Will The Loud House eventually get screwed over?

Lord Hater

Retired
I know that The Loud House is one of the most popular cartoons on Nickelodeon in many years, but do y'all think that it will get screwed over?

Knowing Nick's bad management, they will find a way to mess it up. This has happened recently with Sanjay and Craig and Breadwinners, (among others) which were both doing well with kids for some time but eventually ended up like most Nicktoons.

What do you think?

ToonJay723

Staff member
As long as the ratings are on par with SpongeBob, then no. Sanjay & Craig and Breadwinners were never on par with SpongeBob.

Rabbitearsblog

I think it all depends on whether or not the Loud House still meets Nickelodeon's 2 million views expectations in the future like Spongebob has been doing. If the Loud House makes really good ratings in the near future, then Nickelodeon will treat it well, but if its ratings start to drop later on, then Nickelodeon will move it to Nicktoons or not give it any promotions in the commercials.

Zanneck

HAIL NEO ARCADIA!
Nick won't screw this show over like Harvey Beaks was for me if the ratings stay good and high. It's the writing quality of the overall show I'm worried about getting screwed over, due to how its former leadership screwed itself over, more than anything.

ShadowBeast

It eventually happened to The Fairly OddParents, so it could happen to The Loud House as well, but only if it stops being a big hit (that's how it was with FOP).
That was more of Hartman screwing the show over, than Nickelodeon though. The Loud House could still suffer the same fate if Nickelodeon does keep the show going too long where the quality drops to the point where it finally ends the series on Nicktoons (though FOP's cancellation isn't yet confirmed), or go the Spongebob route where it will still keep going despite quality losses. Either way screws over The Loud House.

Not sure. Breadwinners, The Fairly OddParents, Harvey Beaks, Bunsen is a Beast, Kung Fu Panda: Legends of Awesomeness, The Penguins of Madagascar, The Legend of Korra, and Robot and Monster all performed well, getting over a million views for each (or most) episode(s). Barnyard, Mighty B!, and Fanboy and Chum Chum also probably performed well too, yet all these shows got screwed over. The same seems to be happening to Welcome to the Wayne, which is performing well, getting over a million views for each new episode, yet Nickelodeon is screwing it over. They aren't even airing it currently. Thankfully, they haven't screwed over SpongeBob. That would be an awful thing to do buisiness wise, since SpongeBob is still a huge pop culture phenomenon and is Nickelodeon's flagship (Even getting a Broadway Show). And I am glad they haven't done the same to The Loud House, which is getting over a million (sometimes even over 2 million) for its episodes.

By the way, how is the Nickelodeon App doing with children? I would really like to know

Nexonius

Ten, count em', ten years!
I feel with the success of the show will keep it from getting shafted, regardless of what happened back in October.

90'sKid

That was more of Hartman screwing the show over, than Nickelodeon though. The Loud House could still suffer the same fate if Nickelodeon does keep the show going too long where the quality drops to the point where it finally ends the series on Nicktoons (though FOP's cancellation isn't yet confirmed), or go the Spongebob route where it will still keep going despite quality losses. Either way screws over The Loud House.

The way I see it, TLH could go,one of three ways: Going on long past seasonal rot (the SB/FoP way), being canned halfway through season 3 (the Harvey Beaks/WTTW way) or it could finish up season 3 on a high note.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

AnotherRandomGuy

The cat came back, he just couldn't stay away
Nope.

For better or worse, The Loud House is Nick's pride and joy second only to Spongebob. Something that hasn't been true for a Nicktoon in decades, and that doesn't seem to dropping anytime soon. Keep in mind The Loud House has a theatrical movie in the works and there's no way Nick is going to let that go to waste.

Dudley

Staff member
Nick won't screw this show over like Harvey Beaks was for me if the ratings stay good and high. It's the writing quality of the overall show I'm worried about getting screwed over, due to how its former leadership screwed itself over, more than anything.

This.

If the show’s quality changes due to Savino’s absence for the worse, fans might not enjoy the show anymore. Ratings will go down, and then the show will get cancelled.
Nick’s not going to “screw” this show. Unlike previous shows that have been, TLH is a genuine hit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MegasMilo379

Poppin.
No.

The show's still doing great (still Nick's #2 cartoon after SpongeBob) and a movie adaptation is coming in ~2 years. Only either a drop in writing/character quality or a quick bad decision from corporate can end badly for it at this point--neither of which I can see happening.

jaylop97

Staff member
I believe Nick will be willing to let this show run its course. After The Fairly Oddparents and TMNT those are good indicators that Nick will likely give the show staff of TLH a decision on whether or not to go on for many seasons especially if it dips in ratings, because this show is required to make roughly 26 episodes which have either 2 episodes or 1 episode filled in its pair. Unless if they decide to reduce episodes a Season then it would be too much to risk that one season starts strong and somewhere in the middle it starts to see lower numbers and have it shipped to Nicktoons with another Season on the way with a same amount of episodes that the last few seasons had.

I am a big fan of TLH and do believe that the show will do as good as possible but It wouldn't surprise me if numbers take a dip, if that happens then there is nothing that can really save it from reaching Nicktoons if the numbers fall, not even its reputation, it is solely the number, if not that likely the decision on the people who produce the show.

No it's getting a theatrical movie so I didn't think that will happen so The show is far away from dangers....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Fone Bone

Hindsight 2020!
The only person who screwed the show over is Chris Savino. If Nick decides to drop a monster hit like this, or if the writing declines, that is entirely on him and his disgusting actions. Nickelodeon had nothing to do with that.

Spotlight

Sponsored Ads

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Ready for Halloween!
We have Kim Possible and Flame Princess making bacon pancakes (I assume this was filmed long before quarantine).

Who wants to bet when Oaxis launches, it'll just be the Noog Network with family-friendly public domain content added in?
CNC
How come every time I try to associate with a social media account on my profile, I'm getting an error message?

To everyone reading this: You're one in a million. In other words, you're special.