"WWE Survivor Series" 2011 Prediction Thread

The Penguin

Mod of Fowl Play
Staff member
While my show comments are still behind, I am all the way caught up and hope that will influence my picks in a positive way...

Never Before. Never Again.
John Cena & The Rock vs. The Miz & R-Truth

I think this is a tough call because it all comes down to what story is told. I guess I'll go with Cena & Rock.

WWE Championship
Champion Alberto Del Rio with Ricardo Rodriguez vs. CM Punk

Punk Johnny Ace telling Del Rio have much more trouble Punk could cause as champion was all I needed.

World Heavyweight Championship
Champion Mark Henry vs. Big Show

Henry I just don't see Big Show getting it done. The decisive victory will further build the finally realized legacy of The World's Strongest Man.

Predict a winning team. (Sole Survivors if you like.) :v:
Traditional Survivor Series Elimination Match
Team Orton
Randy Orton, Sheamus, Tag Team Champion Kofi Kingston, Mason Ryan & Sin Cara
vs.
Team Barrett
Wade Barrett, Intercontinental Champion Cody Rhodes, Jack Swagger, United States Champion Dolph Ziggler & Hunico with Christian & Vickie Guerrero
Team Orton These matches are so tough to call, but I am still going to side with Randy Orton and his Survivor Series success ratio. If he/his team doesn't get it done this year, I am going to see that success as a thing of the past.
Survivors: Orton & Sheamus

United States Championship
Champion Dolph Ziggler with Vickie Guerrero vs. John Morrison

Ziggler The U.S. Champion is really building his rep with these double-match PPPV appearances (though it might have been nice to give another Superstar an upgrade by having them in the elimination match) and I think WWE is starting to fully realize what they have with him. They are also realizing what they have with Zack Ryder and it will mean a lot less if he chased/defeated Morrison.

Divas Championship - Lumberjill Match
Champion Beth Phoenix vs. Eve Torres
Beth The assumed chaos does lend itself to the physically weaker Diva getting a win, but Natalya will be out there too.

anime_guru

show me your as-sets
Cena and Rock will lose
Henry will retain
Dolph Ziggler retains for a Zach Ryder/Dolph feud
Del Rio retains via d/q or something
Team Orton wins
Phoenix retains

Arrow

I got two matches right, and everything else just went straight to hell. 'Twas a good event, so I can't complain, but I just wish I'd do good on one of these again. Oh well, there's always next month.

mumbo

Look skyward
4/6. Was considering throwing my lot in with Team Barrett but I backed off at the last moment. Didn't think we'd see Barrett pin Orton twice so close together, I'm pleasantly surprised.

KJ Styles

The Instant Classic
I went 4-2 this time around.

Didn't think Team Barrett would win, or the Big Show.

Likewise, although I'm kinda glad that Barrett is being pushed. I've always liked him and wouldn't mind seeing him win the WHC at some point. Plus I'm sick of Smackdown revolving around Orton.

bigddan11

Justice must be served!
Perfection is back baby. 6-0
I took a gamble on Show winning, but he did win by DQ. I thought Del Rio's reign would only be for the Mexican Tour, and frankly Cena is a heel without being a heel in the upcoming Cena/ Rock match next year. I think Ryder will be the one to take the title from Ziggler, which is why I went with him, and I even managed to get one of the two Sole Survivors correct in saying it would be Team Barrett with Barrett and Ziggler being the Sole Survivors. Instead of Ziggler it was Rhodes. I just didn't see any way one of th emid card champs wasn't a sole survivor in that match. As for picking Phoenix, was anyone foolish enough to go against her. The Glamazon is the most powerful diva, and the only wy she should lose the belt is if they add a stipulation where the challenger wins the title by DQ or submission.

And yes, I would have been 7-0 had the Dark Match (Santino Marella vs Jinder Mahal) been an option, because who would go against Santino after the beatdown he got last week?

hobbyfan

4-2. Like Mumbo, I had thought about going with Team Barrett, but switched, and paid for it. Didn't think they'd take the WWE title off Del Rio again so soon; he's starting to look like Sheamus did last year at this time. Two quick runs, and then, down the ladder. Meh.

Kippy

Just one month late, here are the Survivor Series results:

6/6

bigddan11

5/6

Azrayel

4/6

hobbyfan
Kippy
mumbo
Daxdiv
Spike Mcdougal
RedNinja84
KJ Styles
JShaggy
The Penguin

3/6

Boy Wonder
Jin Kazama
Aces 21
PalmelaFC
dendawg

2/6

Arrow
Dilla
Marvin Tikvah
Matt Hazuda
anime_guru

---------------

He is still the Intercontinental Champion...

Kippy!! (84%)

Top Contenders
1. Azrayel (74%)
1. JShaggy
1. KJ Styles
1. RedNinja84
5. bigddan11 (68%)
5. hobbyfan
5. mumbo
8. Dilla (63%)
8. Matt Hazuda

---------------

He is also still the World Heavyweight Champion...

Kippy!!! (96)

Top Contenders (133)
1. JShaggy (87)
1. RedNinja84
3. bigddan11 (86)
4. Azrayel (85)
5. mumbo (83)
6. hobbyfan (82)
7. KJ Styles (81)
8. Dilla (79)
9. Matt Hazuda (72)
9. Daxdiv
9. The Penguin

:evil:

---------------

From the Vengeance thread...

Of course the results are up really quickly when you're the champ :p

Well this kills that idea. :sweat:

---------------

The Intercontinental Title Champion is decided by calculating who has the highest percentage of correct guesses over the three most recent pay-per-views. The Heavyweight Title score awards points for correct guesses (no penalty for wrong guesses) for the six most recent pay-per-views. The points system for the heavyweight title is weighted such that more recent pay-per-views are worth more points. Click here to view the spreadsheet used to make these calculations. Please, please check my work!

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

I love you, Law & Order: Organized Crime. That is all.
Today marks the 20th Year Anniversary of when the Legend of Zelda's Oracle Duology was released in North America.
Happy birthday to George Lucas, the Star Wars Franchise has been one of my favorites since childhood.
NermNelly wrote on KristofLaszlo99's profile.
Hi, God and ruler of the world/Világok istene és ura!
NermNelly wrote on Palk Áron 2002's profile.
What gender do you see me as?

Featured Posts