WWE signs 3-year agreement with NBCUniversal.

Latest News & Videos

Jaguar

Cogito ergo doleum
Mar 4, 2003
Memphis, TN
I didn't see a thread on this, so...
Beginning in October, Monday Night Raw to air on USA, Telemundo and potentially on Mun2; a 1-hr weekly program and at least one yearly, 1-hr special on USA; and at least two yearly specials in NBC's SNL slot.
So it's in writing now. Raw is going back to USA.

WWE in SNL's slot. Can't believe it, really.

bigddan11

Justice must be served!
Nov 11, 2003
Odessa, TX
eyeonskyandairsports.blogspot.com
Hmmm, I wonder what this will mean for Smackdown though. Smackdown most likely won't be picked up by UPN (since UPN is owned by Viacom), so could this mean that Smackdown will move to USA as well? Perhaps it means Smackdown will head to Bravo, or imagine Smackdown on CNBC or MSNBC. About the only thing certain with this move is Raw = USA, and USA (which usually has 3 to 4 shows in the top 10) will now be the #1 cable network once more (because the WWE Cable programs are always the #1 watched thing on cable).

The NBCUniversal Networks are NBC, USA, MSNBC, CNBC, Bravo, and Telemundo. I'm sure they have additional networks as well, but those are the networks they air the Olympics on through their NBCUniversal package. I think they also own Pax, but they've been trying to sale them.

VCXZX

DH Smith????????????????????
Nov 1, 2004
LI
'Bout damn time they go back to USA. it's been rumored for months that that would happen, but now it's official.

And yeah, it is cool to see the possible return of "Saturday Night's Main Event." Knowing the WWE, they'll probably have a lame name for it. :shrug:

But since they're nostalgia crazy lately, they might go for it.

EinBebop

Data Dog
Jun 1, 2002
Greeley, CO
VCXZX said:
And yeah, it is cool to see the possible return of "Saturday Night's Main Event." Knowing the WWE, they'll probably have a lame name for it. :shrug:

But since they're nostalgia crazy lately, they might go for it.
Yeah, I think they're finally getting the point that nostalgia sells, though they haven't fully implemented it yet. Think about it:

Inducted this year were Hogan, Piper, and Orton. Snuka was inducted last year. The only person you're missing is Mr. T, who incidentally is fifty times more deserving to be a inducted into the HOF under celebrity status than Pete Rose. People forget how popular T was back in the eighties; behind Hogan, he was probably the second or third most important person responsible for pro-wrestling's popularity explosion.

So my question is, could anything have been more fitting at this point in time than to replay the original Wrestlemania main event containing three of the newest inductees into the Hall of Fame? And if they did, it would probably be on Heat or something, but why not Raw? Do they completely rule out the possibility that fans might enjoy a dose of nostalgia longer than thirty-minute Raw rewinds?

Crap. What were we talking about again?

Tapout

Jan 12, 2003
Arizona
twitter.com
So what's this mean for the weekend shows? I haven't read any full articles, but from the first post it said a weekly 1 hour show. I for one won't miss Experience at all, but Heat and Velocity are sometimes good and without them they'd have to release another 10-15 guys and the cruisers would be even screweder (I made a word :) ) than they are now.

VCXZX

Nov 1, 2004
LI
After rereading this, it seems as if Heat is the only non-RAW show to move to USA. Velocity isn't mentioned. Neither is the WWE Experience.

I wonder if those shows will be cancelled. Too bad about Velocity, it's been arguably the 2nd best WWE show as of late, thanks to the Cruiserweights.

T.T.Raven4

Three Cheers For Sweet Revenge
Nov 8, 2004
Anywhere But Home
VCXZX said:
After rereading this, it seems as if Heat is the only non-RAW show to move to USA. Velocity isn't mentioned. Neither is the WWE Experience.

I wonder if those shows will be cancelled. Too bad about Velocity, it's been arguably the 2nd best WWE show as of late, thanks to the Cruiserweights.
True.

bigddan11 said:
Hmmm, I wonder what this will mean for Smackdown though. Smackdown most likely won't be picked up by UPN (since UPN is owned by Viacom), so could this mean that Smackdown will move to USA as well? Perhaps it means Smackdown will head to Bravo, or imagine Smackdown on CNBC or MSNBC. About the only thing certain with this move is Raw = USA, and USA (which usually has 3 to 4 shows in the top 10) will now be the #1 cable network once more (because the WWE Cable programs are always the #1 watched thing on cable).

The NBCUniversal Networks are NBC, USA, MSNBC, CNBC, Bravo, and Telemundo. I'm sure they have additional networks as well, but those are the networks they air the Olympics on through their NBCUniversal package. I think they also own Pax, but they've been trying to sale them.
And also true.

This could be an even bigger break for the WWE.

Spike Mcdougal

The Legendary Outlaw
Jan 6, 2002
The Planet Gunsmoke
Visit site
Beginning in October, Monday Night Raw to air on USA, Telemundo and potentially on Mun2; a 1-hr weekly program and at least one yearly, 1-hr special on USA; and at least two yearly specials in NBC's SNL slot.
I hope i'm reading this wrong but does that mean Raw is only gonna be on for only an hour? On another note I remember seeing Superstars several times on Telemundo when it was still syndicated. Cool if they resurrected Saturday Night's Main Event, extra cool if they brought back the kickass theme song

EinBebop said:
Yeah, I think they're finally getting the point that nostalgia sells, though they haven't fully implemented it yet. Think about it:

Inducted this year were Hogan, Piper, and Orton. Snuka was inducted last year.
Snuka was inducted in 96

JShaggy

You Serious?!
Mar 23, 2003
Tennessee
bigddan11 said:
I think they also own Pax, but they've been trying to sale them.
PAX is owned by Paxson Communications, which is 50 percent owned by NBC Universal. Of course, PAX wouldn't be caught dead airing WWE programming.

As for the NBC Universal deal itself, I see most of the programming (RAW, Velocity, WWE Xperience, and Sunday Night Heat) airing on USA, with SmackDown! possibly airing somewhere outside of the NBC networks (some people don't get Bravo on basic cable).

bigddan11

Justice must be served!
Nov 11, 2003
Odessa, TX
eyeonskyandairsports.blogspot.com
I really don't know where I see Smackdown at now. I just don't see it on USA or UPN, and if they want to keep it on Thursday night, then the only other place they could go where it would be on regular TV is the WB. Smackdown just doesn't seem like the type of show the WB would be interested in to me. I only said Bravo because it is part of the NBC Universal package. I know it's not on basic cable in some locations, but Bravo does show the Olympics, and it has startde getting onto Cable One affiliates, so it is expanding. It also seems like the type of show they wouldn't be afraid to show on Bravo, because Bravo is the home of all the Queer Eye for the straight guy and girl series. It would also make Smackdown less censored, which means it could finally become more like Raw is.

The Penguin

Mod of Fowl Play
Staff member
Dec 20, 2001
South Dakota
Jaguar said:
So it's in writing now. Raw is going back to USA.
It's not that I don't believe it, but where is it in writing at? I tried to check WWE.com and NBC-Universal. I couldn't seem to find anything.

zmanjz

Retired...?
Jan 9, 2002
East Side.
My big question is going to be: what all do we get on "NBC PRIMETIME"?

Sunday: Boxing, crime show, (& Law and Order)
Monday: Craptacular crap (eating)
Tuesday: Comedy (& Law and Order)
Wednesday: Drama (& Law and Order)
Thursday: Random unrelated stuff that gets good / decent ratings
Friday: Crime related shows (& Law and Order)
Saturday: Crap (& Law and Order)

So.... lets see here, what fits into their programing scheme?

If they decide to put anything on NBC Primetime, my guess would either be on Saturday (or monday if the move RAW to a different night.)

VCXZX

Nov 1, 2004
LI
I read in the PWTorch that the Telemundo show will be taped before Smackdown every week. And that Velocity will be cancelled in the fall. :( :(

Spotlight

Sponsored Ads

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

We have a tie due to both episodes getting 2 votes. I'll be tiebreaker, and pick "Blood Moon" to move on. The last matchup is monstrous sleepovers. We have the DC Superhero Girls episode "Living The Nightmare" and the Amphibia episode "The Sleepover To End All Sleepovers" .

rwinger24 wrote on Moleoman's profile.
I have a Discord invite for you.

I like to help build on your Production Music fandom page.

Join the Production Library Music Discord Discord Server!

-------
Asa
The Miraculous New York special premieres TONIGHT! Can't wait to see it soon.
are there any more changes for nicktoons, teennick, or nickjr schedule for this week? i wont be able to spend more time on this... but if anything i missed, please tell me..