"WWE Money in the Bank 2012" Prediction Thread

The Penguin

Mod of Fowl Play
Staff member
My apologies for the delay, Money in the Bank is Sunday. Remember your picks must be in by 8 p.m. ET and you cannot edit them after that time.

Money in the Bank has four scheduled matches... Really?! Four?! I haven't seen SmackDown yet, but that seems awfully low... so everyone's total will be out of four (I guess). If you refuse to pick on principle, we have no clue who you want, or you just plain miss it, you will get it wrong.

Please note that you must pick a winner. "[Champion] retains" must be taken as "[Champion] wins" as you cannot make a pick that allows you to be correct if the Champion wins or if they lose by disqualification or count-out.

Also note that "Draw" is an acceptable prediction and covers a double count-out, double disqualification and other situations that result in a no contest. Matches will not be thrown out due a draw.

Typically, the only circumstance that results in a match being thrown out is a change in the participants of the match (i.e. if an additional Superstar/Diva is added or a Superstar/Diva is removed and replaced by someone else). This is not a hard and fast rule however, and is done on a case-by-case basis.

Remember, matches announced after the thread has been posted will not be counted. There is no reason to predict a match that is announced Saturday as there will be no points awarded.

WWE Championship Money in the Bank Ladder Match
John Cena vs. Big Show vs. Kane vs. Chris Jericho

World Heavyweight Championship Money in the Bank Ladder Match
Damien Sandow vs. Tyson Kidd vs. Intercontinental Champion Christian vs. United States Champion Santino Marella vs. Tensai vs. Cody Rhodes vs. Dolph Ziggler vs. Sin Cara

WWE Championship - Special Guest Referee: A.J.
Champion CM Punk vs. Daniel Bryan

World Heavyweight Championship
Champion Sheamus vs. Alberto Del Rio with Ricardo Rodriguez

Please remember this thread encompasses anything to do with predictions. Should you feel the need to tally up your score, "challenge" people, or tell the story of the "match for the championship" that is going to fit in here, not the talkback thread for the event which will of course be posted Sunday.

Ballboi

Haven't really been paying too much attention to wrestling lately, but I'll give this a shot.

Winner: Chris Jericho

Winner: Dolph Ziggler

Winner: Daniel Bryant

Winner: Sheamus

Jin Kazama

Hawkguy
Staff member
Money in the Bank has four scheduled matches... Really?! Four?! I haven't seen SmackDown yet, but that seems awfully low.

Four matches on the actual show, yet they sure as heck made sure they have that Youtube pre-show match!

Seriously, though, you know they're going to throw in a couple Ryback and Brodus squash matches.

My picks:

-WWE Title MITB Match: John Cena wins
-World Title MITB Match: Cody Rhodes wins. Although I'd be perfectly OK with Ziggler, too.
-WWE Title: Punk v. Bryan: Punk wins
-World Title: Sheamus v. Del Rio: Sheamus wins, even though it took Del Rio three months to get the shot.

Arrow

WWE Championship Money in the Bank: John Cena.
WWE Championship: CM Punk.
World Heavyweight Championship: Sheamus.
World Heavyweight Championship Money in the Bank: Cody Rhodes.

Bryangst

JERK

WWE won't let their precious John Cena lose his first ever MiTB ladde rmatch. That says nothing about whether or not he'll be the first to lose while cashing in. Either way, John Cena wins.

Damien Sandow vs. Tyson Kidd vs. Intercontinental Champion Christian vs. United States Champion Santino Marella vs. Tensai vs. Cody Rhodes vs. Dolph Ziggler vs. Sin Cara

I'm feeling a Cody Rhodes win here.

Unfortunately neither man will have a chance to shine in thie match. That star is obviously AJ, and this makes it tough for me to pick. I'll go with Punk

Sheamus

Bat Bruce

Chris Jericho

Dolph Ziggler

Champion CM Punk
(Would've been nice if they'd let them have a normal match & do the stupid AJ stuff on the 3 hour Raw)

Champion Sheamus

hobbyfan

World title: Sheamus over Alberto Del Rio. Al was the last man standing last night, and both men won their matches, but I'm just not feeling Al winning the title. Just ain't happening.

WWE title: After Monday, I'm thinking both Daniel Bryan & CM Punk are being played for fools, and there's a third party interested in AJ Lee. Who it is, I don't know, as we now can rule Kane out (Or can we? Knowing Vince and his scribbling idiots.....!). I think, on the one year anniversary of his infamous title victory in front of the homies in Chicago, Punk drops the title to Bryan.

Raw MITB:

Big Show: 10-1. Not the odds on favorite you'd think he is. You'd have to incapacitate him to keep him from winning, and you have three guys, including two former tag title partners (Kane, Jericho), who will do just that.

Kane: 5-1. He won the Smackdown MITB 2 years ago and cashed the same night. Can lightning strike twice? (I could see him winning and cashing on either Bryan or Punk).

Chris Jericho: 3-1. In order to make his current run interesting---and solidify his heel status----Jericho almost has to win here. Otherwise, he's an afterthought mostly because his music commitments make it impossible for him to be a full-time player.

John Cena: 10-1. He was the last man standing Monday. Usually that means he ain't winning, but his PPV record of late hasn't been spectacular. I just can't see Cena winning the first time around. A MITB virgin ain't winning.

The Pick: Chris Jericho.

Smackdown MITB:

Damien Sandow: 20-1. Too new, too boring. Pass.
Tensai: 30-1. Uncreative already has all but given up.
Sin Cara: 10-1. Last year, Sheamus put him on the DL, and we got the whole mess with Hunico posing as Cara in the interim. It's not his time yet.

Tyson Kidd: 5-1. TK's been bouncing around, also making appearances on NXT, and they'll feud him with Tensai in the aftermath, methinks.
Christian: 5-1. Sentimental favorite, even though he has the IC title. His pal Edge won the first, then stole a 2nd from Ken Kennedy, but now is not the time for Capt. Charisma, either.

Dolph Ziggler: 6-1. He has an albatross holding him back that presented him with a sham title reign last year. Needs credibility, and a Wrestling Observer poll has him winning. No, he ain't.

Cody Rhodes: 3-1. It may be time for Cody to follow in Dusty's footsteps and become world champ, something brother Dustin never did, but Cody's also overdue for an image makeover, because Papa Marblemouth won all of his as a face.

The pick: Cody Rhodes.

Just for kicks: Booming Truth (Kingston & Truth) over Hunico & Camacho.

Daxdiv

Does this look like the face of mercy?

The Talon

Cena (I think WWE might swerve though, this just seems way too obvious)
Bryan
Ziggler (I want it to be Sandow though)
Sheamus

mumbo

Look skyward
It sucks I missed out on the No Way Out predictions, I would have had another perfect score. I doubt I'll get one here but here goes.

1. Cena wins. He'll probably cash in for a title match at Summerslam and in doing so may be the first guy to lose on his cash-in. But Jericho's not full-time, and neither Kane nor Big Show have any business holding the title so it's Cena's to lose.
2. Dolph Ziggler wins. I actually think a certain someone will return, ambush Tyson Kidd, take his spot and win..but if that's the case the result gets thrown out, so I'll go with the most likely one. Only person who could beat Ziggler is Rhodes, but Rhodes has fallen a little farther down the card than Ziggler of late, so I think Ziggler edges him out.
3. Sheamus wins. Easiest pick.
4. CM Punk wins. I can honestly say I have no idea who's going to win this one. AJ picks Bryan and we're back to square one...but WWE is trying to push AJ as a big star in the Diva's division and I think they want her face. The fans voted and wanted Punk/AJ and I think that's what Vince will go with.
5. (for kicks) R-Truth and Kofi Kingston win.

Boy Wonder

An old geezer from the north!

Cena
Rhodes
Punk
Sheamus

bigddan11

Justice must be served!

CM Punk

Sheamus

I see Cena and Y2J being the two mos likely candidates, and currently I'm leaning towards Cena. However I wouldn't be surprised to see them alter this match. For example if Del Rio loses to Sheamus before this match takes place, well Del Rio does meet the qualifications to be in the match, and I wouldn't be surprised if he showed up and won it.

They seem to be pushing Ziggler a lot lately, so I'm going with Dolph. I would go with Cody Rhodes if it weren't for him and Christian both being in the match. I think that Rhodes will eliminate Christian and while he laughs about finally getting a win he gets eliminated by Sin Cara.

Expect Kofi & Truth to prevail since it isn't the #1 contenders they're facing.

The Penguin

Mod of Fowl Play
Staff member
I am watching the event tonight, which I am excited about. :)

Jericho I think this is easily the most interesting. Cena stops Show, but does not achieve anything himself. I don't know what exactly is happening, but if Jericho is about to disappear for a tour, I think it would be intriguing for the case to disappear with him and the makes his return by cashing it in.

Rhodes I could see it being Ziggler, but I think this is now Cody's time. Especially with how he got himself back into contention and then into the match, I see a story here.

Punk I just can't see the WWE Title changing hands with this mess surrounding it.

I'd say this is the toughest call of the four (even with two strong SmackDown MitB winners). Sheamus

JShaggy

You Serious?!
Four matches, huh?

Chris Jericho will win.

Dolph Ziggler will win.

CM Punk will win.

Sheamus will win.

Azrayel

mumbo

Look skyward
4/4. Another perfect score!

Make it harder to guess for Summerslam, WWE, the last three have been way too easy.

Ballboi

Eh. 2/4 isn't too shabby but I could of called the more obvious matches I called wrong from a mile away.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Hi, I've been looking for Polish dubbed episodes of Summer Camp Island for two years now, and I have this request, do you have any recorded episodes in Polish? If so, please send them to me by email.
So I found this random image for the original Chicken Squad books, and wow. It's really good to see the show giving the titular squad more diverse designs.

I love you, Law & Order: Organized Crime. That is all.
Today marks the 20th Year Anniversary of when the Legend of Zelda's Oracle Duology was released in North America.
Happy birthday to George Lucas, the Star Wars Franchise has been one of my favorites since childhood.

Featured Posts