X-Men Evolution the Cauldron impressions (spoilers I guess)

I.R Joey

Yep my face got stuck this way
Hah I actually enjoyed the first episode, who would have believed it. It's actually begining to look and sound like X-men. All the mutat boigots and stuff that should have been there since day 1. And I'm weaping here because Magneto wasn't portrayed as badly as he could have been. However, he did seem to be alot more forceful then usual. I don't think he would actually take Prof. X anywhere against his will.

Butthen there was that whole road trip thing, ehhh. Anyway, I'd give it about a

8.5/10

Hope the second episode is as good or better.

*Cries*

"There is hope"

James Harvey

The World's Finest
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
It was good.

It was pretty good, but I doubt it'll top the two-part JACKIE CHAN ADVENTURES season finale that aired a while back, and reran this morning. I'm glad to finally see some action in the show for a change, and not the blandness we've been getting. I give it a 6.5/10.

optimal321

The Manhunter from Mars
I agree. This had almost nothing to do w/ the Xmen being teenagers.

James Harvey

The World's Finest
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
X-Men

I guess the reasons why most fans dislike it is becuase it's too much of a creative change from the characters we know. Here we have a bunch of our favorite heroes deaged to teens and forced to live through "angst" so we could relate when they didn't have to do that to make us relate. Plus the show lacks action and character development, which we're slowly getting, I'll admit. I just enjoyed the first one, even if the animated sucked and the stories were cliched and predictable. That show will always have the best Wolverine.

Nightwing

WF Old Man
Re: X-Men

I knew it! I knew I should have seen it! I saw the advertisements all week and I thought, well maybe I'll tape it (X-Men Evolution's overall performance didn't earn me getting up. lol) and watch it later because it looked promising. Eh, I'll catch it in reruns or something.

But the original Wolverine was the absolute best, I must say. He was soo incredible and so excellently cast that they even used his voice in my favorite stand up arcade, Marvel vs. Capcom. Evolution's Wolverine is great, but the original is my number one.

Samhaine

Time To Relax
De-aged???

Well, I hate to nitpick (ah, who'm I kidding. I love it), but when the X-Men first started, guess what? They were teens! Iceman was about 14 and the others were about 16. This show just did what the Children of the Atom mini-series did - put them in modern times.

Now, I realize that there are some bad lines in there. Like the one "You're never alone, because you're an X-Man." or something similar. Those cheesy lines I can do without. Also, Kitty saying "Like" every three words gets really annoying.

I liked the Fox series. I loved it. But it's gone now. Been gone for a few years. I got over it, and enjoy this show on it's own, not comparing it to the original.

And I actually like the design of Logan better now. The hair isn't quite as wild, and I just never liked that.

James Harvey

The World's Finest
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
X-Men: Evolution

I know the X-MEN were teens. I just find the show bland and inconsistent. Then again, the show isn't geared towards the 12 - 21 set, but the 3 - 11 set, so I can see why it's so kiddi-fied. But, then again, I'm not that big of an X-MEN fan. I barely read the comics, and only watched the cartoons and movie. I guess the show is different for an X-Fan. I will say it's a nice change of pace for an X-Fan to actually defend them then ridicule them. If you go to the X-Men boards at Comicboards, all they do is say how horrible the X-Men are. I will tune into the 2nd part of THE CAULDRON, becuase I'm interested a bit in it.

DR. BELCH

In a squashed gob of dung on the Missouri Bootheel
What gets me--

--is seeing Wolverine and Jean Grey together. Mind you, none of this isn't anything I haven't said before, but...in the Fox series, the comics, and the movie (so I've heard; I haven't seen it yet, but it's on Cinemax next month) Logan has feelings for Jean, but here she's only sixteen and he's well into middle-age even then. Isn't it a little weird to think of Wolvie lusting after a woman he's known since she was in high school? I mean, he's old enough to be her father, which isn't that bad in the later continuity since she was presumably in her late twenties or early thirties when they met...but this--brrrrr. The ol' canucklehead a pedophile? Perish the thought. :eek: BTW, if Logan is supposed to be Canadian, why does he have a Texas accent? :eek:

Not to mention I'm not sure I like seeing Kurt as hip-talking Eurotrash. In the Fox series he was a sober and reflective, if unfortunately malformed, man of God.

Kitty/Shadowcat I don't know much about--but I find the Valley accent (which let me just say I've only heard on TV; I have yet to hear a real girl talk that way) irksome. I'd rather they'd nixed Rogue (whose accent is also horribly done; she's supposed to be from Louisiana but sounds more like she should be serving suds in a juke joint in Houston, or maybe as far down as Juarez) and given her accent to Kitty. She's a cute girl...but she is tiny! What is she, four-foot-ten? Five feet, tops? :confused:

James Harvey

The World's Finest
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
Kitty

I agree. I don't like this new Valley Girl Kitty, especially since she's, like, totally from New York, or whatever. Rogue, however, I've gotten used to slowly. The Goth look actually works after awhile, although I wish they kept the southern gal charm she originally had.

Samhaine

Time To Relax
I've heard girls talk like that. Honestly. In class. In college classes. It's very irksome. I just want to, like, rip her, like, head off, and stuff.

Oh, and Wolverine, in the comics, is probably in his 80s, or older. Honestly. It's his healing factor that keeps him from aging.

And the Cyke-Jean-Wolvie love triangle? Um, that was barely ever in the comics. It really was never an issue. Wolverine even married a Japanese chick that he loved.

But guess what?

Joe Casey decided he wanted to "bring it back". And, as the cover of Uncanny X-Men #394 showed, they kiss.

Ok, this really upsets me, because I'm a big Cyclops fan and that whole thing just makes me want to rip up the comic. BUT, the way it was done, I can just continue not liking Wolverine (he's never been one of my favories) even more.

DR. BELCH

In a squashed gob of dung on the Missouri Bootheel
And Wolverine, he's so serene, he's got a TV in every room...

DickGreyson:
Rogue, however, I've gotten used to slowly. The Goth look actually works after awhile, although I wish they kept the southern gal charm she originally had.

Well, at 16, maybe the writers decided she didn't need seductive Southern charm. But she's from Louisiana, and what I'm seeing is more of a Texas tomboy. Heck, go whole hog, the way I see it--let her carry a switchblade strapped to her ankle, keep a pack of Virginia Slims rolled up in her shirt sleeve, cuss like a drunken sailor, and for an encore, smash a beer can on her forehead. ;)

Bloodone:
Oh, and Wolverine, in the comics, is probably in his 80s, or older. Honestly. It's his healing factor that keeps him from aging.
Where can I get one of those? ;) The big debate now is was he born with it or was it given to him by the same people who metal-plated his bones? One theory suggests he may be d*** near a hundred, or even older...I've even heard it suggested that a young Logan fought in the Civil War (though no one knows what color he wore).
As for his marriage...well, I'd say if he's that old, he's been through his fair share of dames. He may have several former Mrs. Logans stashed in various places around the globe.

James Harvey

The World's Finest
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
Rogue

Originally posted by DR. BELCH

Well, at 16, maybe the writers decided she didn't need seductive Southern charm. But she's from Louisiana, and what I'm seeing is more of a Texas tomboy. Heck, go whole hog, the way I see it--let her carry a switchblade strapped to her ankle, keep a pack of Virginia Slims rolled up in her shirt sleeve, cuss like a drunken sailor, and for an encore, smash a beer can on her forehead.

LOL! I could see why they would change that. Rogue does ack...for lack of better terms...slutty from time to time. She's quite the charmer in X-MEN: TAS, and I sorta like her loner status in X-MEN: EVO. I'll be up to watch CAULDRON Part 2 tomorrow.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Imagine a broadcast TV network giving someone who worked at the Golden Age of Cartoon Network the opportunity to worked on a show, and doing 8 interviews, only to completely ghosted him for weeks for absolutely no reason.

Try to wrap your head around on that one, folks.

Seriously. Explain that to me, Memorable Entertainment Television? :/
Didn't notice that the site was back...

I'll start off by saying X-Men 97 has been a blast to watch. As someone who grew up exposed to the films and cameos on other shows, it was definitely a different treat seeing how both iterations of the franchise handle the characters and their world.
Professor X's speech in today's episode was powerful ... nuff said.
I've ground my wisdom tooth down overtime so that I can clench my jaw properly again. It's equal parts good and bad news.
Daffy Duck turns 87 today. Happy birthday to my favorite Looney Tune!

Featured Posts