Worst ghost stories you've heard

Latest News & Videos

RockItShipper

Master of Flying Guillotine
May 1, 2001
LA. it still sux here
www.geocities.com
Here's two:

About a hundred years ago, a young farmhand in love with the boss' daughter was crushed when he found out she was marrying another. So he stomped off into the woods to chop firewood and accidentally chopped himself to death. Years later, the farmland was paved over and a Toys R Us was built on that spot. Now employees report the unfortunate man's spirit haunts their store. He plays with the toys. He follows women into the bathroom.

Liberace's ghost has been seen in various parts of Las Vegas. One night, a man spent the night in Liberace's bed and felt something on the edge of the bed, as well as an indentation there with no form visible to create it. Another man was washing mirrors at the Tivoli bar frequented by the late performer, and saw the reflection of a man in a shiny cape... but when he turned his head, there was no one behind him. Still, the witness reports it felt good with Liberace's ghost lurking behind him.

Krayenhoff

Oct 16, 2002
Visit site
One time I was sitting in my living room watching TV, and I thought I saw something out of the corner of my eye, so it must have been a ghost.

That's the gist of "real" ghost stories, anyway.

JustJack

Just Odd
Jun 15, 2001
Neverwhere
www.myspace.com
Originally posted by Steven C
I heard there was a Toys R Us in San Jose, CA that was haunted.
The Toys R Us that I work at in Albuquerque NM is haunted by a ton of ghosts....supposedly. :D I seen 'em!!

The worst ghost story I was ever told went something like this..

"One time...I was at camp, and I woke up at night, and I heard some whispering and I looked over to the window, and I saw two red glowing eyes, and they blinked at me."

I swear...that was a story I was told, and the kid was being sincere...he wasn't joking around. Not to mention his significant use of 'and'.... :rolleyes:

Danielle

Apr 27, 2001
There. {points}
We could always talk about the one right behind you, RockItShipper. :p Unfortunately, I have no good ghost stories except for the ones on the Travel channel. :D Er.....should I say those? {shrugs}

Jade_GL

An Aperture Science Original
Apr 15, 2002
Maine
www.happypineapple.com
"....I am the Viper! I come to vipe and vash your vindows!"

Do you remember this? Not only was it lame, but it also made people do that stupid Dracula voice. :D

zmanjz

Retired...?
Jan 9, 2002
East Side.
Originally posted by Jade_GL
"....I am the Viper! I come to vipe and vash your vindows!"

Do you remember this? Not only was it lame, but it also made people do that stupid Dracula voice. :D
THAT WAS THE FUNNIEST GI JOE ENDING EVER!!!!!!

Jade_GL

An Aperture Science Original
Apr 15, 2002
Maine
www.happypineapple.com
Originally posted by zmanjz
THAT WAS THE FUNNIEST GI JOE ENDING EVER!!!!!!
Really? I've only heard it as a stand aone ghost story. It was in Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark, the first book.

Remember the Scary STories to Tell in the Dark books? The art was horrifying in those, but really cool. It scared the crud out of me when I was younger. I'm 19 and I still get creeped out when I think of some of those pictures. :D

Dark Vicious

The Friendly Neighborhood Jerk
Jun 21, 2002
Visit site
Originally posted by luckybob1985
Freakazoid told about Sinbad getting another TV show.
I believe it went

What if you lost something than it showed up and it was turned into WOOD

What if all the air in the world turned into WOOD'

But the scariest thing of all is if Sinbad got another sitcom!

(Children scream)

Lucky Bob

I'M BRIAN BLESSED
Feb 20, 2002
In transit
www.archradish.com
I've got the sound clip, including the kids' reaction:

"AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!"

"Yo-you don't believe in that stuff about Sinbad getting another TV show, do you?"

"Nah, the broadcasting industry has all sorts of safeguards to prevent that sort of thing."

:D :D

Behonkiss

Just put an X here and here...
Feb 19, 2002
Washington D.C.
escapistcartoons.blogspot.com
Ooooh, you had to remind me of those Scary Stories illustrations! HOW COULD THEY MARKET THOSE AS KIDS' STUFF? They still scare me today!

Well, my school sometimes makes short films to go with the TV morning announcements, and for today they made a pretty lame one. All these kids sit around a fire telling ghost stories, and one tells of the Watcher, a guy who comes and kills you in your dreams.(Where have I heard THAT before?)For some reason, that story especially creeps them out, so they all go home. That night, when the kids sleep, you keep seeing a black shadow come and stand right next to them, but they wake up and it vanishes. At the end, the kid who told the story is getting food from the fridge when the Watcher walks up behind him. He screams not-very-convincingly, "The Watcher! He IS real!" The end. Lame.

But the announcements did have one good thing that fit in well with Halloween: We always have a song playing in the background before the announcements start, and guess what it was today?

"This is Halloween,
this is Halloween,
Halloween, Halloween, Halloween, Halloween...."

Calhoun07

It's Me
May 3, 2001
KCMO
www.homemademusic.com
Just my accounts of what happened to me and my family personally when we lived in this how we felt was haunted. But I've posted the stories before, so I don't know if you all want to read them again!