Will a third season of "The Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes" happen?

Will it happen?

• Someday it will, have hope and stay positive!

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • It could happen on another channel/service

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The closest we'll get is a (probably not as good) reboot

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • (sings) MOTU AUR PATLU KI JODI! (or in other words, it just won't happen)

Votes: 5 62.5%

• Total voters

brodie999

Weren't you wanting a 3rd season of Hulk and the Agents of S.M.A.S.H. not too long ago? You seem really invested in the new shows for a while. I'm getting the impression you're trying to "fit in" with the many other vocal detractors as some form of anti-social 'acceptance'.

Be honest with your views, dude. Don't say what others want you to hear if it means 180ing your true impressions.

(Inb4 AdrenalineRush thinks I'm 'hating' on opinions again rather than attempting to correct one's flimsy intentions/arguments.)
Yeah, well. I've come to realise how terrible the new shows were and how the Marvel Animated Universe was a train wreck from day 1. So I 'd love to see them cancelled. And I want EMH, WATXM and SSM back so we can see their plot lines properly resolved.

It also would've been cool if that unproduced Captain America show from 1998 actually happened in the 2010's in the same universe, complete with Brian Bloom voicing the title character.
Yeah, it'd be even more awesome if a new Guardians of the Galaxy show was set in the EMH universe complete with Steve Downes, Greg Ellis, Kirk Thornton, Moria Quirk and Troy Baker reprising their roles as Star-Lord, Rocket Raccoon, Adam Warlock, Quasar and Groot respectively and with new cast members Tara Platt as Gamora, Michael Dorn as Drax and Hank Azaria as Cosmo.

Mod Note: Double Post merged.

Last edited by a moderator:

TheLemsterPju

Yeah, well. I've come to realise how terrible the new shows were and how the Marvel Animated Universe was a train wreck from day 1. So I 'd love to see them cancelled. And I want EMH, WATXM and SSM back so we can see their plot lines properly resolved.

"come to realize" = other's opinions influenced you(?)

But feel free to prove me wrong. What did give you this moment of realization? Did you gain any influence from what people said online?
I could care less if if you dislike them, I'm more concerned that the Internet influence's your perspective on anything. That has always been a pet peeve of mine when some people can't think for themselves so they let the most vocal opinions inspire them to want to feel the same way. I hope you're not one of those folks, but I instantly recognize cases like this; especially among young people on social media. No one just stops liking something without some form of influence.

Back on the subject: I think EMH could be brought back in some form (comics, a movie, "webisodes", etc.) but I don't think it absolutely needs to. At least not on Disney XD. I do think it would be awesome if Marvel took influence from DC and resurrect older properties for older, hardcore fans; while younger casual fans, who are accustomed to their current properties, can still have their own thing without it being taken away.

Bare in mind, nothing has to be taken away in favor of having it replaced with another. Marvel has done that especially in animation, but it's easier to bring old cartoons back for special occasions than getting actors back for an older, rebooted film property intended for the masses.

Last edited:

Rick Jones

fan-man
Staff member
Yeah, me too. I hope they make that unproduced Thor show that was set to air in 2010 and make it and Hulk: Gamma Corps set in the EMH and WATXM universe. It'd be able to form a new Marvel Animated Universe that's hopefully better than the trash one that we've got right now.
I think the ideas for the Thor series and Gamma Corps were absorbed into EMH.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
I could care less if if you dislike them, I'm more concerned that the Internet influence's your perspective on anything. That has always been a pet peeve of mine when some people can't think for themselves so they let the most vocal opinions inspire them to want to feel the same way. I hope you're not one of those folks, but I instantly recognize cases like this; especially among young people on social media. No one just stops liking something without some form of influence.
Being willing to change your mind due to new information is a strength, not a weakness.

AdrenalineRush1996

Back with a better image
Being willing to change your mind due to new information is a strength, not a weakness.
Thank you and I don't like it when one user who has pretty much made a dig towards me over my comments thinks it's a weakness to be willing to change your mind due to new information.

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

Medinnus

Staff member
OK, lets stay focused here - the question of the thread is AEMH S3, not justification/condemnation of a poster's opinions - we all have them, they change over time, and as Baretta used to say "...an dat's the name of dat tune!".

God, I just quoted Baretta. I am old. *creaks his aching bones back to the topic*

I would love to see a resolution on the whole "Surtur saga" thing, in whatever format. Plus the Enchantress in green and then red costumes is quite Xmas-y )

TheLemsterPju

For real life circumstances, yes. That involves factual information. As for someone's interest in fiction, especially on the Internet, that has the tendency to change very easily because of how verbal and vocal many criticisms can be. For example, I just don't suddenly dislike the Justice League movie because of reviews or people complaining about it online. Yes, hesitation is one thing, but becoming the absolute opposite of what you believed in after what someone says online is definitely not a "strength". It's a lack of will towards one's own views.

AdrenalineRush1996

Back with a better image
One would wonder if Wolverine and the X-Men could've gotten a fully absorbed finale in form of a crossover episode in EMH had the latter returned for a third season instead of a second season.

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
For real life circumstances, yes. That involves factual information. As for someone's interest in fiction, especially on the Internet, that has the tendency to change very easily because of how verbal and vocal many criticisms can be. For example, I just don't suddenly dislike the Justice League movie because of reviews or people complaining about it online. Yes, hesitation is one thing, but becoming the absolute opposite of what you believed in after what someone says online is definitely not a "strength". It's a lack of will towards one's own views.
The internet IS real-life. There are real people on the ends of the opinions here with real feelings that can get hurt. Some people like to get detached to the real people on the other end of the screen but they are real.

As for the idea that people in fandom changing their minds to fit in not being a strength, maybe you're right. But do you know what else it is? Understandable. Normal. A real world viewpoint. Everyone wants to be accepted and sometimes that leads you to being harsher to shows you like and more tolerant of shows you dislike. Speaking for myself, I don't like to get into flame wars over every little thing. It's draining for me, so I'm not always dialed up to 11 on every opinion I offer. And I don't think I'm necessarily weak-willed for that. I just know when to pick my battles and know which things are actually worth taking a stand about. And cartoons usually aren't one of those things.

TheLemsterPju

As for the idea that people in fandom changing their minds to fit in not being a strength, maybe you're right. But do you know what else it is? Understandable. Normal. A real world viewpoint. Everyone wants to be accepted and sometimes that leads you to being harsher to shows you like and more tolerant of shows you dislike. Speaking for myself, I don't like to get into flame wars over every little thing. It's draining for me, so I'm not always dialed up to 11 on every opinion I offer. And I don't think I'm necessarily weak-willed for that..

Nope.

As a matter of fact, it shows a lack of maturity or social understanding if someone wants to earn for acceptance by not being true to themselves among strangers on a random forum or group. I'd much rather be accepted by friends, family or people whom I know or live near, but completely changing my views is a step too far. At that point, it is succumbing to the pressure of having no one to share similar opinions with and becoming something else for folks who don't contribute much into your life. That is a lack of will. Unjustifiable.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
Can this please stop here? The thread has been derailed enough already. Either drop the subject here, or take it to private messages if you feel it's necessary. Remember this is about discussing a potential future season of Avengers: EMH, not speculating or debating why someone might have changed his opinion regarding the cartoons. Any further off-topic posts about this might receive infractions.

AdrenalineRush1996

Back with a better image
Anyway back to topic. Given that The Spectacular Spider-Man ended on a cliffhanger, I wonder if EMH decided to give closure to it had the Spidergate incident not happened and continued beyond season 2.

Freddy

After thinking about it, I could actually see AEMH getting a third season in a form of on-going comic. But, it will not happen tomorrow, next year or even year after that. It could potentially happen years from now, after AA has been long dead, when someone who grew-up on the show stars working for Marvel and pitches them the idea.

Granted, Marvel would have to see the market value in this idea, which is completely different story. Unlike, say, Adam West's Batman, I doubt AEMH will become big enough piece of popculture history, so it would be hard to justify reviving this particular universe years or even decades later, but you never know.

Last edited:

AdrenalineRush1996

Back with a better image
After thinking about it, I could actually see AEMH getting a third season in a form of on-going comic. But, it will not happen tomorrow, next year or even year after that. It could potentially happen years from now, after AA has been long dead, when someone who grew-up on the show stars working for Marvel and pitches them the idea.

Granted, Marvel would have to see the market value in this idea, which is completely different story. Unlike, say, Adam West's Batman, I doubt AEMH will become big enough piece of popculture history, so it would be hard to justify reviving this particular universe years or even decades later, but you never know.
Well, only time will tell, after all.

RoryWilliams

Yeah that's pretty much the problem. The superhero cartoons that get revisited like that such as Batman: The Animated Series or the recent X-Men 92 comic are the ones who left big footprints on pop culture. I can't honestly say that EMH was as popular or impactful as that.

Dudley

Staff member
Comcast apparently has the whole series up onDemand right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SweetShop209

Reporter
Staff member
Reporter
Comcast apparently has the whole series up onDemand right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Well, that was definitely unexpected.

Anyway, to answer the question at hand, I would say "no". Sure, it has a wide audience appeal from what I heard, but it doesn't the cultural status of something like Batman The Animated Series or Samurai Jack that could warrant a revival. The fact it aired on the lesser available Disney XD adds to this. On top of that, even if the show were to be revived, what's not to say that executive meddling could come about again, possibly even stronger.

RoryWilliams

If EMH were made now I'm sure they'd be all sorts of studio notes about not being able to use any X-Men or FF characters. So you can kiss that planned Scarlet Witch appearance goodbye.

And we'd get a ton of Inhuman guest spots even though the only ones people actually care about are Ms. Marvel and Lockjaw.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Imagine a broadcast TV network giving someone who worked at the Golden Age of Cartoon Network the opportunity to worked on a show, and doing 8 interviews, only to completely ghosted him for weeks for absolutely no reason.

Try to wrap your head around on that one, folks.

Seriously. Explain that to me, Memorable Entertainment Television? :/
Didn't notice that the site was back...

I'll start off by saying X-Men 97 has been a blast to watch. As someone who grew up exposed to the films and cameos on other shows, it was definitely a different treat seeing how both iterations of the franchise handle the characters and their world.
Professor X's speech in today's episode was powerful ... nuff said.
I've ground my wisdom tooth down overtime so that I can clench my jaw properly again. It's equal parts good and bad news.
Daffy Duck turns 87 today. Happy birthday to my favorite Looney Tune!

Featured Posts