"Wild Hare" title question

Matthew Williams

Owns A Homey The Clown Shirt
Moderator
Joined
Mar 14, 2002
Messages
2,444
Location
Philadelphia, PA
Just a q... we all know the original title to "A Wild Hare" DOES exist, since TNT aired it on its "What's Up, Doc?" special so long ago. But every print since is still the Blue Ribbon cartoon... including the Irreverent Imagination doc on the Golden Collection.

Why do they keep airing the BR version? Is it because they have easier access to it, or something else?
 

Thad Komorowski

undecided
Joined
Apr 25, 2001
Messages
10,058
Location
cardboard box
Matthew Williams said:
Why do they keep airing the BR version? Is it because they have easier access to it, or something else?

I believe it's because the original print came from a private collector. Turner had to pay a royalty to air it on the special, and to use it on GAOLT Vol. 4.
 

Kirby

Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2003
Messages
664
Location
Green Greens, Dream Land
LooneyThad said:
I believe it's because the original print came from a private collector. Turner had to pay a royalty to air it on the special, and to use it on GAOLT Vol. 4.

I hope Time Warner can Strike a deal with the Private Collector for a Future DVD (I imagine the Orginal Print of "A Wild Hare" should be a little easier to secure rights to than the "Merry go Round Broke Down"). But Restortaion would still have to occur)
 

snowpeck

Member
Joined
May 2, 2001
Messages
992
Location
TN
Kirby said:
I hope Time Warner can Strike a deal with the Private Collector for a Future DVD (I imagine the Orginal Print of "A Wild Hare" should be a little easier to secure rights to than the "Merry go Round Broke Down"). But Restortaion would still have to occur)



Yeah, whenever "A Wild Hare" ends up on DVD, I'd expect it to be the original version.


Greg
 

Spotlight

Sponsored Ads

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Asa
Have a safe Thanksgiving everyone.
Happy Thanksgiving to you all and stay safe.
Happy Thanksgiving everyone! Stay safe!
Top