"Wonder Woman: Bloodlines" Animated Feature Pre-Release News & Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frontier

Staff member
Pretty Sure Wonder Woman 1984 and Gal Gadot's 2017 film is the reason they're giving another animated DTV a "shot". Since yeah DC's been pretty flimsy on really doing any non Batman/Justice League DTVs since the two for Green Lantern (to promote that movie) and when they usually do one it's either in relation to another project the studio is pushing (Suciide Squad got one due to the success of it's 2016 movie) or it's relation to another fixture (Teen Titans got DTVs only because Damian Wayne was put into the Titans group) so seems like a case of the former here. Which is fine as it allows for variety while at the same time making the executives behind these features comfrotable enough to put the money needed into the project.
I recall James Tucker saying a while back that WB was pushing for them to do a Wonder Woman movie after the first movie had released, so it looks like that's finally born fruition :).

I don't think Damian being on the Titans is what guaranteed a Titans movie. I think they used Damian as a vehicle for introducing their version of the Titans and then decided to do an original movie with them after JLvsTT :cool:.

-batmat-

I recall James Tucker saying a while back that WB was pushing for them to do a Wonder Woman movie after the first movie had released, so it looks like that's finally born fruition :).
Hard to believe it's not the other way around. I would have thought WB would push them into doing only Batman and JL most of the time.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Hard to believe it's not the other way around. I would have thought WB would push them into doing only Batman and JL most of the time.
It seems more like both Batman v Superman and Wonder Woman had an influence on Bloodlines getting approved. The live action Wonder Woman movie came along much later than when a decision for a new Wonder Woman animated DTV was struck for it to release in 2019. But another Wonder Woman animated DTV has been talked about in memos going back to Spring 2015 maybe even earlier. I'm sure between 2009 and 2015, it had to have come up or someone visited WBA with a pitch.

July 2013: Batman v Superman announced.

December 4, 3013: Gal Gadot signs 3 movie deal.

April 9, 2015: Wonder Con - James Tucker talks about sales numbers citing the first Wonder Woman animated movie as an example. It didn't do well by Sales numbers but he has read internal memos that it's something they want to fix. Live action movies will also come into play.

April 15, 2015: Patty Jenkins announced as director of Wonder Woman.

April 16, 2015: Batman v Superman teaser leaked online.

July 2015: Batman v Superman's first trailer shown.

November 5, 2015: James Tucker confirms there are plans for solo movies for characters other than Batman.

January 22, 2016: Jay Oliva cites Batman v. Superman increased interest in Batman, Superman, and Wonder Woman and might lead to a solo Wonder Woman movie.

January 29, 2016: James Tucker reveals material has been planned up to 2019.

March 25, 2016: Batman v Superman comes out in theaters.

October 8, 2016: James Tucker confirmed there were discussions with Warner Home Video and a solo Wonder Woman movie is on their radar in some form or fashion.

beyond94

I hope that the powers that be in WB Animation and when they do the upcoming animated movie #WonderWomanBloodlines I really hope that her main nemesis #Cheetah could possibly have a huge part in the story as the films antagonist depending on the original story their want to give to us. We seen this version of Cheetah in #JusticeLeagueVsTeenTitans without dialogue and seen her as a hologram in #TheDeathOfSuperman. I truly feel that the producers and story runner use her in a major way since we have to wait for 2020 to see her in the live action film performed by Kristen Wiig. It would be interesting if voice director Wes Gleason were to cast singer/actress #AJMichalka for the role of Cheetah since she did a totally awesome job voicing Catra in Dreamworks version of the 80's Filmatiion cartoon SheRa. She would be a perfect foil for Rosario Dawson's Wonder Woman. They would have an interesting dynamic voice acting wise and I think that AJ would give very interesting dimensions to Cheetah

Attachments

• AJ-Michalka.jpg
    AJ-Michalka.jpg
    213.3 KB · Views: 294
  • Cheetah_JLvsTT_1.png
    Cheetah_JLvsTT_1.png
    217.4 KB · Views: 332

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
We don't even know if Ares will be in the movie to begin with. If he is and Christopher Judge hasn't recorded for the role yet, I presume it would be too late (my guess is the movie is already in post-production or whatever its called).

beyond94

I really hope that the movie will be set in the New 52 shared animated franchise and will lead into Justice League Darkseid War next year. I think Grail should be introduced as the movie's villain and her arc continues to Darkseid War. The Bloodline between the Amazons and Apokolips would fit the story very well. I really hope that Cheetah plays a part in the movie and that she has a voice in the movie having non speaking roles in previous films. I think actress Juliana Harkavy from #Arrow cast as Grail's voice would be a perfect choice. Her voice I think has the gravitas for the character and she and Rosario Dawson would have great adversarial chemistry. Juliana and Tony Todd's Darkseid would be perfect fit casting for a twisted father and daughter chemistry. I hope this is the scenario when Bloodlines comes later this year

Last edited:

Blue Sword

I read on another forum that this is supposed to be an original story and not an adaptation of any WW story. Anyone know if this is the case?

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
I read on another forum that this is supposed to be an original story and not an adaptation of any WW story. Anyone know if this is the case?
We literally know next to nothing about this movie other than "Wonder Woman will take center stage in an original animated movie called Wonder Woman: Bloodlines. Not much is known about this mysterious—but very exciting—bonus movie, but expect to learn more next year." So 'original story' may have been interpreted from that line.

Frontier

Staff member
I don't think there is any Wonder Woman story called "Bloodlines," but the title probably refers to Diana's New 52 Demi-God status, so there's an assumption they might take some influence from the Brian Azzarello Wonder Woman run, at least in some respects.

EDIT 2/14: Rumored main voice cast for Bloodlines:

• Rosario Dawson (Wonder Woman in both the Death of Superman and Reign of The Superman)
  • Nia Vardolos (My Big Fat Greek Wedding)
  • Adrienne C. Moore (Orange is The New Black)
  • Constance Zimmer (House of Cards, Bojack Horseman)
  • Courtenay Taylor (Skylanders Academy)
  • Cree Summer (Guardians of The Galaxy TV series)
  • Kimberley Brooks (Bumblebee, DC Super Hero Girls)
  • Marie Avgeropolous (The 100)
  • Michael Dorn (Atrocitous, Justice League Action, and voice of Prometheus in Arrow)
  • Mozhan Marno (The Black List, House of Cards)
  • Ray Chase (Voltron)

Last edited:

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
Interesting list. If it's in continuity I think Rosario Dawson was pretty much confirmed. We'll have to wait and see about the rest, I guess.

Revenge of the Fans also reports a code-name for the movie, "Swan Song", hinting the character of Silver Swan might appear. I didn't realize these DTV movies had code-names or working titles, so I'm not sure how accurate it is, but it could be pretty interesting if true.

Frontier

Staff member
I'm kind of surprised George Newbern isn't listed in the cast. Either they're re-casting him as Steve Trevor or Steve's not in it :confused:.

Just some cast speculation...I'm guessing most of the women in the cast are voicing Amazons or female gods, maybe even a few of Wonder Woman's supporting cast:

Nia Vardolos - Hippolyta?

Adrienne C. Moore - Etta Candy?

Constance Zimmer - Artemis? Cheetah?

Cree Summer - Philippus?

Michael Dorn - Zeus? Ares?

I wonder if Ray Chase is reprising Etrigan or playing one of the Greek Gods...

beyond94

I'm kind of surprised George Newbern isn't listed in the cast. Either they're re-casting him as Steve Trevor or Steve's not in it :confused:.

Just some cast speculation...I'm guessing most of the women in the cast are voicing Amazons or female gods, maybe even a few of Wonder Woman's supporting cast:

Nia Vardolos - Hippolyta?

Adrienne C. Moore - Etta Candy?

Constance Zimmer - Artemis? Cheetah?

Cree Summer - Philippus?

Michael Dorn - Zeus? Ares?

I wonder if Ray Chase is reprising Etrigan or playing one of the Greek Gods...
I think that George Newbern will return to voice Steve Trevor albeit a small appearance. However #RevengeofTheFans posted that Silver Swan was mentioned. So I would guess that she would be the movie's lead villain and Constance Zimmer would voice her. This would the first time the character has been animated in DC animation if this were to happen

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
I think that George Newbern will return to voice Steve Trevor albeit a small appearance. However #RevengeofTheFans posted that Silver Swan was mentioned. So I would guess that she would be the movie's lead villain and Constance Zimmer would voice her. This would the first time the character has been animated in DC animation if this were to happen
No, she's not mentioned directly. That site speculated Silver Swan because the movie's so-called code name is "Swan Song."

beyond94

If the movie going to have Ares as the villain again the film will be boring. We need to see a female lead advisory for Diana to fight in the film. The only lead we seen was Talia Al Ghul in Batman Bad Blood

Frontier

Staff member
If the movie going to have Ares as the villain again the film will be boring. We need to see a female lead advisory for Diana to fight in the film. The only lead we seen was Talia Al Ghul in Batman Bad Blood
Considering all the women in the voice cast, I think it's pretty likely at least one of them will be playing a major female villain ;).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Remember back when people were saying that "Streaming is the (bright) future"?
"I can't wait to eat this baby" - Paramount, presumably looking for tax write-offs
Happy Baseball Opening Day
"I'm probably going to watch Nymphomaniac Part II on Disney+ this weekend" isn't something I didn't think I'd ever say, but here we are.

Featured Posts