Would You Consider The Replacements To Be The Disney Version Of The Fairly Odd Parents?

SweetShop209

The Replacements was a Disney cartoon that ran for 2 seasons from July 28, 2006 to March 30, 2009. It's about 2 kids named Todd Daring and Riley Daring who get cellphones from Fleemco that give them the power to replace people they aren't satisfied with. Things go wrong for them though, and they end up asking for things to go back to normal. They end up adopted by Agent K (a British super spy) and Dick Daring (a stuntman).

There have been comments on the show essentially being the Disney version of The Fairly Odd Parents. On the surface, they have a similar premise on kids having access to some kind of magical object that gives them almost anything they want, and they can't tell anyone about it. Both shows have a similar set of voice actors (like Grey DeLisle Griffin, Daran Norris, and Tara Strong), with Daran Norris voicing the bumbling dad of the family. It's worth noting that Jack Thomas, the associate story editor for seasons 2-5 of Fairly Odd Parents, was the show's executive producer (though he didn't create the show). Still, I want to know what you think. Do you think The Replacements is the Disney version of the Fairly Odd Parents? Is that a good thing or a bad thing?

Red Arrow

ça va nog wel
Fairly OddParents was very cynical. Its premise: life sucks. The Replacements wasn't cynical at all, it was just boring.

Zanneck

HAIL NEO ARCADIA. NEO ARCADIA FOREVER.
Fairly OddParents was very cynical. Its premise: life sucks. The Replacements wasn't cynical at all, it was just boring.
Hell yes. This show sucked. But Fairly Oddparents ultimately sucked worse, honestly, so.....

Still, I stand proudly by what I'm saying here: Sucks to Suck (either way.), doesn't it???

AdrenalineRush1996

My answer to that question, not really as the only similarity between the two is just the premise of "kids changing something with some kind of object" (the difference being that Timmy has his fairy godparents, while Todd and Riley have their flip phones). That's like saying The Life and Times of Juniper Lee is the Cartoon Network version of American Dragon: Jake Long since the only similarity between the two is just that both titular protagonists are of Chinese descent (mixed for Jake since his dad is white) and have magic-based powers (the difference being that Jake is a teenaged male who can transform into a dragon, while Juniper is a teenage female who is a sorceress).

Last edited:

Red Arrow

ça va nog wel
My answer to that question, not really as the only similarity between the two is just the premise of "kids changing something with some kind of object" (the difference being that Timmy has his fairy godparents, while Todd and Riley have their flip phones). That's like saying The Life and Times of Juniper Lee is the Cartoon Network version of American Dragon: Jake Long since the only similarity between the two is just that both titular protagonists are of Chinese descent (mixed for Jake since his dad is white) and have magic-based powers (the difference being that Jake is a teenaged male who can transform into a dragon, while Juniper is a teenage female who is a sorceress).
And they both have a grey, old pug dog that can talk.

And they both have a grandparent of the same gender as their mentor.

And they both have to keep their life a secret.

And they both premiered in 2005.

But those are the only similarities! (Or not?)

AdrenalineRush1996

And they both have a grey, old pug dog that can talk.

And they both have a grandparent of the same gender as their mentor.

And they both have to keep their life a secret.

And they both premiered in 2005.

But those are the only similarities! (Or not?)
There are more differences between the two shows than you think:
  • Jake's love interest Rose had a double life as part of the villain organisation, while Juniper's love interest Marcus didn't.
  • Juniper had another sibling, while Jake didn't.
  • Jake's best pals are a guy and a girl (Spud and Trixie) and Juniper's best pals are two girls (Ophelia and Jody).
  • Ray Ray didn't have similar powers as Juniper, while Haley had similar powers as Jake.
  • Fu Dog speaks with an American accent, while Monroe speaks with a Scottish accent.
  • Also, Fu Dog isn't a pug like Monroe as he's actually a Chinese Shar Pei.
Honestly, I want no part on the debate between which show of 2005 in terms of an Chinese American protagonist in this thread, so moving on from it.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Maya Rudolph's cool and all, but does she have to be the mom in every animated movie?
Streaker Prower wrote on AdrenalineRush1996's profile.
The Reason Why I choose the Disney's One Saturday Morning Name instead of ABC Kids it’s because I don’t want to confused it with the other ABC Kids, The one that airs The Australian Peppa Pig
Today marks the 10th Year Anniversary of when the 3DS Remake of Ocarina of Time was released in North America. Being able to play one of my favorite video games on the go has been very nice, to say the least.
Yesterday was Charlie Gavin's last day on The Mighty Ones.

Featured Posts