"X-Men '97 (Disney+ "X-Men TAS" sequel)" Animated Series News & Discussion (Spoilers)

The Overlord

It would be kind of hilarious if Tara Strong got to finally play Magik again in a cartoon considering Illyana in X-Men: TAS was like her first voice role and they canceled WaTXM before she got to reprise Illyana in season 2 :cool:.

Tara Strong has voiced Magik in a few games at this point, so if they have Magik back, they will likely hire her:

RoyalRubble

Staff member
In regards to the team dynamics, I am guessing they will keep the same style as in the previous seasons, with a limited main cast and occasional guest-stars. Something similar to Justice League Unlimited could potentially work, i.e. every new hero could be implied as being part of the team even if they don't all show up together in each episode.

Frontier

Staff member
In regards to the team dynamics, I am guessing they will keep the same style as in the previous seasons, with a limited main cast and occasional guest-stars. Something similar to Justice League Unlimited could potentially work, i.e. every new hero could be implied as being part of the team even if they don't all show up together in each episode.
I feel like they might make at least a few roster changes to mark something significant with the team after so long, though maybe not in the initial episodes, but we'll see :).

the greenman

I have to admit I'm curious where they'll go from. The late 90s X-men comics for me were gloss but not much substance. I was mostly getting into Image and indy stuff like Hellboy or Sin City and graphic novels even back then.

Sent from my LM-Q730 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

AdrenalineRush1996

Not to derail the topic too much since I also brought up Batman: Caped Crusader earlier in the topic, but I think a better comparison would be between X-Men '97 and the recently announced Batman: TAS audio drama. Granted it's not animated but it feels more like a continuation of the animated series, and a handful of the voice cast should return.
Another comparison for X-Men '97 would be the revival of Young Justice.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
I guess it can be compared to Young Justice as well, although it didn't take YJ over 20 years to get a continuation after it was cancelled.

EDIT:
This is only somewhat related, an "X-Men '92" comic will start in April. Figured it might be interesting seeing how X-Men '97 might also cover some newer stories from the comics when it premieres.
This limited series will see the return of the X-Men’s beloved ‘90s incarnations as they tackle the groundbreaking beats of HOUSE OF X! Known for his ingenuous work on titles like SPIDER-HAM and RAINBOW BRIDGE, Foxe makes his exciting X-Men debut with this clever twist that will delight X-Fans new and old. And Espin, whose eye-catching art graced the pages of DEADPOOL: SECRET AGENT DEADPOOL, is ready to bring back the pouches, bomber jackets, and all the explosive awesomeness that made the X-Men’s 90s heyday so iconic!
Mutantkind is taking a huge leap forward by founding their own nation on the island of Krakoa, guided by Professor X, Magneto, and a mysterious long-lived woman who knows more than she should… But this won’t be the story you know. Expect the unexpected as the action, secrets, and high stakes drama that made HOUSE OF X such a masterpiece are shaken up in a totally new way!
X-MEN ‘92: HOUSE OF XCII #1 (OF 5)
Written by STEVE FOXE
Art by SALVA ESPIN
Cover by DAVID BALDEÓN
On Sale 4/6

Last edited:

Roxas_Sora

I will like to see the new comic ending as we all know the story in the main comics will: Krakoa falling down and Mutants returning to their Status Quo.

Let's be honest, in comics, changes of Status Quo hardly remain.

Alex20

I will like to see the new comic ending as we all know the story in the main comics will: Krakoa falling down and Mutants returning to their Status Quo.

Let's be honest, in comics, changes of Status Quo hardly remain.
It's kind of funny, people were complaining that Jonathan Hickman couldn't complete his story for the X-Men which they assumed was Krakoa being burned to the ground and mutants no longer being resurrected because Marvel wanted to keep the current Status Quo. Except, if Hickman got to do what they thought he wanted to do, then that would be the old Status Quo.

Spotlight

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Asa wrote on kanc's profile.
I’m hoping the first Madagascar movie finally airs on Nickelodeon this year. They’ve only played the sequels so far.
Feels like I’m the only person who uses Opera

This song made me realize how it's rare for most projects to pair up Goofy and Daisy, yet they play well off of each other.
Man, animation Twitter has stooped on the new low where they bullied a girl to a suicide for liking a character they don't.

May she rest in peace.
Hello there Just looking for someone to talk about The N with

Featured Posts