"X-Universe" Movie News & Discussion Thread Part 2 (Spoilers)

Neo Ultra Mike

Creeping Shadow of "15000"+ Posts
Honestly Bryan Cranston should be cast as Mr. Sinister... in the MCU once the X-Men rights go over to them. I mean I think it would be smart of Marvel not to showcase all of the primary heroes/villains the FOX X-Men Universe have given and even start with characters we've yet to see on screen which includes Mr. Sinister especially as that's a character who could extend to not just an X-Men threat but a general threat as well. Yeah the FOX X-Men Universe teased him and I think he was even suppose to cameo in New Mutants to hint at him being a bigger antagonist in a sequel to that and the world in general but... that was before the Disney buy out and since then times have changed.

the greenman

Honestly Bryan Cranston should be cast as Mr. Sinister... in the MCU once the X-Men rights go over to them. I mean I think it would be smart of Marvel not to showcase all of the primary heroes/villains the FOX X-Men Universe have given and even start with characters we've yet to see on screen which includes Mr. Sinister especially as that's a character who could extend to not just an X-Men threat but a general threat as well. Yeah the FOX X-Men Universe teased him and I think he was even suppose to cameo in New Mutants to hint at him being a bigger antagonist in a sequel to that and the world in general but... that was before the Disney buy out and since then times have changed.
They obviously first need to cast the core X-Men. I said it before, if Disney goes straight to the popular 90's team first again they lose on us comparing them to the team we've seen ad nauseam. By all rights they should go younger like they last two films, but give us the original 5. However, with them going Cosmic, Marvel should really focus on Fantastic Four. Right now, I feel like Feige might surprise us and just do X-Factor in a way of kinda going old school but not really. So long as they give us Scott and Jean we can at least build a legacy to support bringing in Sinister and even Cable.

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk

Frontier

Staff member
It's been reported New Mutants will be the last movie of the Fox canon and X-Force, Gambit, Dr. Doom, Silver Surfer, Kitty Pryde, and Multiple Man are shelved/dead.
Well, Gambit is a merciful end at this point, and Kitty Pryde and Multiple Man just seemed kind of random :sweat:.
Personally, I've been hoping that X-Force would be made.
Kind of a waste of Josh Brolin and Zazie Beetz to know they may not reprise Cable and Domino again :(.

Gold Guy

Two is always better than one
Staff member
The only films I was even slightly interested in were X-Force and Dr. Doom, and even the latter was in a cautious way, so I'm admittedly not too saddened. Hopefully New Mutants serves as a good farewell.

TargetmasterJoe

Cancel Gambit and Multiple Man please.

Sent from my LGMS428 using Tapatalk

Well, you got your wish, greenman.

But yeah, I'm not super torn about this canning because A) I never really had any confidence that Fox would be able to make those movies work (because it's Fox) and B) deep down, I know Kevin Feige and the MCU will blow whatever ideas Fox had for all these characters out of the water.

(Sorry Fox, you had your chance to do Doctor Doom thrice now and all of them were duds. Let someone else do him justice.)

Neo Ultra Mike

Well, Gambit is a merciful end at this point, and Kitty Pryde and Multiple Man just seemed kind of random :sweat:.

I think some people at FOX were hoping they would get the rights to these characters for a long amount of time to try making a bit more "innovative" super hero flicks knowing that they couldn't beat Marvel Disney regularly and wanted to do something more unique. Plus I also kind of think a lot of these were just honestly "busy work." Like when you're working at a store that's being closed down and it takes months for them to officially close the door thus in order to have something more to do you make plans and talk about them even you know deep down they'll amount to nothing.

Kind of a waste of Josh Brolin and Zazie Beetz to know they may not reprise Cable and Domino again :(.

Eh pretty sure if Josh Brolin wanted to play Cable again, Marvel Studios would be more then happy to keep him around since I don't think we're going to see Thanos in the current timeline after Avengers 4. Zazie's a bit more of a wild card especially since she's in that Joker movie this year (since there's supposedly this "if you're working on a DC movie you can't be involved with a Mravel movie" rule but that's a bit more flexiable especially when Joker isn't even in the DCEU) but if there's popular fan demand I expect her to be around. IMHO a lot of the Deadpool characters established only within the Deadpool movies are safe to appear in the future of the MCU since we know they aren't getting rid of Ryan Reynolds who as DP can always just jokingly hand wave how the DP movies even fit into the MCU and what not that could include the cast.

The only films I was even slightly interested in were X-Force and Dr. Doom, and even the latter was in a cautious way, so I'm admittedly not too saddened. Hopefully New Mutants serves as a good farewell.

Well New Mutants was never meant to be a farewell in any way. It was made and conceived of originally as the start of a new trilogy of movies for the Fox X-Men Universe. Granted it's had reshoots but it's still likely going to serve as a standalone movie. Dark Phoenix is going to be the main farewell to the X-Men Fox Universe.

And honestly once those movies happen we should probably have like a farewell thread celebrating the 20 year legacy of those movies that yeah are now being put down. Though quite honestly ever since we knew the merger was ending this year... I kind of figured all of these projects were cancelled anyway. I mean let's face it: most of the movies were just in the talking about/ scripting stage which yeah for the MCU means the movie's going to come out in a couple or few years. For these studios though it could mean it'd be on the back burner for ages or just plain not happen. Again kind of just feels like busy work to show they are still doing something even when... they really aren't. The ONLY one I had any faith coming out was X Force and that was really only for the DP connection. And again if DP characters will still be used by the MCU we could still have an X-Force movie. Granted it'd be less hard edge then if it was with FOX but it would still be something. The other ones can we all just agree were NEVER GOING TO HAPPEN. Especially Gambit. My god if there was any super hero movie that just wasn't ever going to happen despite being talked about happening over and over again in the last 5 years it was this damn thing that just never got traction. I'd feel sorry for Channing Tatum and co if you know they proved they were capable of actually turning in a product but they haven't so... yeah just feel like laughing at them honestly.

Frontier

Staff member
Eh pretty sure if Josh Brolin wanted to play Cable again, Marvel Studios would be more then happy to keep him around since I don't think we're going to see Thanos in the current timeline after Avengers 4. Zazie's a bit more of a wild card especially since she's in that Joker movie this year (since there's supposedly this "if you're working on a DC movie you can't be involved with a Mravel movie" rule but that's a bit more flexiable especially when Joker isn't even in the DCEU) but if there's popular fan demand I expect her to be around. IMHO a lot of the Deadpool characters established only within the Deadpool movies are safe to appear in the future of the MCU since we know they aren't getting rid of Ryan Reynolds who as DP can always just jokingly hand wave how the DP movies even fit into the MCU and what not that could include the cast.
The only person I can see the MCU keeping is Reynolds as Deadpool and maybe Blind Al, but that's about it.

TheLemsterPju

There's this theory that's been passed around occassionally about Deadpool 1 taking place from 2018 to 2020 because of the "Year of the Dog" mention in the two years ago flashback. (The Year of the Dog occurring in 2018. Joke context aside, it would make the Deadpool films post-Infinity War/Endgame for the most part.)

Also, if New Mutants ends up being really good, I think would be secluded enough in its setting to fit in the MCU. It would fit the theme of Mutants being introduced to the MCU through customary means and reintroduces the X-Men as a franchise; a new beginning. A transition with the final FOX X-Men film.

Neo Ultra Mike

The only person I can see the MCU keeping is Reynolds as Deadpool and maybe Blind Al, but that's about it.

Again I would think they'd want to keep Cable especially because of the Josh Brolin connection. And with actors like Laura Haddock who have played different roles in different MCU films I don't think it'd be a problem especially since with the motion capture technology, Thanos and Cable look totally different. Jury's still out on Domino but the character was really popular in Deadpool 2 and seemed to really get along with Ryan and co on set so if Reynolds wanted her back in another movie I don't think the stupid would complain. I don't see any of the regular X-Men being used at all especially as Feige said he wanted to use different X-Men characters in films going forward but I at least see them sticking with those 3 for X-Force. Especially as those are the major characters of X-Force. Oh also maybe Julian Dennison for Firefist as well. Yeah you would have to change the attitude of some of these ruder characters but it could still work. And hey imagine if they gave an X-Force movie to someone like Tailka Watiti. I'm sure he'd want Dennison to return... honestly thinking about it of the other projects Tailka could do with Marvel now I kind of want him to do the X-Force movie honestly.

There's this theory that's been passed around occassionally about Deadpool 1 taking place from 2018 to 2020 because of the "Year of the Dog" mention in the two years ago flashback. (The Year of the Dog occurring in 2018. Joke context aside, it would make the Deadpool films post-Infinity War/Endgame for the most part.)

I really don't see them keeping the continuity of the Deadpool movies stories but with someone like Deadpool you don't really need to do that. Wade can just make a 4th wall joke about his backstory being similar from "a company that now serves Disney" that he knows everyone knows but won't elaborate on. I mean if they were jokey about it the DP movies still took place in a variation of the FOX X-Men time frame so that wouldn't really fly for the main MCU timeline so just joke about it but have it take place more in it's regular time with a slightly hinted at different origin or something.

Also, if New Mutants ends up being really good, I think would be secluded enough in its setting to fit in the MCU. It would fit the theme of Mutants being introduced to the MCU through customary means and reintroduces the X-Men as a franchise; a new beginning. A transition with the final FOX X-Men film.

I don't know how New Mutants will turn out but I really doubt that will happen. Especially since most chances are New Mutants is not going to be that good. I mean it could surpirse everyone but even revamped as it was I don't really see that film really wowing or making people want to see more of these characters any. I could be wrong on that but I think it's pretty clear the only property the Disney Marvel team at the MCU is really only interested in DP and would just chuck everyone else to the side just to start fresh with them more.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
Towards the end of this article on Variety, they mention Ryan Reynolds said his team started work on "Deadpool 3" and they plan to go in a completely different direction.

(Note the article might contain some foul language)

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Imagine a broadcast TV network giving someone who worked at the Golden Age of Cartoon Network the opportunity to worked on a show, and doing 8 interviews, only to completely ghosted him for weeks for absolutely no reason.

Try to wrap your head around on that one, folks.

Seriously. Explain that to me, Memorable Entertainment Television? :/
Didn't notice that the site was back...

I'll start off by saying X-Men 97 has been a blast to watch. As someone who grew up exposed to the films and cameos on other shows, it was definitely a different treat seeing how both iterations of the franchise handle the characters and their world.
Professor X's speech in today's episode was powerful ... nuff said.
I've ground my wisdom tooth down overtime so that I can clench my jaw properly again. It's equal parts good and bad news.
Daffy Duck turns 87 today. Happy birthday to my favorite Looney Tune!

Featured Posts