X-Men: Evolution "Self Possessed" Talkback (Spoilers)

Rate "Self Possessed"

Votes: 15 48.4%
  • ****1/2

Votes: 11 35.5%

Votes: 3 9.7%
  • ***1/2

Votes: 0 0.0%

• **1/2

Votes: 1 3.2%

• *1/2

• 1/2

Votes: 1 3.2%

• Total voters

James Harvey

The World's Finest
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
Discuss this episode of the fan-favorite X-Men: Evolution animated series!

xmevotalkback.jpg

Episode #38 - Self Possessed
Original Airdate - November 16, 2002

Rogue starts having trouble controlling her powers when all the abilities she's absorbed over the years begin to surface again. When she inadvertently absorbs Mystique's shape shifting abilities, Rogue begins to morph into the many mutants whose powers she's acquired, including the vicious Sabretooth. Now the X-Men have to defeat one of their own before Rogue does too much damage.

Comments?

Storm

This was one of the best episodes of season three. Seeing Rouge using all of the Brotherhood and X-men's powers were cool. Great animation and the character devolpment between Rouge and Mystique was excellent. Rouge was kicking some major butt :D The Destiny appearance was well-used. If we had a poll (can a MOD edit one) I give this episode 4 and a half stars :D Can't wait for the big man himself :D

P.S: Did anyone miss Spyke??? :p

Anarky

Team Conan
I just have to say that I loved this ep. The Rogue is my favorite member. And in this latest installment, we see her all of her angst, her anger, her lonliness. I cried during her meltdown. Such pain and torment. I've often wondered what if Rogue had been a memeber of the Bat-Clan instead of the X-Men. What kind of guidance would she receive from the Bat and Alfred?

4.75 stars (there's really no such thing as a perfect 5.0)

looking forward to the appearance of Apocalypse.

I assume you're kidding about Spyke. To tell the truth, I don't care much for the character. Same goes for most of the new recruits (except Jubilee & Iceman, they rock)

All-Star 1.5

I really missed Spyke in this episode but at least we got Rouge.

I mean she has become the most powerful mutant for right no anyway. I mean she can now control all of the powers of everyone she has touched I think Magneto and Xavier need to be a bit more cautious around her now.

Storm

Originally posted by Anarky
I assume you're kidding about Spyke. To tell the truth, I don't care much for the character. Same goes for most of the new recruits (except Jubilee & Iceman, they rock)

Yes I was kidding that's why I put :)p) there. I really thought that this episode did really really well without Spyke in the background. I really don't mind Spyke or The New Recruits but they're not my fave characters of the series.

Lunacat

Fallen Angel
I really enjoyed this episode, I felt so bad for Rogue. Spyke would have added nothing to this episode, so I didn't miss him too much. A lot of things developed in this episode, Multiple has a crush on Kitty (how cute! But her and Lance better get back together!), Risty's true identity is revealed, Mystique's relationship with Rogue is revealed, and Rogue finds out that Jean and Scott together is now a reality. There was also the appearence of Destiny, which I enjoyed and it gave us a little hint of things to come (even though we already knew).

My only question was why when Rogue was forcing all the personalities out of her why it didn't show the people from the concert....oh well, minor detail (could have just been a mutant thing).

4 1/2 stars for me, my only complaint was once again we have the Jean/Scott "will they, wont they" plot going on. I thought we settled that in "Blind Alley!"

czyznyck99

Weel Lunacat, for a brief second we also saw Cody, the first person she absorbed, and he was human. Maybe it only involves significant people to her.

This episode was great. Very chilling. I loved seeing how well Rogue was using multiple mutant's powers, definately a match for the X-men. The relationship with Mystique is going to be very good, if Rogue doesn't try to maim her first. And of course Destiny's severe warning at the very end is enough to get me wanting more.

4 stars.

Later.

Lunacat

Fallen Angel
Originally posted by czyznyck99
Weel Lunacat, for a brief second we also saw Cody, the first person she absorbed, and he was human. Maybe it only involves significant people to her.

That could be the case, almost forgot about that guy she first touched. I really need to refresh myself on season 1.

Oh BTW, I know next week's is a repeat ("Stuff of Villians" I believe...) when's the next new one? Anyone?

czyznyck99

The next new one is "Under Lock and Key," featuring the original five members of the X-men from the comics in their Evolution style (Cyclops, Beast, Jean, Iceman, and returning guest star Angel). It's on November 30, in two weeks.

Later.

All-Star 1.5

Does Rouge now have the ability to use multiple powers at once or was this just a one time thing? Because if she does than Wanda and the Brotherhood don't stand a chance.

Raziel

The Anti-Hero of Soul Reaver
Originally posted by czyznyck99
The next new one is "Under Lock and Key," featuring the original five members of the X-men from the comics in their Evolution style (Cyclops, Beast, Jean, Iceman, and returning guest star Angel). It's on November 30, in two weeks.

Later.

the second door of Apocalypse will be opened in this episode, and I read somewhere that the final door and first Evo appearance of Apocalypse will be the episode before the two-part season/series finale.

JohnStewart-GL

Mighty JLU memba
I thought it was great. i didnt really miss Spyke because he wasnt necessary in this ep but i cant wiat till he returns. hopefully like this:
evteam.jpg

any way back on this ep, i thought i was really good. I liked seeing Wolverine in his new suit in action! And i like that Jamie has a crush on kitty. I like seeing the new guys in eps and Boom Boom cameoed! Great development in this ep.
4 1/2 starz

GoufCustom

Mr. Pink
I gave it 5 stars, my only gripe is that WB airing of their horrible promos and interstitials.

Mister Intensity

This was an excellent episode. Rogue's story went full circle from her first appearance in this one. Mystique just doesn't get it, she has betrayed Rogue all her life, so why should Rogue be happy. There's no doubt the Mystique cares for Rogue but she doesn't know how to express it and winds up hurting her in the process.

Big time emotional overload for Rogue. From learning that she has absolutely no chance with Scott to learning the truth about Risty, she was batterred emotionally in this episode.

Wolverine being there for Rogue was a nice touch. No one was there for him immediately when he came up with a bunch of jumbled thoughts after going through the Weapon X experimentations. He didn't want the same to happen to Rogue.

Other things I liked about this episode: Boom Boom's cameo; Jean reluctance about telling the others about dating Scott (if you're in a small school full of busybodies, wouldn't you be reluctant to tell them about your relationship with one of the family); Jamie's crush on Kitty (which reminds me of Kitty's old crush on Scott); some nice power use; etc.

Spyke's presence wasn't missed, in fact, we would have been cheated if he appeared since he took a leave of absence two episodes ago.

It will be interesting to see how Rogue responds to her powers in her next appearance.

This season is getting better and better.

Mister Intensity

Raziel

The Anti-Hero of Soul Reaver
I think Spyke will appear during the Season/Series finale.

CouchWarrior

How To Make Kitten-Pot-Pie!
MOOO!

LunaCat Multiple has a crush on Kitty (how cute! But her and Lance better get back together!),

Err, I have a question. WHAT EVER HAPPENED TO KITTY AND KURT?! :( In the first season, Kurt was always chasing Kitty, and I thought that was very cute. Then it just stops. :( Did I miss an epi or something? *sigh* Am I the only Kurtty fan? But you know, if Kitty and Kurt started falling for eachother again while still hooked up with Lance and who-ever-she-is(WHAT'S HER NAME!? ><;;) that would add a nice little twist to the show, scince they got over the Jean/Scott thing. :D Also, one more thing, Mystique is Rouge's and Kurt's mom. So does Rouge know that she's Kurt's sister now, or what? Who the heck is their dad? ?_?

Chibi Kageboshi

The Sessy Bizatch
Mystique is Rouge's and Kurt's mom. So does Rouge know that she's Kurt's sister now, or what? Who the heck is their dad? ?_?

Rogue was adopted but yeah you could sau they are brother and sister. I dont remember if Kurt ever found out that Mytique was his mom or not.. and it has not been revealed who the father is.

Storm

The Kitty, Kurt, and Lance Love-Triangle

I'm going to be the outsider and stick to the comics:

Shadowcat & Colossus!!!!!! :D

COTA--1515.jpg

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Alex Dudley's DToons YouTube channel is back after being hacked a couple of weeks ago. Good news.

Take a look at these cool posters.

Rebecca and Ian are LEGENDS!
If you want an example of what truly all-ages animation is, I can't think of a better recent example than Bluey's "The Sign". I have more to say, but you'll be hearing from me again ;)
aegisrawks wrote on Light Lucario's profile.
I loved your post in that Nick thread. I really dislike Nick's mentality of "It didnt outdo the Super Bowl, CANCEL IT NAO" and I am so glad you agree, even if you are more realistic and more wise.
It seems evidently that, despite being completed, ''Walpurgisnacht Rising'' hasn't been released yet. What do you think?

Featured Posts