"X-Men: Evolution" Comic Series Talkback (Spoilers)

Rate and Comment on this Series

• X-cellent!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ****1/2

• ***1/2

• **1/2

• *1/2

• X-crutiating!

• Total voters

James Harvey

The World's Finest
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
Discuss the X-Men: Evolution comic series based on the acclaimed animated series of the same name!

X-MEN EVOLUTION

THE CREATORS: Written by Devin Grayson (Black Widow, Ghost Rider), and drawn in an awesome animated style by Udon Studios (Last Call).

THE SCOOP: The hit WB cartoon -- beginning its second smash season -- is now a brand-new comic book!

THE SET-UP: You've seen the X-Men: Evolution animated series... but do you know what happened before the show began? Marvel kicks off a new all-ages title based on the popular program -- and begins with a story that reveals the events before the first episode!

THE STORY: Before the X-Men, before the Xavier Institute, before the rivalry, there were two men with very different visions. Before the code names, before the secret identities, before the world learned to hate and fear mutants, there was a young woman whose most dangerous weapon was her mind. Before costumes, before the training, and before anyone had ever heard of "adamantium," there was a frightened amnesiac searching for the truth. Now, the lives of Professor X, Magneto, Storm, and Wolverine collide as the world stands on the brink of genetic war. How do two best friends become arch-enemies? How does a goddess from Africa find her place in the world? How does a man without a past decide mankind's future? All heroes start with power and ambition they must learn to control. All villains start with ideas they believe to be just. And all great legends begin with "once upon a time..." X-Men: Evolution -- In the beginning, there was X!

Discuss this comic series right here at The Marvel Animation Forum!

Ryoken

This is the only thread i can find for the comic. too bad no one else talked about the book. i just read the comic has been canceled. A pretty bad move , i mean , it has great art by udon , its behind a very popular tv series , marvel killed this one , as it didnt get the attention and care it deserved by marvel , not by the fans , i loved it , and i will miss it dearly , i just hope marvel realises this comics needs mmore advertising , instead of cancelling it without giving it a chance............i just hope marvel rethinks about this.......

a day of grief , really.

James Harvey

The World's Finest
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
Yeah - I put that news up on the newspage (http://news.toonzone.net) today. I can see why Marvel would do it. They cut just about any low selling comic and this was one of their lowest selling comics. They just cut the lose and dropped the book. Well, at least it lasted longer than the Spider-Man Unlimited comic...

Viper

I'll Never Forget You Two!
I myself am truly saddened and upset about this. :( :mad: I found the artwork very nicely done and a couple of the stories were pretty good. I can't believe this happened! :(

TheForgottenOne

Gilgamesh The Eternal
:mad: P O'd man, that book had the best art i've ever seen. It 0wnzz even transformers and ultimate spiderman. And the stories were bad a##, its a sad day when a quality book like X-Men: Evolution can be cancelled and Justice League Adventures can survive. :confused:

CadaverousEyes

Ostracized
Alas, another general audiences comic disappears. Heh, well, at least this means they won't publish that one with the awful Mr. Sinister redesign!

Are they still going to release the TPB? Seems kinda redundant to compile the first 4 issues of a comic that was cancelled on its ninth.

sulimo

Originally posted by CadaverousEyes
Alas, another general audiences comic disappears. Heh, well, at least this means they won't publish that one with the awful Mr. Sinister redesign!

I guess Marvel's stance is that the Ultimate line of books are their general audience books.

Sandoz

Thin Man Fan
I think its a shame, because I greatly enjoyed the comic. While the continuity was confusing as heck, the gorgeous artwork more than made up for it. And worst of all: No more UDON Brotherhood! :(

Ryoken

Yeah its a shame how marvel is kiling Udon , hell , i mean , ive never seen an ad for any of their work , and i think deadpool will be dead soon , as marvel is just kiling every non mainstream book...........to make stuff like the u-decide thing and keep hyping new x-men and other stuff that is just famous and seels on their names alone (cough , ultimate line , cough , x titles) :rolleyes: .........im really starting to feel marvel is just becoming worse and worse everyday..... :mad:

BRING THE EVO COMIC BACK!
LONG LIVE UDON!

Sandoz

Thin Man Fan
One thing I would have really liked to see in the comic would be Devin/UDON's take on Lance and Kitty's relationship. I loved how they touched on Rogue's infatuation with Scott, and I think they would have done a nice job on Lance and Kitty's Romeo and Juliet-like forbidden love. :(

Ryoken

maybe we will see that on issue 9? the one that involves the bh crashing at the party in the mansion?

Sandoz

Thin Man Fan
I can only hope so.... Too bad the issue won't be drawn by UDON, though. :(

slayerx

i blame the downfall of the comic on marvel. the evolution comic has the potential to become as popular as ulitmate x-men. i believe that the low sales is to due to the lack of advertisement. Many people don't even know there is an evolution comic. i didn't find out until issue #4. This isn't the only book that suffers from marvels crappy approach to selling comics. marvel seems to only promote uncanny,new,xtreme,and ultimate. look at how much they hyped up ulitmate x-men and spider man . marvel publishes alot of comics but most people only know about 6 or 7 of them. its hilarious that a big company can't figure out that a commercial during the evolution show(isn't the show one of the top 5 shows watched on saturday) would boost sales. i think im about to drop eveything that is marvel AGAIN(the x:men evoltuion cartoon is what lured me back to marvel and its crappy ways

anyways i plan on making a petition to try and save it. everyone sign it.

Petition Online - Petition Online has been retired

tell everyone about it

once i collect enough sigs i plan on printing it out and sending it to marvel

Last edited by a moderator:

MDawg

Nerfariously planning
Originally posted by slayerx
http://www.PetitionOnline.com/613097/petition.html

tell everyone about it

once i collect enough sigs i plan on printing it out and sending it to marvel
Welcome to the boards slayerx, not to burst your bubble or anything, but online petitions just don't work. They're just a waste of bandwidth. Writing an actual letter to the company in question(in this case Marvel) is much more effective, but in the case of X-Men: Evo, it's probably too little, too late.

AdrenalineRush1996

Back with a better image

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

as a survivor of childhood trauma, I I wish everyone would leave Amanda Bynes alone. she owes us nothing, and I hope she's doing as well as she can possibly be right now.
I think most people are very upset and lamenting the fact that Nickelodeon (NOT including preschool shows nor nick@nite) aren't having regular new episodes since after Transformers: EarthSpark finished the season.

Let's hope we get new promos during watching Sonic the Hedgehog 2 tomorrow night.

I knew about the promotional cans but I'm just seeing this ad for the first time. I love seeing Daredevil pushed by Marvel.
Notable moment from The Rock.
The time when Gunther spoke Dutch in Friends.

Featured Posts