Will Adult Swim ever acquire Duncanville?

Tacartoon

I think if it accumulates good ratings in the Animation Domination lineup at FOX and goes on for a couple more seasons to consider it popular, then Adult Swim could very well pick it up and have it replace Bob's and Family Guy within the next two years.

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
If Adult Swim were smart, they wouldn't. Their schedule is too filled with and dependent on acquisitions. It will wind up being the death of them when Fox takes all of their shows back. Maybe they should have developed some ACTUAL decent original shows instead of living and dying by acquisitions and cheapo unfunny stoner comedies.

Neo Ultra Mike

Creeping Shadow of "15000"+ Posts
Yeah i'm pretty sure the days of Adult Swim acquiring acquisitions from FOX are OVER. Because yeah with FOX now owned by Disney, it's Disney and all affiliate related companies who will keep the rights to those series and put them on stations or networks or affiliates they own and no one else. If Duncanville or Bless the Harts for that matter is still popular and manages to go for at least a few seasons you aren't going to see reruns of it on AS. You'll see it on FX or Disney+ and other such places as yeah we aren't in the days of AS picking up shows from FOX and getting to play them. They lost that possibility once Disney came in so don't worry about that happening at all Fone Bone. I assure you once the likes of Family Guy, American Dad and Bob's Burgers leave next year AS is going to be a much much different place. It does have a few originals with some star power but it's still going to need to massively scale back because yeah they don't have the acquistions anymore that jusitfy it expanding to be a 1/3rd of CN's running time anymore.

Perla Magica

Digital Love
I don't think Adult Swim will acquire "Duncanville" any time soon, because:

1) The show is still new
2) Most of FOX cartoons are leaving AS in 2021 so there's no a chance

Reruns of the first season could likely land on FXX or Freeform.

Daikun

Long Live the Fighter!
Staff member
I'd say it's very possible for Adult Swim to get this show. Fox acquired Bento Box last year, so now they have their own animation studio whose future productions they can exclusively own without having to share with Disney.

PF9

Putting Bleeps on a Streaming Show Is Stupid
FXX would probably carry it IF it got to 100 episodes.

And since the international rights to the series are held by NBCUniversal, it would probably air on NBCUniversal channels internationally.

sorin96

For American Dad wasn't announced that will leave AS,since TBS is airing new episodes,so for now will be the only FOX who'll remain on AS

Orange Mo

orangemo
Yeah i'm pretty sure the days of Adult Swim acquiring acquisitions from FOX are OVER. Because yeah with FOX now owned by Disney, it's Disney and all affiliate related companies who will keep the rights to those series and put them on stations or networks or affiliates they own and no one else. If Duncanville or Bless the Harts for that matter is still popular and manages to go for at least a few seasons you aren't going to see reruns of it on AS. You'll see it on FX or Disney+ and other such places as yeah we aren't in the days of AS picking up shows from FOX and getting to play them. They lost that possibility once Disney came in so don't worry about that happening at all Fone Bone. I assure you once the likes of Family Guy, American Dad and Bob's Burgers leave next year AS is going to be a much much different place. It does have a few originals with some star power but it's still going to need to massively scale back because yeah they don't have the acquistions anymore that jusitfy it expanding to be a 1/3rd of CN's running time anymore.

No actually if Housebroken gets renewed for a few more seasons they could get that show because Kapital and Fox are the copyright holders not Disney.

Also response to OP. Duncanville has terrible live ratings. It only gets good streaming ratings, but then Bless the Harts has about the same numbers.

So I assume Duncanville will go to Syfy or FXX while Bless the Harts is definitely going to FXX.

PF9

CBS Television Studios owns a stake in Kapital, and thus is the distributor for Housebroken - at least internationally.

Orange Mo

orangemo
CBS Television Studios owns a stake in Kapital, and thus is the distributor for Housebroken - at least internationally.

No CBS doesn’t own Kapital. The owner is still Aaron Kaplan. They just invest in their projects.

“On February 10, 2017, Kapital formed a joint venture with CBS Corporation and has acquired an ownership stake. CBS will also provide co-financing for Kapital projects and will serve as worldwide distributor. However, Kapital will continue to operate as it had previously as an independent production company which will be completely separate from CBS Television Studios and CBS Television Network and have no first-look or any other agreements with any of them”

PF9

Still, from that info, CBS Studios International would likely be the international distributor for Housebroken, which would likely mean international airings on Viacom channels (international versions of Comedy Central in particular).

I could see Shout! Factory being the US home video distributor of the series.

Orange Mo

orangemo

American Dad isn’t leaving Adult Swim as long as they continue to pay for new episodes.

Zanneck

HAIL NEO ARCADIA. NEO ARCADIA FOREVER.
I'm hoping they don't, honestly..... This show is not that good, so far (IMHO). Knowing this, I unfortunately don't personally see people wasting time on this channel for it, as a result, unlike other Fox shows that actually earned / gained their popularity in a real way (without saying examples.).

Orange Mo

orangemo
I'm hoping they don't, honestly..... This show is not that good, so far (IMHO). Knowing this, I unfortunately don't personally see people wasting time on this channel for it, as a result, unlike other Fox shows that actually earned / gained their popularity in a real way (without saying examples.).

It’s probably because it’s a Family Guy/Simpsons hybrid that hasn’t found its identity yet. It has some good characters like Annie and Jing but other than that it’s too generic.

Bless the Harts is still the better show for me. And with 22 episodes next season, maybe they can prove getting a syndication deal early at FXX and a multiple season renewal. Imagine the words “Fox renews Bless the Harts for 3 more seasons” or something like that.

Zanneck

HAIL NEO ARCADIA. NEO ARCADIA FOREVER.
It’s probably because it’s a Family Guy/Simpsons hybrid that hasn’t found its identity yet. It has some good characters like Annie and Jing but other than that it’s too generic.

Bless the Harts is still the better show for me. And with 22 episodes next season, maybe they can prove getting a syndication deal early at FXX and a multiple season renewal. Imagine the words “Fox renews Bless the Harts for 3 more seasons” or something like that.

Only if Bless the Harts proves itself worthy do I truly begin to agree with your logic. Otherwise, yeah. But since that show did grow on me, I'll see where this goes and hope it steps up its game in a good way, too.

All I'm saying is Duncanville needs more than just the characters I like in it (Annie, her husband, Jing (the adopted daughter); it needs to do something with them - what it is, I don't know for sure, but something does need to be done for me to change my mind on this show, honestly.

..... Too bad the only thing I can think of so far is much less focus on Kimberly and Duncan, but only because I dislike both of them and I like to think (again, all IMHO) that I'm not in the minority with that, admittedly enough.

Orange Mo

orangemo
Only if Bless the Harts proves itself worthy do I truly begin to agree with your logic. Otherwise, yeah. But since that show did grow on me, I'll see where this goes and hope it steps up its game in a good way, too.

All I'm saying is Duncanville needs more than just the characters I like in it (Annie, her husband, Jing (the adopted daughter); it needs to do something with them - what it is, I don't know for sure, but something does need to be done for me to change my mind on this show, honestly.

..... Too bad the only thing I can think of so far is much less focus on Kimberly and Duncan, but only because I dislike both of them and I like to think (again, all IMHO) that I'm not in the minority with that, admittedly enough.

If Mega-lo-Memories gets even NOMINATED at the animation Emmy Awards, which I posted on the Animation on Fox thread, I know Fox will give them a 3rd season. Nominations aren’t that big of a thing but it will increase publicity.

SpaceCowboy

I think it depends on the individual show and whether Fox broadcasting network has syndication rights independent of Disney. Fox itself is still owned by the Murdochs, while Disney has 20th TV.

Duncanville seems to be a case where Fox broadcasting network co-produced the show and it's unknown whether they have off-network rights in the US or not.

Last edited:

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

also, I don't know if can ever look at any of the shows connected to Dan Schneider in a good light ever again. some of the actors are ok with us still enjoying them but I don't know if I can get past it.
as a survivor of childhood trauma, I I wish everyone would leave Amanda Bynes alone. she owes us nothing, and I hope she's doing as well as she can possibly be right now.
I think most people are very upset and lamenting the fact that Nickelodeon (NOT including preschool shows nor nick@nite) aren't having regular new episodes since after Transformers: EarthSpark finished the season.

Let's hope we get new promos during watching Sonic the Hedgehog 2 tomorrow night.

I knew about the promotional cans but I'm just seeing this ad for the first time. I love seeing Daredevil pushed by Marvel.
Notable moment from The Rock.

Featured Posts