion Guard are excellent in their own right.

Last edited:

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
I definitely consider the Aladdin ones canon. I think Aladdin and the King of Thieves is a better movie than the original (even if the songs aren't as great). The series was also pretty good too.

The problem with The Lion Guard is that it doesn't easily fit Simba's Pride. But I like it either way.

On the topic at hand I also consider the first sequel to The Little Mermaid and the TV series "Head canon". Simply because I choose to ignore how awful Ariel's Beginning was.

Light Lucario

Staff member
Yeah, I think that the Aladdin TV series and sequels are canon. I haven't seen them for a long time, but I don't think that they heavily contradict anything established in the first movie and they expand on the world/characters pretty naturally, so it's not too much of a problem to accept them as canon.

The Lion Guard is a bit more difficult since it takes place after Kiara and Kiovu meet, but before they become full grown lions. Not to mention Kion wasn't in Simba's Pride given that he wasn't created yet. I think that they could still make it fit within the canon of the two movies, especially if they do end the series with trying to factor in the Lion Guard into the later events of Simba's Pride, but I'd still take it as canon. I should get back to watching this series since I haven't finished season two yet.

Dudley

Staff member
The Aladdin sequels and series being canon seem plausible. Can’t speak for TLK, since I don’t really watch the other shows and movies (except LK 1 1/2 and Timon and Pumbaa, which I don’t really consider canon)

How to Make Money as a Kid 2

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

I currently feel 250 lbs lighter and the knot in my stomach is gone. I feel GOOD. I'm not used to feeling this way and haven't for a long time (at least four and a half years). It is very strange to me.
R.I.P. David Richardson, writer and producer who worked on shows such as Empty Nest, The Simpsons (he wrote "Homer Loves Flanders" and produced 11 other episodes for the fifth season), The John Larroquette Show, My Big Fat Greek Life, Malcolm in the Middle, Two and a Half Men and F is for Family.
You know that animated Rybelsus commercial? The one with a punk rock version of "You Are My Sunshine"?

Turns out the whole reason it was animated was because of the pandemic: Novo Nordisk debuts animated Rybelsus ad after COVID-19 nixed film shoot

In case anyone missed livestream of inauguration, youtube Nickelodeon now has it
I wish a happy 21st birthday to Montse Hernandez. She's known for voicing Gwen (Ben 10 2016), Cristina (Elena Of Avalor), Stacks (Craig Of The Creek), and June Del Toro (The Last Kids On Earth).

Featured Posts