Why was Adventure Time pulled from Adult Swim's lineup?

Tacartoon

Could it have been because they thought it was too kiddy? That seems like a pretty invalid reason to me, given the amount of dark content and innuendo AT got away with (the latter less so than Regular Show, but the former definitely more so). Or was it because people at CN didn't want it to air there? I'm pretty sure CN and AS are operated in the same buildings and both networks make the same decisions for each other.

DonkeyKongSong

It had been airing prominently in the daytime on Boomerang just before, plus it hadn't even ended for a year and never really vanished from Cartoon Network's promotions, so that probably had a hand in it too. Remembering the kind of hell they went through to even get Samurai Jack, which was at the time only airing at midnight on Boomerang (that was the excuse), had been over for 8 years and hadn't aired prominently on the main net in about 4... I wouldn't be surprised if that was the case.

kianworld

CN Schedule Archiver
They did it way too soon.

The show ended just a few months prior, and airing the show on AS meant CN pulled the show completely off its app/on-demand services and off of Boomerang's schedule. CN was still promoting the show like crazy on social media, especially because there was a complete series DVD set set to release. And that's not even bringing up Distant Lands, which I could believe the schedulers at Adult Swim might have not been aware of it being produced at the time.

I still think they should have tried Regular Show first.

How to Make Money as a Kid 2

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

I don't want a Playstation 5 for all of the new "next gen" games coming, I just want a PS5 so I can just play my PS4 games without my PS4 console sounding like a rocket engine blasting off. (...So tired of seeing the PS5's sold out everywhere....)
Who remembers playing the iCarly game Pack-Rat (Pac-Man clone)on the Nick website? Those were great memories
Was "Mega Man: Fully Charged" ever dubbed in foreign languages?

That thread reached 1000 posts, someone or any admin please lock that thread.
Am I hearing this right? Nick USA not airing SpongeBob SquarePants for a day? Am I dreaming?

Featured Posts