"Wild Hare" title question

Latest News & Videos

Matthew Williams

Owns A Homey The Clown Shirt
Mar 14, 2002
Philadelphia, PA
www.mattwilliamsdesign.com
Just a q... we all know the original title to "A Wild Hare" DOES exist, since TNT aired it on its "What's Up, Doc?" special so long ago. But every print since is still the Blue Ribbon cartoon... including the Irreverent Imagination doc on the Golden Collection.

Why do they keep airing the BR version? Is it because they have easier access to it, or something else?

Kirby

Feb 4, 2003
Green Greens, Dream Land
LooneyThad said:
I believe it's because the original print came from a private collector. Turner had to pay a royalty to air it on the special, and to use it on GAOLT Vol. 4.
I hope Time Warner can Strike a deal with the Private Collector for a Future DVD (I imagine the Orginal Print of "A Wild Hare" should be a little easier to secure rights to than the "Merry go Round Broke Down"). But Restortaion would still have to occur)

snowpeck

May 2, 2001
TN
Visit site
Kirby said:
I hope Time Warner can Strike a deal with the Private Collector for a Future DVD (I imagine the Orginal Print of "A Wild Hare" should be a little easier to secure rights to than the "Merry go Round Broke Down"). But Restortaion would still have to occur)

Yeah, whenever "A Wild Hare" ends up on DVD, I'd expect it to be the original version.

Greg