Will point and click games ever make a comeback?

Latest News & Videos

SuperSuck64

Lazy Aspiring Cartoonist
Mar 2, 2018
Considering Telltale shut down not too long ago (and even then they had long since abandoned traditional point and click gameplay from what I've heard), do you think adventure games in that style will ever come back? Is there still an audience for them? I really hope the genre doesn't completely go away, since it's one of my favorite genres and stuff like Pajama Sam is what got me into video games in the first place.

Reactions: 1 person

Red Arrow

ça va nog wel
Oct 22, 2012
Belgium
I grew up with "Freddi Fish" (1994), "Putt-Putt Travels Through Time" (1997), Garfield's Scary Scavenger Hunt and the sequel. I also know several people who grew up with Spy Fox.

I think these type of games are mostly considered to be for younger children. I don't think point and click games for adults will make a comeback anytime soon. Sorry.

When adults play a game, they often want to skip the intros and coversations. They just want to play. These type of games are for those people who actually like the conversations.