"Wonder Woman: Bloodlines" Animated Feature Pre-Release News & Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
A "Wonder Woman: Bloodlines" animated movie was announced for 2019 at the San Diego Comic-Con.
But wait, there’s more…
Yes, typically WBHE releases three DC Universe Movies each year, but 2019 is special and we’re getting a fourth. For the first time since her fan-favorite 2009 animated movie, Wonder Woman will take center stage in an original animated movie called Wonder Woman: Bloodlines. Not much is known about this mysterious—but very exciting—bonus movie, but expect to learn more next year.
Source: DC Comics Blog

Stay tuned for further updates!
Comments?

Frontier

Staff member
Wow, this was probably the biggest surprise of the announcements :eek:.

I've been hoping for a new Wonder Woman animated movie for a while now, so it's nice to finally see DC delivering on that front :).

Setting aside whether it will be Elseworlds or in-continuity, the title makes it sound like the movie will be an original story, so that should be interesting to see unfold ;).

Just from the title alone I'm guessing the movie will follow Diana as she explores her own bloodline of the Greek Gods or something to that effect :cool:?

I'm hoping we also get appearances from Wonder Woman's supporting cast and Rogues Gallery in this movie :D.

Dreyfus

Alright. I've been wanting a second Wonder Woman movie since the excellent 2009 one, which I hope this is a continuation of, or at least takes some cues from. I wonder if Keri Russell will return.

EmaHalJordan

Great news! Wonder Woman deserved another movie. Hopefully this is a new beginning and next year we can watch new movies of Green Lantern Flash Aquaman Shazam!
WE ALL HAVE TO BUY THIS MOVIE !!!

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
There's also Halsey from Teen Titans Go to the Movies. It would be nice if they were to include actors from TV shows as well (like Rachel Kimsey).

But somehow I doubt they would get even half of these names for the movie. :p

BigFatHairyDeal

Defender of the Universe
Can't help but think of Castlevania when I read this title.

The past few years of WW comics have been so heavily centered on WW's family, a movie about her relatives seems to make a lot of sense. A lot of recent source material from which to pull. I was pretty fond of the Azarello run, but I'm guessing it's not going to be about First Born and such. But if they do pull from Azarello, please, PRETTY PLEASE, give us that Ares.

Frontier

Staff member
Can't help but think of Castlevania when I read this title.

The past few years of WW comics have been so heavily centered on WW's family, a movie about her relatives seems to make a lot of sense. A lot of recent source material from which to pull. I was pretty fond of the Azarello run, but I'm guessing it's not going to be about First Born and such. But if they do pull from Azarello, please, PRETTY PLEASE, give us that Ares.
If "Bloodlines" refers to Diana's own (presuming they go with the whole "daughter of Zeus" angel), then I expect it will probably involve Wonder Woman's relationship to the Olympians to some degree.

I just hope we also get a good deal of focus on the Amazons and Wonder Woman's non-God related characters...

Frontier

Staff member
Assuming this is in-continuity, and he's even in the movie, I'm curious if they'll keep Steve's VA as George Newbern or recast him like they did Lois...

Bestmand902

Really hope they actually give The Cheetah something to do, the only other movie where she's actually DONE something that I can think of is Justice League: Doom and that's a damn shame.

Neo Ultra Mike

Creeping Shadow of "15000"+ Posts
A very pleasant surprise and just in time for WW1984. It's about time they gave Wonder Woman another shot.

Pretty Sure Wonder Woman 1984 and Gal Gadot's 2017 film is the reason they're giving another animated DTV a "shot". Since yeah DC's been pretty flimsy on really doing any non Batman/Justice League DTVs since the two for Green Lantern (to promote that movie) and when they usually do one it's either in relation to another project the studio is pushing (Suciide Squad got one due to the success of it's 2016 movie) or it's relation to another fixture (Teen Titans got DTVs only because Damian Wayne was put into the Titans group) so seems like a case of the former here. Which is fine as it allows for variety while at the same time making the executives behind these features comfrotable enough to put the money needed into the project.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Imagine a broadcast TV network giving someone who worked at the Golden Age of Cartoon Network the opportunity to worked on a show, and doing 8 interviews, only to completely ghosted him for weeks for absolutely no reason.

Try to wrap your head around on that one, folks.

Seriously. Explain that to me, Memorable Entertainment Television? :/
Didn't notice that the site was back...

I'll start off by saying X-Men 97 has been a blast to watch. As someone who grew up exposed to the films and cameos on other shows, it was definitely a different treat seeing how both iterations of the franchise handle the characters and their world.
Professor X's speech in today's episode was powerful ... nuff said.
I've ground my wisdom tooth down overtime so that I can clench my jaw properly again. It's equal parts good and bad news.
Daffy Duck turns 87 today. Happy birthday to my favorite Looney Tune!

Featured Posts