"Wonder Woman 1984" Feature Film Pre-Release Discussion (Spoilers)

Latest News & Videos

Frontier

Staff member
May 28, 2010
Temecula California
At least Sharon Carter was a thing in the comics and also the romance in Captain America was honestly kind of minimal. Even compared to say the Iron Man or Thor movies. As yeah it was important but it wasn't as strong or as integral to the story as Diana and Steve Trevor was. Plus yeah while Batman and even Superman have had more of a trail of crushes, Wondy really hasn't. Thus why Steve Trevor constantly just gets rebooted in the comics to be around when Diana's around in the current time frame. And any other major pairings people know involving Diana are with relatively known characters like the afformented Bruce Wayne and Clark Kent. So I can see wanting him around. Again though I hope that since Jenkins was annoyed by Diana's depiction of not being over Steve Trevor in Wonder Woman there's a reason why he's brought up again like... nearly seventy years later for her.
I would say the romance in Captain America was minimal compared to the first movie, with Haley Atwell's Peggy Carter, which I think effected how it was implemented (or lack there of) in future movies.

Wonder Woman has had other love interests, albeit not in as significant a capacity as, say, Catwoman and Lois Lane are for Batman and Supreman. It's only really been recently that they've started to re-emphaize Steve as Diana's main love interest.

Reactions: Yojimbo

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Jul 13, 2003
Shahdaroba
www.dcauresource.com
1/26: Jenkins hints there will be something like the No Man's Land scene in the first.

3/14: Roven on why it's not a sequel. Another source indicates the franchise is "a stand-alone film in the same way that Indiana Jones or Bond films are, instead of one continuous story that requires many installments."

Last edited:

Magmaster12

Master of MAGnets
Staff member
Reporter
Dec 31, 2013
Sure why not, Zach Snyder ruins everything so now nothing can be connected.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Something I had from McDonald's Chocolate Chip Mocca Frappe is.... plastic.
Captain Underpants season 3 July 19
Happy 41st birthday, Garfield!
So there's a reboot of this old French series called Oum the White Dolphin. Found it while channel surfing and initially thought it was CGI, but no!
Why are the forums all squished down to the left?