X-Men: TAS "Have Yourself A Morlock Little X-Mas" Talkback (Spoilers)

Latest News & Videos

Rate and comment on this episode

Votes: 5 29.4%
  • ****1/2

Votes: 2 11.8%

• ***1/2

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • **1/2

Votes: 0 0.0%

• *1/2

Votes: 1 5.9%

• Total voters

TheMadSlasher

Sep 20, 2011
it's just a message episode telling people they should be guilty over spending time with their families instead of helping the homeless and giving them all of your presents. Which I'm willing to bet none of the people making this actually did.
Quoted for truth.

The episode is nothing more than an overdose of sickeningly-sweet self-righteous guilt-trip moralism with a completely questionable moral message (i.e. "if you don't spend all your time on Xmas helping the poor, you're a horrible person!!!").

The episode is a textbook case of Glurge.

James Harvey

The World's Finest
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
Apr 23, 2001
Toonzone
www.worldsfinestonline.com
The holidays are here again! Why not check out this special holiday episode of X-Men: The Animated Series as a way to ring in the holiday season? How does this episode compare to other Holiday-episodes from other cartoons?

X-Men: The Animated Series
Episode #61 - Have Yourself a Morlock Little X-Mas
Original Airdate: December 23rd, 1995

While the X-Men prepare for a festive Christmas celebration, Jubilee, Storm, and an extra grouchy Wolverine go last-minute shopping in Manhattan. But the jubilant mood quickly turns sour when the heroes find themselves in a race to save Leech, a member of the Morlocks.

Comments? Share your thoughts on this holiday-themed episode! Is it better than the X-Men: Evolution holiday episode?

If you're looking to discuss other related Marvel Animation Holiday-themed shows, check out X-Men: Evolution "On Angel's Wings" and The Spectacular Spider-Man "Reinforcement". Also check out the Talkback Collection Thread for more related threads and episode discussions! For holiday-themed shows starring the best and brightest of DC Comics, head over to The DC Animation Forum.

Rick Jones

fan-man
Staff member
Feb 27, 2008
177A Bleecker Street
Always a hilarious watch. In Captive Hearts, when Storm beat Callisto and became the leader, she offered the morlocks refuge at the mansion. They refused that because mutants were still look down upon on the surface world. I'm not sure why that would have stopped them from being able to live in peace in the mansion's backyard or something but whatever. She gives command over to Callisto, to lead them in her stead. Why is it suddenly Storm's fault when the morlocks aren't able to take care of themselves in a way that they seemed to before Storm even met them?

Why exactly is Wolverine so anti-morlock? I know that they had that bad run-in the last time that they met but here he's acting as though they are the lowest of the low villains.

Cyke's bad singing, Jean and Gambit fighting over Christmas recipes, the chibi morlock girl, and Beast trying his best to make non-alcoholic Christmas beverages. It's not a great Christmas episode, at all, and I think I have fun with it that way.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Trevor

Jun 10, 2009
Ontario, Canada
I watched this again this year. A great Christmas special. Jean and Gambit’s cooking scene was reminiscent of the Grandma/Mom sausage gravy scene of the 1987 A Garfield Christmas Special.
This series really needs a High-Definition Blu-Ray release! Disney must have the film masters in the morgue somewhere! A rescan at 1080p 24 FPS would clean up the frame issues caused by the NTSC’s 3:2 pull down that occurred in the 90’s.

Reactions: Fone Bone

Spotlight

Sponsored Ads

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

I wish a happy birthday to Roger Craig Smith (45), Will Friedle (44), and Alyson Stoner (27). Roger's roles include Batman, Sonic The Hedgehog, and Captain America. Will's roles include Terry McGinnis/Batman, Ron Stoppable, and Peter Quill/Star Lord. Allyson's roles include Isabella (Phineas And Ferb), Batgirl (Young Justice, Lego DC DVD movies), and Sam Sharp.
Here's a picture of Danica McKellar with her mother. It's impressive how similar they look. I could've sworn they were sisters. I know the picture is from 2015, but still.

Remember when social media wasn't so toxic?
Happy 58th birthday Alan.

Tony Sampson is the best Eddy. James Arnold Taylor tries, but he goes a bit too over the top.