X-Men: TAS "Have Yourself A Morlock Little X-Mas" Talkback (Spoilers)

Rate and comment on this episode

Votes: 5 27.8%
  • ****1/2

Votes: 3 16.7%

Votes: 2 11.1%
  • ***1/2

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 3 16.7%
  • **1/2

Votes: 0 0.0%

• *1/2

Votes: 1 5.6%

• Total voters

FlawedCoil82

Could it be that Jubilee was just being, you know, polite?

Oh I know that she was just being polite. But when I first saw it I just rolled my eyes when she said. I don't know why it bothered me. But yes, I know she was just being nice to the child Morlock.
Jack

Monarch

Smirkpocalypse
Agree to disagree, as I feel this episode is plain horrid.

You must be Jewish, then. Or maybe an Atheist. Not that there's anything wrong with any of those things, certainly, but to say this episode was horrid is to say that Christmas sucks.

Come on, Gambit and Jean dueling over the cooking? Cyclops' awful singing voice? Storm finally resolving her role as leader of the Morlocks properly? Both Leech and Marrina's painfully cute voice mannerisms? The beautiful SEM animation? Wolverine's snarky one-liners? It's far better than people give it credit for.

Trevor

Come on, Gambit and Jean dueling over the cooking?

That had to be one of the most funny moments in the entire series! I guess, considering how jealous Jean felt about her cooking when compared to the other X-Men, that's why Scott was with Rogue and Jubilee decorating the tree and singing: he didn't want to get on "Phoenix's" ugly side with dressing that was too salty.

Wonderwall

Staff member
but to say this episode was horrid is to say that Christmas sucks.

No it doesn't. Just because you don't like something that has a Christmas theme doesn't mean you hate Christmas. I really don't like Christmas themed movies and episodes, such as this episode, but I have no problem with Christmas. I also didn't really like 'On Angel's Wings' either but I thought it was ok, this episode was far worse but I thought all the Morlock episodes were terrible as I think they're usually terrible characters.

James Harvey

The World's Finest
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
The holidays are upon us once again, so there's no better time to check out this holiday-themed X-Men: The Animated Series episode! Happy Holidays!

28.jpg

X-Men: The Animated Series
Episode #61 - Have Yourself a Morlock Little X-Mas
Original Airdate: December 23rd, 1995

While the X-Men prepare for a festive Christmas celebration, Jubilee, Storm, and an extra grouchy Wolverine go last-minute shopping in Manhattan. But the jubilant mood quickly turns sour when the heroes find themselves in a race to save Leech, a member of the Morlocks.

Comments?

If you're looking to discuss other related Marvel Animation Holiday-themed shows, check out X-Men: Evolution "On Angel's Wings" and The Spectacular Spider-Man "Reinforcement". Also check out the Talkback Collection Thread for more related threads and episode discussions! For holiday-themed shows starring the best and brightest of DC Comics, head over to The DC Animation Forum.

FlawedCoil82

I still watch this one every Christmas Eve. :) Now to finally have it on dvd will be even better. It was my favorite episode from the 4th season.
Jack

Trevor

Between the 90's series Christmas episode and the Evolution Christmas episode, this one was far superior and the one that I enjoyed this Christmas.

Gold Guy

Two is always better than one
Staff member
This ep wasn't awful, but a bit too cheesy. It was sweet of Wolvie to help Leech. I didn't know he had a sister, though.

FlawedCoil82

Between the 90's series Christmas episode and the Evolution Christmas episode, this one was far superior and the one that I enjoyed this Christmas.

I can not say it was far superior as I loved the Evolution one just about as much but I definitely do not understand the hatred this episode gets. :confused:

James Harvey

The World's Finest
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
The holidays are upon us once again, so there's no better time to check out this holiday-themed X-Men: The Animated Series episode! Happy Holidays!

While the X-Men prepare for a festive Christmas celebration, Jubilee, Storm, and an extra grouchy Wolverine go last-minute shopping in Manhattan. But the jubilant mood quickly turns sour when the heroes find themselves in a race to save Leech, a member of the Morlocks.

Comments?

If you're looking to discuss other related Marvel Animation Holiday-themed shows, check out X-Men: Evolution "On Angel's Wings" and The Spectacular Spider-Man "Reinforcement". Also check out the Talkback Collection Thread for more related threads and episode discussions! For holiday-themed shows starring the best and brightest of DC Comics, head over to The DC Animation Forum.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
Pretty good episode. There were a couple of good or funny scenes but I thought the story wasn't anything special (and it should have been, considering it's a Christmas special).

JTMarsh

Wing Commander
Jean fighting with Gambit over what gets cooked in the kitchen always made me laugh. Cyclops struggling with singing also got a chuckle or two from me. On the whole a pretty decent ep.

James Harvey

The World's Finest
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
Why not check out this special holiday episode of X-Men: The Animated Series as a way to ring in the holiday season? How does this episode compare to other Holiday-episodes from other cartoons?

28.jpg

Comments?

Spider-Man

Despite this not being a great episode I still watch this episode every year. It's so over the top and ridiculous that it's hard not to at least get a little bit of a kick out of. There are some good points to it, like the episode wrapping up the Morlock's story by giving some resolution to the whole thing, and maybe some of the pathos that Wolverine goes through, but it's a pretty mixed affair. I don't think I could bare to watch this more than once a year! :)

James Harvey

The World's Finest
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
Why not check out this special holiday episode of X-Men: The Animated Series as a way to ring in the holiday season? How does this episode compare to other Holiday-episodes from other cartoons?

28.jpg

Comments? Share your thoughts on this holiday-themed episode! Is it better than the X-Men: Evolution holiday episode?

TheMadSlasher

I have to agree with the negativity.

I LOVE Wolverine-angst. A lot. But this episode just devolved into painfully-excessively-sentimentalist-emotionalist bilge, which of course gets contrasted against comic relief so bizarrely comic that all I could feel was absolute mood whiplash.

That, plus I despise the vast majority of Christmas episodes. They all, like this one, devolve into a huge sickly-glurgey lecture about the "true spirit of Christmas" and I just want to hurl.

W.C.Reaf

I just watched this ep earlier on in the week for the first time in years since, ya know, it's horrible and I wanted to forget all about it. But I did it anyway because I'm silly like that.

Not sure if it's possible but the ep might have gotten even worse. Jubilee being an annoying brat for most of it so she can learn a lesson, no one getting that Wolvie's not the Christmas type and won't leave him alone about it, Storm seeing that the Morlock's are in trouble and she could've done something about it decides to go "I'm going to make sure I'm not officially responsible for you all, so I'm guilt free!" rather than trying to actually help them to stop it from happening again. Oh yeah and the massive plot hole that Leech's powers were supposedly going out of control yet it didn't negate Wolvie's healing powers for the transfusion to work.

This isn't anything remotely resembling "good" or even a "reprocessed good-like substitute" it's just a message episode telling people they should be guilty over spending time with their families instead of helping the homeless and giving them all of your presents. Which I'm willing to bet none of the people making this actually did.

Rick Jones

fan-man
Staff member
It's hard to imagine anything as cutesy as the little morlock girl surviving in the sewers. It's a shame that other morlocks didn't get the adorable mutation either.

W.C.Reaf

Really? I found her to be pretty creepy looking because of the artstyle and that she's the only one who has Anime eyes in a non-Anime, so it looks really odd and out of place.

More "Kill it with fire!" than "DAWWW!" for me. ;)

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Here's my review of Barbie And Stacie To The Rescue in honor of Cassandra Lee Morris's birthday.
so, with primal screen going down, I wonder how that affected Cartoon Network since they using that studio to do the bumpers for years now, are they going to start working with the animation studio who did the bumpers for adult swim now
It is now officially 20 years since I joined here.
I have to lay low for awhile. I need to take a break from this for right now, but I'll be back soon.
Bought Cat City (1986) on Prime today. Never seen it before, looking forward to watching it!

Featured Posts