Will Phineas and Ferb receive the same treatment as Rugrats in the 2020s?

OmegaAlpha23

Banned
When Phineas and Ferb came out, everyone loved it and saw it as the sacred vessel of modern animation. In 2011, it was at it's highest peak in popularity, with the TV movie, a fourth season ordered and a theatrical movie to boot and the fanbase was huge. It didn't seem like anything would get in it's way. Only being overshadowed by Family Guy, it was the most popular cartoon on at the time.

But in 2012, popular opinion turned against it, especially when Gravity Falls came out. People started to hate it for it's many flaws like the characters being one dimensional and unlikable, the repetition of many gags, the flat art, fourth wall breaks and the formula. People who did like the show refused to say if they ever liked it, or said they only liked it because it was better than anything else at the time and until 2015, was one of the most hated cartoons on the internet. This was especially bad when the Marvel and Star Wars crossovers came out, which were barraged by nothing but comments by people who said they hated the show and that it was repetitive. It didn't seem likely that it would ever be popular or well received again and got webbed into being a product of it's time. The hate isn't as strong as it used to be, but parts of the backlash are still here and it stings so bad that Milo Murphy's Law is doing poor in the ratings and Disney are giving it subpar treatment. Even Disney don't seem to be as enthusiastic about it. Compare the way they celebrated the 10th anniversary of Phineas and Ferb to the way they celebrated Hannah Montana and High School Musical. The anniversaries of Hannah Montana and High School Musical were trending on Twitter and they had cast reunions, where they did nothing for Phineas and Ferb and barely acknowledged it's 10th anniversary. Right now, it still seems to be toxic if you admit to liking it in public.

I remembered that the same thing happened to Rugrats in the early 2000s, with most people being tired of it, calling it repetitive and wanting it to end and through the 2000s, it was poison to say you ever liked the show. But when the 2010s came, everyone loves it again and it's so popular that it's getting a second reboot. So, the question remains is if people will start to feel the same way about Phineas and Ferb a decade down the line? They'll like the show again, cosplay as the characters, wear T shirts of the characters, say they miss it, say lines from the show to no end and then Disney brings it back.

Red Arrow

ça va nog wel
I don't like Phineas and Ferb, but it is thanks to this show that Disney started taking television animation seriously, something they have never done before, let's face it.

I never understood why people on Toonzone completely ignore Ben 10 and Phineas and Ferb when talking about the late 00s. Those were the two biggest kids cartoons on the air back then, and I definitely think Disney will bring back P&F eventually just like they are now bringing back Kim Possible. It's Disney, after all.

Vaughn Max

When Phineas and Ferb came out, everyone loved it and saw it as the sacred vessel of modern animation. In 2011, it was at it's highest peak in popularity, with the TV movie, a fourth season ordered and a theatrical movie to boot and the fanbase was huge. It didn't seem like anything would get in it's way. Only being overshadowed by Family Guy, it was the most popular cartoon on at the time.

But in 2012, popular opinion turned against it, especially when Gravity Falls came out. People started to hate it for it's many flaws like the characters being one dimensional and unlikable, the repetition of many gags, the flat art, fourth wall breaks and the formula. People who did like the show refused to say if they ever liked it, or said they only liked it because it was better than anything else at the time and until 2015, was one of the most hated cartoons on the internet. This was especially bad when the Marvel and Star Wars crossovers came out, which were barraged by nothing but comments by people who said they hated the show and that it was repetitive. It didn't seem likely that it would ever be popular or well received again and got webbed into being a product of it's time. The hate isn't as strong as it used to be, but parts of the backlash are still here and it stings so bad that Milo Murphy's Law is doing poor in the ratings and Disney are giving it subpar treatment. Even Disney don't seem to be as enthusiastic about it. Compare the way they celebrated the 10th anniversary of Phineas and Ferb to the way they celebrated Hannah Montana and High School Musical. The anniversaries of Hannah Montana and High School Musical were trending on Twitter and they had cast reunions, where they did nothing for Phineas and Ferb and barely acknowledged it's 10th anniversary. Right now, it still seems to be toxic if you admit to liking it in public.

I remembered that the same thing happened to Rugrats in the early 2000s, with most people being tired of it, calling it repetitive and wanting it to end and through the 2000s, it was poison to say you ever liked the show. But when the 2010s came, everyone loves it again and it's so popular that it's getting a second reboot. So, the question remains is if people will start to feel the same way about Phineas and Ferb a decade down the line? They'll like the show again, cosplay as the characters, wear T shirts of the characters, say they miss it, say lines from the show to no end and then Disney brings it back.
I hope so. I've been rewatching some Phineas and Ferb episodes lately, so it would be cool to have more, but if they don't want to bring it back, I'd be fine because there's other good shows like Big City Greens

Sent from my BND-L24 using Tapatalk

Perla Magica

Digital Love
Don't forget that P&F has a crossover episode with Milo Murphy's Law.

It seems like most of people who watched the show in the past quickly forget about its existence. That's because times flies so fast and trends are changing, latest Disney cartoons like Gravity Falls or Star Vs. already took Phineas and Ferb's popularity while the show ended in 2015. I personally liked that show, but I have a feeling that people in the late 2020's will have a big nostalgia for late 2000's cartoons, especially for Phineas and Ferb.

OmegaAlpha23

Banned
I don't like Phineas and Ferb, but it is thanks to this show that Disney started taking television animation seriously, something they have never done before, let's face it.

I never understood why people on Toonzone completely ignore Ben 10 and Phineas and Ferb when talking about the late 00s. Those were the two biggest kids cartoons on the air back then, and I definitely think Disney will bring back P&F eventually just like they are now bringing back Kim Possible. It's Disney, after all.
You can also add that it was responsible for the 2010s renaissance of animation because little cartoons were to be found in the late 2000s because networks didn't think it was profitable and most, if not all appealed to kids only. Phineas and Ferb changed that as it was a show that appealed to kids and adults and the success it had wavered networks to saying yes to shows like Adventure Time and Regular Show. Phineas and Ferb has been forgotten about in the trails of time, and is going through the same thing as Family Guy in that no one really cares about it anymore, and sees it as laughable if you still like it, but not as bad because it's not airing new episodes anymore, which makes me scratch my head because it was a big deal at the time. It wasn't just the most popular kids cartoon of the late 2000s, it was the second most popular cartoon of the late 2000s with only Family Guy trailing all over it.

Red Arrow

ça va nog wel
I don't consider Phineas and Ferb forgotten. There are hundreds* of active YouTube channels about Phineas and Ferb trying to upload every freakin' song in every freakin' language. (especially Hungarian, Czech, Ukrainian and Dutch come to mind, those new videos pop up on my YouTube main page every day)

*rough estimation

ShadowBeast

I never knew of a lot of people hating Phineas and Ferb. I know there were complaints about the repeated plots. But nothing about the show being hated.
Personally I liked the show. It wasn't my favorite of shows. But it was very watchable. Sure there's a couple of episodes that I didn't like, like the Beak episode and the Marvel crossover. But that didn't prevent me from enjoying the series. The show did last longer than most Disney cartoons and even got a lot of movies and special.

TsWade2

First of all, I hate Rugrats. It's a disgusting show Sorry, it's my opinion. Second of all, I don't know if that will happen, even though they're still popular today.

alex dahlseid

I would agree because of fandom on YouTube it’s great show in my opinion when you mention about the P&F fanbase one thing comes into your mind in that’s is Trainboy54

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Super Metroid on the SNES turns 30 today in North America.
The sub-only anime releases in North America are the invention of the 2010s.
Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Imagine a broadcast TV network giving someone who worked at the Golden Age of Cartoon Network the opportunity to worked on a show, and doing 8 interviews, only to completely ghosted him for weeks for absolutely no reason.

Try to wrap your head around on that one, folks.

Seriously. Explain that to me, Memorable Entertainment Television? :/
Didn't notice that the site was back...

I'll start off by saying X-Men 97 has been a blast to watch. As someone who grew up exposed to the films and cameos on other shows, it was definitely a different treat seeing how both iterations of the franchise handle the characters and their world.
Professor X's speech in today's episode was powerful ... nuff said.

Featured Posts