"Wonder Woman" Week - What stories do you want to see adapted into an animated movie/series?

James Harvey

The World's Finest
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
The big screen live-action Wonder Woman movie hits theatres this Friday, June 2, so there's no better time to discuss the Amazon's amazing adventures in animation! Every day a new animation-themed topic will be posted focused on the beloved heroine, so check back and share your thoughts! And now, as we hit "Wonder Woman Wednesday," a relatively easy question ...

wonderwomanlaimsharp.jpg

What Wonder Woman storylines and/or comics would you like to see adapted into an animated movie or animated series? An arc from George Perez's run? Wonder Woman's "The New 52" arc? Perhaps the current "Rebirth" era? Sound off with your thoughts!

Discuss away!

Related Threads:
-"Wonder Woman" Week - Favorite Wonder Woman designs, voice actors from the DCUAOM animated movies?
-"Wonder Woman" Week - Favorite Wonder Woman moments in "Justice League"/"Justice League Unlimited"?

beyond94

I love to see James Tucker Jay Olivia voice director Wes Gleason and designer Phil Bourassa do a Justice League Wonder Woman centered story based on War Of the Gods titled "Justice League War Of The Gods with the same voice cast like Jason O'Mara as Batman however I feel that Superman's voice should be recast. I just can't get into Jerry O'Connell's voice. I love if they could get cast actress Katie McGrath from Supergirl to voice Circe and Nathan Fillion's return as Green Lantern. It would be such an awesome animated film with Diana and Circe going at it and so different from the JL Unlimited version of the singing character

BreakAbone

I was going to say the Legend of Wonder Woman, but actually okay with not doing a 3rd origin now.

I think it would be fun to do The Truth. Also Amazons Attack could work for an animated special.

But I do want an animated series, and think could pull from all manner of her history.

But more than anything I want Warner/DC to embrace her mythological half. Have her fight unique creatures and gods and goddesses. Meet up with Hercules

Frontier

Staff member
I think The Legend of Wonder Woman or Greg Rucka's recent "Year One" storyline would lend themselves well to an animated adaption, and I think it would be particularly cool to see how they would adapt the art of Renae De Liz and Nicola Scott :anime:.

Of course, they're both different takes on Diana's origin, so I could understand not wanting to continually retread that aspect of Wonder Woman, but all the same they're still both strong Wonder Woman stories in their own right ;).

BigFatHairyDeal

Defender of the Universe

LOL, that might be the most reviled WW story in comics history.

Let's see. I liked Azzarello's run, so an animated take on that could be good. It's too bad that with what's shaping in DC right now that that has been wiped out. Just as an aside, I think some of the DC books are such a mess right now I hope nothing released in the last 12 months or so is being considered for adaptation. Let's let the dust settle first and get some momentum going first.

Maybe five years ago I would've said something like "A League of One." The only reason I'd not want it at this point is because there are too many hero vs. hero stories out these days, and that aspect of the story is too hard to ignore. From a JL POV, though, it's one of the few WW tales that got its own promotion.

I was a big fan of the Perez run, and that's pretty much what got me reading WW stories. Do I want to see yet another origin story, though? Maybe not. Then again, Perez ran for about five years, so they could take aspects of it.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Remember back when people were saying that "Streaming is the (bright) future"?
"I can't wait to eat this baby" - Paramount, presumably looking for tax write-offs
Happy Baseball Opening Day
"I'm probably going to watch Nymphomaniac Part II on Disney+ this weekend" isn't something I didn't think I'd ever say, but here we are.

Featured Posts