Widescreen Justice League

Jaymstr

When does Justice League air in widescreen?

29 - Tabula Rasa (Part 1)
30 - Tabula Rasa (Part 2)
31 - Only a Dream (Part 1)
32 - Only a Dream (Part 2)
33 - Maid of Honor (Part 1)
34 - Maid of Honor (Part 2)
35 - Hearts and Minds (Part 1)
36 - Hearts and Minds (Part 2)
37 - A Better World (Part 1)
38 - A Better World (Part 2)
49 - Wild Cards (Part 2)

I need those episodes in widescreen still.

susan123

I hope I'm wrong but I don't think JL is going to air in widescreen at least for some time since it only airs once a week. I tried taping those episodes in widescreen when they first aired to discover that some of Part 2 was cut. I'd rather have full screen complete episodes than widescreen cut ones. Since the DVD of "Starcrossed" is going to have both full-screen and widescreen on the same disc perhaps future releases of JL will have the widescreen versions as well.

Silly McGooses

Unfortunately, none of those episodes are scheduled to air again anytime within, well..., a really long time, let alone in widescreen. I haven't seen some of 'em.

Jaymstr

Well, then does anyone have widescreen, uncut versions of those episodes taped that I might somehow be able to get a copy of? :D

GL2k2

Savage Dragon
There are two ways to get the widescreen episodes at this juncture. If WHV starts releasing the rest of the snapper DVD's in the format as "Starcrossed" (widescreen/fullcreen) which I would not hold my breath because I think they're treating it like a JL DTV which means it is not like the episode releases. Or the other way would be by catching it when JLU premieres sometime in August when they start replaying stuff on a weekday basis to promote JLU. They might put JL back on the Toonami block, but then that is going to be a stroke of luck if they show widescreen.

maxnugget

Avenger of evil and ignorance
Jaymstr said:
When does Justice League air in widescreen?

29 - Tabula Rasa (Part 1)
30 - Tabula Rasa (Part 2)
31 - Only a Dream (Part 1)
32 - Only a Dream (Part 2)
33 - Maid of Honor (Part 1)
34 - Maid of Honor (Part 2)
35 - Hearts and Minds (Part 1)
36 - Hearts and Minds (Part 2)
37 - A Better World (Part 1)
38 - A Better World (Part 2)
49 - Wild Cards (Part 2)

I need those episodes in widescreen still.

Good luck with Tabula Rasa...that episode has, to my knowledge, never aired ANYWHERE in widescreen.

b.t.

my contacts at cn inform me that "starcrossed", at least, will debut on toonami in glorious widescreen, on the 29th :)....so, set your vcr's and tivo's...

as for "jlu", too early to tell...i keep pushing for regularly scheduled widescreen airings...keep your fingers crossed....i want my shows to look great...

...it's because of the site, jim, and you guys that we call these cartoons "dcau cartoons" ... let CN know you want more widescreen...

Doomsday

Superman`s Killer
Well Starcrossed airing in widescreen is very nice to hear. Its to bad that we don't get a widescreen showing of JL each week, I think JL deserves it. Well I'll still can hope for CN to air widescreen of JLU without making any mistakes. So I'll be crossing my fingers for that.

And wow! We helped name the DCAU?! WOW!

maxnugget

Eggcellent...I'm usually really obsessive about wanting the widescreen airings, but since we know it'll be in widescreen on the DVD release I'm less concerned (don't need to make a perfect recording of it since I'll have it on DVD). JLU on the other hand...I really hope that gets widescreen airings.

I seriously question whether a show being in widescreen REALLY causes that many people to flip the channel (assuming they would've kept watching a pan-n-scan airing) that networks would be so opposed to regular widescreen airings.

Wow, it's hard to believe I'm gonna get to see Starcrossed in a meree 8 days. :D

"DCAU"...nice...

Simpler Simon

Always in Style
You guys are lucky to see Starcrossed in widescreen. I've only noticed a few cropping issues throughout season 2, but Starcrossed has them everywhere. There's a scene where Supes is getting to ready to throw a punch, and as he leans back and says a quip, he's completely offscreen and the "camera" is basically pointed at nothing.

Which surprised me, cuse isn't Justice League animated at the 1.85:1 ratio? Normally you don't lose too much when those are cropped (opposed to the 2.35:1 ratio they use for epic movies).

Chad Bonin

a.k.a. Knux Five
Staff member
Reporter

I wonder if this is in any part Williams Street's doing. They didn't get Bandai to make a fullscreen .hack//SIGN, and created the Immortal Grand Prix in widescreen... but Justice League aired on Toonami in fullscreen... who knows.

maxnugget

Simple Simon said:
You guys are lucky to see Starcrossed in widescreen. I've only noticed a few cropping issues throughout season 2, but Starcrossed has them everywhere. There's a scene where Supes is getting to ready to throw a punch, and as he leans back and says a quip, he's completely offscreen and the "camera" is basically pointed at nothing.

Which surprised me, cuse isn't Justice League animated at the 1.85:1 ratio? Normally you don't lose too much when those are cropped (opposed to the 2.35:1 ratio they use for epic movies).

I've never actually measured, but I always assumed JL was done in 16:9 (~1.78:1).

I agree, I've never noticed many cropping issues in fullscreen JL airings that are as big as the one you described. Although frankly, I'm glad the JL creators have perhaps said "screw it" and storyboarded a scene to look good in proper widescreen instead of restricting themselves to the limitations of the center-cropped pan-n-scan version.

R

Robin

I'm glad that the finale will get a great widescreen airing. I would not like to see such a huge finale chopped up in pan and scan. Will any of the future JL DVDs besides Stacrossed have widescreen transfers, as well?

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

also, I don't know if can ever look at any of the shows connected to Dan Schneider in a good light ever again. some of the actors are ok with us still enjoying them but I don't know if I can get past it.
as a survivor of childhood trauma, I I wish everyone would leave Amanda Bynes alone. she owes us nothing, and I hope she's doing as well as she can possibly be right now.
I think most people are very upset and lamenting the fact that Nickelodeon (NOT including preschool shows nor nick@nite) aren't having regular new episodes since after Transformers: EarthSpark finished the season.

Let's hope we get new promos during watching Sonic the Hedgehog 2 tomorrow night.

I knew about the promotional cans but I'm just seeing this ad for the first time. I love seeing Daredevil pushed by Marvel.
Notable moment from The Rock.

Featured Posts