Wonderful World Of Mickey Mouse (Disney+ Series)

JMTV Studios

My thoughts on these two episodes:

Brave Little Squire is the most enjoyable episode for me. I the like the animation that plays out like a storybook and the storybook itself look really beautiful. The plot itself is fine, but nothing too major. It has some moments that actually made me chuckle. It's nice to see my boy, Mickey, actually doing heroic deeds, despite Mortimer did all the credit(which comes back to bite him in the butt later).

Side note: Am I the only one who notice that green dragon almost kind of reminds me of Pete's Dragon for some reason? IDK why, but the color scheme look very similar. Although, I could be wrong.

Other than that, it's a cute episode. It really did put a smile on my face and it really does fit for Classic Mickey.

8 out of 10 stars. Very enjoyable.

Ordinary Date on the hand, it's........meh.. I don't know, I find the episode to be kinda disappointing.

I mean, I can see where the episode was going for, but I don't know, something about this episode just felt way too in-your-face and very predictable for my liking. Which sucks because Mickey and Minnie are my all time favorite animated couples, next to Ruby and Sapphire from Steven Universe. You'd think this simple plot of an episode like Mickey and Minnie going out on a dinner date could've been a really adorable episode. Unfortunately, it fells apart.

Not to mention, this whole plan of Mickey and Minnie in the episode didn't really go anywhere, the whole "being nervous about their date" was kinda unrealistic, the jokes are not funny, and the whole the payoff just let me feel unsatisfied.

However, I'll give this episode credit for two reasons:

1. The joke about the billboard that Goofy crashed into did get a laugh out of me.

2. I do like the whole message about "it's not about giving each other big gifts, all we need is each other". I do like that message. That's realistic....on it's own merits. But in terms of the execution of the entire episode, the end results was kinda let me very hollow. I didn't feel any kinda emotional on what the episode was trying to go for. Now don't get it twisted, I'm not saying that I want this episode to pack any emotional punch as say, Steven Universe. I'm just saying that I want this episode to feel earned that I can actually feel for the characters, but no it didn't.

Overall, this episode was very weak. Not as cringe worthy as School of Fish, but I'm not too crazy about it either and I felt it could've done better.

I'll this a 6.5 out of 10 stars. It's a easily forgettable episode.

Come on guys. Your better than that...

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
The Wonderful World Of Mickey Mouse "The Brave Little Squire"

I love me some super happy endings.

Good use of Mortimer.

I liked Joanna Lumley as the Narrator.

Mad Madame Mim cameo.

I like the end credits music.

Fun! ****1/2.

The Wonderful World Of Mickey Mouse "An Ordinary Date"

Not feeling it.

If the Cockney birds can talk, why are they being treated like pets? The waiter being a bird didn't help my confusion.

I could have lived without seeing Clarabelle smack Daisy with one of her udders.

I liked Goofy forgetting his line and that he's not actually supposed to know what Daisy said.

The animation as the fireworks went off while Mickey and Minnie were rushing to escape the restaurant WAS pretty great.

Didn't love it. **1/2.

TsWade2

Supermarket Scramble

I like this short. So much fun and I'm very honored. Because I work as a Courtesy Clerk at the Grocery Store. Mickey and his friends went to the supermarket to buy stuff for the barbecue. MIckey is so funny acting like a courtesy clerk and mistakenly hired as a store manager. LOL! For the moment there, Minnie's cuteness starts to turn into a monster kind've thing for getting the meats. I get grade B part. Donald was so funny trying to open those annoying produce bags. I don't blame him. I have a hard time with them too. Goofy is so funny trying to get those lobsters. And did I just see Flounder from TLM in the seafood aisle? And finally, Daisy trying to keep on the car, but she's doing it illegally. Now, the people are going crazy like an angry mob. YIKES! Anyway, I like this short. And I'm deeply honored.

Next!

Just The Four of Us

That was creepy, but fun short. And despite this short starring Mickey Mouse, this short is mostly about Donald Duck and Daisy Duck. They're exhausted from having a double date with Mickey and Minnie with extreme stunts. Then Donald lied to Mickey and Minnie that he and Daisy that they're sick and that makes it worse. Mickey and Minnie came to Donald or Daisy's house to take care of them and that's scares Donald and Daisy. Surprise to see Goofy in this. Minnie is so cute playing with stuff animals. In the end Donald and Daisy end up in the hospital to try to relax until Mickey and Minnie came in to join them, much to Donald and Daisy's dismay. This a funny short. Creepy, but fun.

Here's good news and bad news. The bad news is that's the last of these shorts for right now. But, the good news is, they'll be more shorts in Summer 2021. SO, if I can make a guess, I predict they'll come in mid July, but I can't guarantee it'll happen, but we'll see. But there be more shorts coming soon, so don't worry.

Last edited:

JMTV Studios

Here's my thoughts on the last two episodes and looking back at Wonderful World series so far.

Supermarket Scramble

I thought it was a fine episode. It was okay. Defiantly the better episodes of the two because I thought it was relatable. There are some moments that does get a chuckle out of me. I do like the one where Donald trying to open up the plastic fruit bags. That was clever and appropriate. I do like how Mickey is being helpful to customers. Perfectly in-character. Finally, in the beginning the episode, Mickey and friends were disappointed that the parking lot was packed. That is perfect and it did get a laugh out of me because finding a parking space in any store is like the real life equivalent of finding a needle in a haystack. It's such a pain in the neck.

Overall, it's a decent episode. Nothing too spectacular, but I did find it relatable in some ways.

I'll give it a 7 out of 10 stars. It's okay.

Just the Four of Us

While it's not as bad as Ordinary Date, but it did kind of suffered the same problems as Ordinary Date.

I get what the episode is trying go for, but it come across as trying way too hard of having this creepy atmosphere, and it doesn't work for me. It comes off as extremely forced and tiring.

Mickey and Minnie being creepy stalkers to Daisy and Donald is a bit out of character.

The jokes didn't really stick with me.

Also, having that "twist ending" of Mickey and Minnie also being sick just left me very confused. I thought it would've worked better if Mickey and Minnie actually do taking care of Donald and Daisy and Donald apologize to them for made up a lie and he just want to get together with Daisy alone, and Mickey and Minnie understands them. That would've been much better and it could save the episode for me. But no, I guess not.

Overall, this episode is not that much different than last week's episode. It's Ordinary Date 2.0. A very weak episode that tried to give us a cute little premise about a double dinner date plot but ended up getting another. What a letdown.

6 out of 10 stars. Very mediocre and forgettable.

So with all that said, watching all 10 episodes of Wonderful World of Mickey Mouse, is it better than the 2013 shorts?

Well,.......sort of. But not by much. But then again, it's too early to tell since we are getting more episodes next year. I'll still check out more episodes to give my final opinion about it, but for what I've seen so far, it's better than the 2013 shorts but that's not saying much. I mean, the first episode did start out really strong, but everything else was just a hell of a roller-coaster ride, and not in a good way. There were some good episodes, meh episodes, and downright crap episodes, but hey that's the nature of every show and I can respect that, really.

One thing I really hope for the upcoming episodes is that they need some stronger writing in order to make the episodes better because rely on wacky and random humor for a Mickey Mouse cartoon gets annoying and tiring after a while. Hell, even the Mickey Mouse preschool cartoons knows that. I seen that kind of cartoons that had wacky and silly humor before and they did it better like Looney Tunes Cartoons and Animaniacs 2020, but this one felt like a paler version of those two.

All I want for a modern Mickey Mouse cartoon is to have heart, soul, beauty, made with love, made with care, and actually do have effort put into it, but also pays respect to the original source material, not a bunch of random gags that annoyed the hell out of me every 5 seconds. Don't get me wrong, a humor based Mickey show can work and I would've been fine with that, but not to point where the random obnoxious humor and over the top facial features can carry the entire show. It has to be more than that, y'know? But then again, that's just me.

Now, that's not to say that Wonderful World is a complete disappointment. I do enjoy it for what it is and it's miles better than the 2013 shorts, but all I want for this show is to have better writing because for what I've seen for the first ten episodes, I've expected better.

Last edited:

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
The Wonderful World Of Mickey Mouse "Supermarket Scramble"

I don't mean to be THAT guy about the Mickey Mouse cartoon I just saw but... None of that made any sense. I spent 9 minutes later feeling utterly confused. **.

The Wonderful World Of Mickey Mouse "Just The Four Of Us"

This suggests something that should be true: Mickey and Minnie Mouse are absolute nightmares to be friends with. I especially like that this show is using Donald and Daisy as the couple to show normalcy and being well-adjusted. I like that very much.

The ending was a bit of a bummer though. ***.

TsWade2

As much as I don’t necessarily watch the Emmy Awards, but since the Mickey Mouse 2013 shorts is an Emmy Award winning series and Forky Asks A Question: What Is Love is the first Disney+ short That won an Emmy, I‘m wondering if one of the shorts Of TWWOMM will be nominated an Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Short Form Animated Program. I pick five possible choices:

Cheese Wranglers
House of Tomorrow
Keep On Rollin’
The Brave Little Squire
or Supermarket Scramble

We’ll see what happens next year.

TsWade2

I hope they give Horace Horsecollar a speaking role in the next ten episodes.:confused:

TsWade2

We're getting close for summer, and we haven't heard any more about ten more shorts for TWWOMM coming this summer. It wasn't announce that it'll come in June or July. I was hoping it'll come to July, but according to the upcoming list for Disney+, it's not on the list. I hope it's not cancelled. :crying:

SweetShop209

I'm pretty sure it's still coming, but we just don't know. Maybe the pandemic might have delayed a possible June release.

TsWade2

Extra! Extra! Read all about it! Ten more shorts of The Wonderful World of Mickey Mouse comes next month on July 30th. Here’s my reaction:

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

So, there is going to be a movie about Karens....
I don't understand this site's obsession with "eras" for cartoon channels. I barely remember yesterday, and my life is a giant blur. How am I supposed to remember the intricacies of various specific television schedules over the years, much less how I felt about them at the time? You guys are totally weird.
Hi all, guess who's back?!
Guys, I have an announcement.

Today, I with my mom are heading to Turkey! Its been 3 years ever since my last vacation, so I'm really glad that my dad saved money for this.

I'm not sure for how it will be, but I'm telling you, it will be sweet :)

We will start with the taxi at 09:30-10:00PM, then bus and the plane. Tomorrow morning we will be in the new hotel!

Hopefully that stupid virus wont be an issue.
Here's what I'm wondering: why is that most, if not all Cartoon Network shows in the 2010's had only 11 minute episodes instead of a half hour or 2 11 minutes episodes like they used to?

Not complaining. Just curious.

Featured Posts