Yoshi's Crafted World News & Discussion Thread

• Enter to win two tickets to Whisper of the Heart. Details here.

Latest News & Videos

ToonJay723

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
New York
Yoshi's Crafted World will be available on Nintendo Switch March 29th.

As Yoshi, you'll leap up high, gulp down enemies, and set out on a treasure hunt to find all the different collectables. On the flip side, stages can be played backwards, providing new perspectives to explore and new ways to locate some of the more craftily hidden items!

It all started when Kamek and Baby Bowser set out to steal a gem-set stone. Legend has it that this fabled artifact can grant the bearer their wildest dreams! But when the artifact’s gems are sent flying, it falls upon Yoshi and friends to find them. Luckily, saving the day can be cooperative and challenging. Pass a Joy-Con™ controller to a friend to team up as fellow Yoshis. Also, Mellow mode gives Yoshi wings for a breezier experience, which may come in handy! Finding all the flowers, coins, and Poochy Pups is no small feat! For extra protection, suit up in one of the handicraft costumes you can unlock in-game!

• Explore each stage and then find even more secrets by making your way through the stage backwards on the flip side!
  • Overcome varied enemies and obstacles, like Zombie Guys, Skelesaurus, Ukiki, and Monty Mole as you seek out hidden collectables
  • Pass a Joy-Con™ controller to a friend for 2-player cooperative exploration
  • Clad Yoshi in collectable, protective, handicraft costumes as he makes his way through each stage
Trailer

Gameplay

Last edited:

Light Lucario

Staff member
May 11, 2007
In a Dream World
That trailer was really cute. It reminded me a lot of Yoshi's Story for the Nintendo 64. The music during the opening and the design for the gem-set stone reminded me of the storybook design for that game. I like the Yoshi games and Yoshi's Story was one of the first video games I remember getting really into, so this one should be a lot of fun to play with too. It's too bad that it doesn't come out until late March. I was hoping for a bit of an earlier release date, but I'm sure that I'll get it eventually.

Reactions: Fone Bone

Mandouga

Jun 27, 2007
Newington, CT, USA
I'm sure Yoshi's Crafted World will be a good game, and all, but after what happened with Yoshi's Woolly World (which was made by the same developers), I have to say this:

I'm either playing it with a guide or not at all. Even when there are hints to where a collectible item is, they can sometimes be so subtle that they are completly missable. Other times, you're forced start the entire level over from the beginning if you miss one of them. In other cases, you might even get sucker punched, meaning you either lose a life, or are unable to fully complete a level when it's not your fault. As much as I respect Nintendo, even they aren't perfect (and neither are the developers that make some of their games). It gets frustrating when a game takes shortcuts in order to either make a game more difficult, or to give it something that looks replay value but isn't always "replay value" at all. Those two TV Tropes articles are called "Fake Difficulty" and "Fake Longevity") for a reason.

And with that out of the way, I'm interested in Yoshi's Crafted World, but I plan to wait for a guide (of some kind) first. I mean, I only got Kirby: Star Allies after I learned what you need to do get 100% completion (that, it doesn't repeat Planet Robobot's mistakes).

Oh, and as for Yoshi's Woolly World, please don't mention the badges. That's not (entirely) the point.