"X-Force" Feature Pre-Release News & Discussion (Spoilers)

the greenman

I'd really be interested in seeing this, but I'd rather it be a sequel to 'New Mutants'. It seems it may try to be it's own thing.

Sent from my LGMS323 using Tapatalk

Frontier

Staff member
Concept art from Gregory Semkow shows the line up is Cable, Warpath, Cannonball, Domino, and some hooded girl.
I've seen some guesses that the hooded girl might be a version of Feral, who also has white streaks in her hair (even if in the comics it's a much wilder hairstyle compared to the concept art :p).

But wow! That's some awesome concept art. Cable and Domino look awesome :D.

Cable could stand to be a little bulkier in my opinion but otherwise looks great. And those pouches :p.

Warpath is also looking nice, and Cannonball is a neat addition especially in light of being replaced in Deadpool by Negasonic Teenage Warhead :cool:.

Wish we could get a better look at Domino's eyes...and those are some interesting characters on her costume :).

I hope this concept art is a good sign of things to come from Fox ;).

Frontier

Staff member
Ya know, might be ambiguous cause she seemed to be multiple ethnicities in the comics.

I'm honestly drawing a blank as to whether Domino/Neena's ethnicity has ever been explicitly stated, but there have been a few times where I felt the art depicted her as being of an Asian-Ethnicity.

I believe her Wolverine and the X-Men VA was Asian as well :).

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
12/28: Yeah, could be Feral. Naturally, I thought Rogue as well because of the hair. heh. Good eye, Frontier.

I'm hoping that Deadpool 2 gets fast tracked, they introduce Cable and the ending sets up/leads into an X-Force film.

1/12: In the X-verse, Robert Liefeld fan casted Jon Hamm for Cable. Good luck with that wish.

2/10: Deadpool writers Rhett Reese and Paul Wernick voice a desire to eventually take Deadpool to an ensemble piece like X-Force.

Last edited:

the greenman

Kinberg says X-Force could possibly be rated R:

http://collider.com/x-force-movie-rated-r-simon-kinberg/

“I think there are some stories that could be R-rated. I don’t know what they are, I mean I think the mainline X-Men movies have their own tone, which is a more operatic tone. It’s more dramatic, it is more PG-13 in a way. X-Force I could see being R-rated, and who knows?”

Frontier

Staff member
Kinberg says X-Force could possibly be rated R:

http://collider.com/x-force-movie-rated-r-simon-kinberg/

Depending on the style and tone they go for, and what they draw on from the comics for the film incarnation, I can very easily see an X-Force movie being rated R. Especially if Deadpool is going to be on the roster o_O.

Makes me wonder what rating they might go for with Gambit...

the greenman

I'm guessing FOX fully used 'Deadpool' as a barometer to see if X-Force would go forward. I think the producers said the lineup will be a mix of different rosters. Concept art suggests they want Cable, Domino, and Warpath. Deadpool will appear, and depending on their popularity in 'XMen: Apocalypse', we could see Psylocke and Archangel.

As for Gambit, I suspect they will keep it PG-13. I mean, let's not get outta hand here. It's still a business and getting more butts in seats to see Chattum as Gambit is too risky to go 'R'.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
2/27: When asked about X-Force, Reese and Wernick said
We will have a hand in it. I think everything that ‘Deadpool’ is involved in we will have a hand in and it’s a universe that Ryan [Reynolds] and us are very close to and very protective of, so I do think we would absolutely involved in that franchise as well. If it’s Deadpool relate, I think you’ll see some of our fingerprints on that.
Well, yeah, obviously with Deadpool as a success -- it looks like they'll do a pass at least on Wadlow's script. If not start from scratch.

5/16: Singer confirmed X-Force is in the earliest script stage with Kinberg. Singer didn't rule himself out of directing or looking for a director -- name checking Vaughn.

the greenman

Hmmm, Matthew Vaughn doing X-Force could be really cool. Mind you, I didn't love First Class, but that was no fault in the direction, more failings on my fanboy expectations. I think the biggest two casting figures for this universe stems on both Cable and the new Wolverine.

Greg91

Reporter
It's being reported that Joe Carnahan will direct and co-write with Ryan Reynolds.
All these X-Men news before Logan's release and no release date announcement? Which one's coming first? :p

Joe Carnahan directing X-Force sounds pretty good to me, on top of being a co-writer. Count me in! It's good to see Fox has so many X-Men projects on the way. I hope they turn out well.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Kinberg talked a little about X-Force
Deadpool 2 is going into production this year. Then X-Force which is a combination of Deadpool, and Cable –they’re like the Black ops of the X-Men. They’re much darker and have an R-rated decibel. There are other X-Men characters coming into X-Force at different times in the comic, but it’s separate from X-Men.

Magmaster12

Master of MAGnets
Staff member
Reporter
So are X-23 and the other New mutants from Logan going to be in this or not.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Imagine a broadcast TV network giving someone who worked at the Golden Age of Cartoon Network the opportunity to worked on a show, and doing 8 interviews, only to completely ghosted him for weeks for absolutely no reason.

Try to wrap your head around on that one, folks.

Seriously. Explain that to me, Memorable Entertainment Television? :/
Didn't notice that the site was back...

I'll start off by saying X-Men 97 has been a blast to watch. As someone who grew up exposed to the films and cameos on other shows, it was definitely a different treat seeing how both iterations of the franchise handle the characters and their world.
Professor X's speech in today's episode was powerful ... nuff said.
I've ground my wisdom tooth down overtime so that I can clench my jaw properly again. It's equal parts good and bad news.
Daffy Duck turns 87 today. Happy birthday to my favorite Looney Tune!

Featured Posts