Why the television shows starring Mega Man weren't successful?

Latest News & Videos

Vuxovich

Jul 9, 2019
Čonoplja near Sombor
It seems the Mega Man metafranchise was not successful on television. Not only that, some of the planned Mega Man shows never came to fruition.

1. The Ruby-Spears cartoon was actually very successful, but canceled after just two seasons. The franchise that was going to be based on that cartoon became the stillborn one. It was either due to moral guardians or Mega Man's creators not liking this adaptation.
2. Both anime dubs (Battle Network and Star Force) were cut short before they could finish their respective stories.
3. I recently heard that there was going to be a second season of Mega Man: Fully Charged, an unfortunate victim of Cartoon Network's graveyard slot. I believe the real reason why was because of failed negotiations between Dentsu and DHX Media.
4. There was going to be the Ruby-Spears spin-off cartoon starring Mega Man X.
5. Also, the Mega Man ZX sub-franchise almost got an anime television series.
6. Speaking of the Mighty No. 9 animated show. Despite its announcement, the opportunity never happened due to unknown reasons.

I wonder why! Will you please tell me why Mega Man's television career wasn't successful?

The Overlord

Aug 5, 2002
Visit site
It seems the Mega Man metafranchise was not successful on television. Not only that, some of the planned Mega Man shows never came to fruition.

1. The Ruby-Spears cartoon was actually very successful, but canceled after just two seasons. The franchise that was going to be based on that cartoon became the stillborn one. It was either due to moral guardians or Mega Man's creators not liking this adaptation.
2. Both anime dubs (Battle Network and Star Force) were cut short before they could finish their respective stories.
3. I recently heard that there was going to be a second season of Mega Man: Fully Charged, an unfortunate victim of Cartoon Network's graveyard slot. I believe the real reason why was because of failed negotiations between Dentsu and DHX Media.
4. There was going to be the Ruby-Spears spin-off cartoon starring Mega Man X.
5. Also, the Mega Man ZX sub-franchise almost got an anime television series.
6. Speaking of the Mighty No. 9 animated show. Despite its announcement, the opportunity never happened due to unknown reasons.

I wonder why! Will you please tell me why Mega Man's television career wasn't successful?
I think the problem with the classic Mega Man series is not very story-heavy, Dr. Wily makes eight robot masters to take over the world and Mega Man stops them.

I think Mega Man X and Zero are more story-driven than the classic series but are darker especially Zero. I once saw a list of most evil video game villains and Dr. Weil from Mega Man Zero was number one, which makes him one of the evilest characters in the genre, so he would be a hard sell on a kids cartoon.

Battle Network and Mega Man Legends are more story-driven than the classic series but are not as popular as the classic series.

TheJLeeTeam

Keldeo is best Pony
Sep 9, 2018
USA
Maybe For one thing because Mega Man isn’t as popular as Sonic. I guess the anime was one of Kids WB lowest rated shows especially compared to Pokémon and Yu-Gi-Oh. As for Fully Charged, I expected it to get screwed over because the series has not been too relevant since Legends 3 was cancelled and because CN is not too kind with their acquisitions. I didn’t think Fully Charged was that great from what little I’ve seen but I still thought it was way better than Sonic Boom which was overrated crap IMO.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Lisa Ortiz's mother passed away.

I found this interview that Pam Arciero (Grundgetta from Sesame Street) took part in. I mainly skipped to 1:35, where she mentioned how production on the show ground to a halt because of the pandemic. There was about 1 more week of material to tape. She says they could start again in October, but that could change.
About done watching Sonic Boom Season 1 on DVD. Good in a sense to know the episode "Fire in a Crowded Workshop" only in Spanish dialogue isn't just me, but other unhappy posters to its Amazon page.

1:27:04-1:29:50

If it wasn't for the fact they're owned by different companies (Sesame Street on HBO and Helpsters on Apple TV, though both are from Sesame Workshop), I could totally see a crossover.