WOW to create new kids channel in Canada

Takao

Fight the darkness all around
From what it look like it seem that what the channel will show are stuff from Channel Frederator, Cartoon Hangover/ Select (excluding Bravest Warriors due to Nelvana) and stuff Mainframe and Rainmaker own (excluding Reboot: The Guardian Code due to YTV).
Also it was confirmed very early on that the shows would be shown on CraveTV.

The problem is that basically amounts to nothing. The only show we know Rainmaker owns outright is ReBoot. Everything else they've worked on over the years belongs to other companies. Frederator makes out just a bit better but not a tonne of it is TV ready. Bee and Puppycat, plus Go! Cartoons are likely to make an appearance, but you can't really anchor a linear lineup with a show that has 10 episodes and a shorts series. It'll be a while before Netflix's rights to Castlevania let it run on TV and the same is likely true going to be true for Costume Quest on Amazon.

Dudley

Staff member
Well clearly they’re going to develop more shows and acquire ones as well for the network before it launches.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

superkeegan9100

YTPer, Cartoon Analyst, Artist
Aaaand I'm pretty sure this deal fell through. It's been like an entire year since this was announced and they still haven't rebranded Comedy Gold. Just goes to show you that the kids channel market is already dominated by Corus and DHX Media.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Someone made an interesting comparison between Sponge Out Of Water and Avengers Endgame.

Brenda Song and Macaulay Culkin have their first baby, a son named Dakota.

The Anime Superhero Hotel Concept is now available to everyone in this forum. Check it out if you want it.
I'm currently developing a concept called "The Anime Superhero Hotel", which is a building I dreamed about in the twilight hours today.
Asa wrote on Neo Ultra Mike's profile.

Featured Posts