Will shows like Robotomy, Mighty Magiswords, and Bunnicula get bigger fanbases in the future?

KeldeoKitty

Slacker Musketeer
These shows were pretty great and had potential but were treated badly and did not gain a lot of fans. Shows like Mike, Lu, & Og, Hi Hi Puffy AmiYumi, and Juniper Lee were not popular at first but since then have gained more fans. Robotomy in particular only lasted 10 episodes but I thought it was just as good as Adventure Time and Regular Show and yet it has virtually no fanbase and I've not seen much fanart of it. Also Bunnicula gets little attention even though Maxwell Atoms who made Billy & Mandy has written a lot of the series. Will these shows get bigger fanbases in the future?

Red Arrow

ça va nog wel
Those who grew up with Robotomy are adults now. That fanbase won't grow, it will only shrink.

I am pretty sure Hi Hi Puffy AmiYumi's fanbase used to be bigger. You don't hear anything about Puffy these days. Or maybe that's just me.

5YearsOnEastCoast

I didn't really saw a lot of Mike, Lu and Og praise now, especially compared to most of other Cartoons Cartoons, while I do hear some praise for HiHi Puffy AmiYumi and Juniper Lee, they are hardly the most brought up of CN shows.

I highly doubt that Robotomy will be praised, because it is arguably the most forgotten CN cartoon, even more so than Robot Jones. Mighty Magiswords probably would, but I doubt it will be brought up as much compared to a lot of other early to mid 2010s CN shows. Same deal with Bunnicula.

Sent from my Mi A2 using Tapatalk

Dr.Pepper

I seem to remember Puffy Ami Yumi being modestly popular when it was around. I know it had a float in the Macy’s thanksgiving day parade.

To answer your question, I don’t really see any of these shows gaining fans. They were all pretty mediocre and swept under the rug. I don’t really see a lot of people seeking them out.

90'sKid

At ten episodes long over almost exactly three months, Robotomy was more or less "blink and you miss it".

It’s a lot like The X’s, almost completely wiped off the face of the earth. Aside from cartoon forums, I have never heard anyone talk about Robotomy.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Zanneck

HAIL NEO ARCADIA. NEO ARCADIA FOREVER.
OP, If I can think of something that's actually been brutally ignored for unfair reasons - more honestly and importantly, something I've actually grown to love that wasn't on this channel (thank God, they would have ruined it, anyway.), it's Home: Adventures with Tip & Oh. A show which not only looks cute, but is actually written and executed far better in its core themes of friendship & family than that terrible film this series is sadly based on for reasons, making it a hidden/overlooked gem of a show for me, personally - now there's something that's forgotten that I now have grown to feel sorry for, too. Despite how it looks to some - which is why people ditched it unfairly (FACT.), I actually love this show.

BACK ON SUBJECT, however - none of these shows had that oomph that Adventure Time / Regular Show / Gumball, amongst others for me had, in comparison, honestly. Especially not Robotomy (IMHO).

As much as I did give Bunnicula and Mighty Magiswords a fair shake and liked most of what I saw in these 2 examples, they're not that great as they should have been / loaded with problems with writing quality and repetition of plot - based issues/ mostly unlikable characters that are focused on more than they deserve or should be, hence why it's easy (at least for me) to leave them in the dust, unfortunately enough. It doesn't help for me that these specific issues I had with both of these examples only became legit worse in later seasons - especially Magiswords, due to flanderization and/or lack of actual interesting writing to drive things forward in ways that at the very least AT / RS / Gumball in smaller cases, managed to do to make themselves more memorable in a positive light for me, despite ALL 3 those examples (especially Gumball leading up to and especially in its last season, which ultimately sucked, IMHO.) faltering in quality in later seasons themselves, as well!

Whomever made Robotomy should have stuck to getting Superjail! More seasons, honestly - that show actually was fun, whereas Robotomy was just boring fluff to me, without question. The money wasted there could have went to more AT / RS / Gumball episodes, instead, for all I care.

Last edited:

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

so, with primal screen going down, I wonder how that affected Cartoon Network since they using that studio to do the bumpers for years now, are they going to start working with the animation studio who did the bumpers for adult swim now
It is now officially 20 years since I joined here.
I have to lay low for awhile. I need to take a break from this for right now, but I'll be back soon.
Bought Cat City (1986) on Prime today. Never seen it before, looking forward to watching it!
Super Metroid on the SNES turns 30 today in North America.

Featured Posts