Why should SpongeBob SquarePants end?

Jazz1000

Evil PLANS...
i don't have a problem with the recent episodes of spongebob squrepants, as the problem with show that i have with is the fact...cant nick stop airing series so much as it been on WAY alot On Nick's schedule that what i get sick of seen so much spongebob a lot of times, and that my problem with nick is fact that i don't want see so much spongebob not that they air the same episodes over and over, the favt that show airs to much on nick but i still do love the recent episodes but a few has made me relies that the show needs to be finished, i don't like the humor then compare to the old episodes, the episodes are getting way to much dumb humor and gross humor as will, but this is my option of the series now then it was,

Let Me Tell Ya'll Something I Use To Watch Nick When I Was Like 5 or 6 Years Old (And Now Im 17) And I Know Alot About What Nick Turn To Befor It's Downfall There Were Alot Bad Show Compare To Spongebob As It's Today Like The Naked Brother Band, Zoey101, Fan Boy And Chum Chum Etc, Thoese Are Show That I Didnt Wanted Get Into Like Today's Spongebob Episodes So As A Fanboy Im Really Disspoined At Nick As Same With The Fairy Oddparents But Less Dumb Humor I Will Always And Mostly Will Be Happy If Spongebob And Fairy Oddparents Run Forever Liked The Simpsons I Thought Rugrats Would Run Forever As Befor All Grown Up Aired In 2003, And Rugrats Was Still Ruing Untill 2004, Then Spongebob Became The Next Longest Ruing Nick Series So It's Grate That Older Classic Series (Such As: Spongebob) Would Run Bun Later On The Show Will Likely Lose To The Humor As It Become(And That May Happen To The Simpsons) It Already Happen To Family Guy Then America Dad Now Whats Next?

Last edited by a moderator:

GPRailroad8794

Funny you mention that, I was watching Nick this morning & I noticed TMNT was listed, but Spongebob was airing. Same thing for Rabbids.
I'm not surprised. Disappointed, but not surprised.

Yeah, the channel that for 6 years, has been so desperately reliant on the success of a show nearly 10 years past its expiration date is soooo much better than Cartoon Network...

Convoy Rat

Okay I'm sorry, but this thread is getting ridiculous. I can understand mods disciplining members for what their saying, but when the OP starts controlling what we can and can't say, that's where I draw the line.

If we're not allowed to voice our opinions about SpongeBob that may oppose those of the thread's creator, then I think this thread should just be closed.

wammyguide

Okay I'm sorry, but this thread is getting ridiculous. I can understand mods disciplining members for what their saying, but when the OP starts controlling what we can and can't say, that's where I draw the line.

If we're not allowed to voice our opinions about SpongeBob that may oppose those of the thread's creator, then I think this thread should just be closed.
That's not what I meant. I'm just trying to follow what Neo Yi said. He said no finger poiniting and I'm trying to follow that. If I'm doing it wrong, could some one help how to do it right?

Neo Yi

Joustus!
Staff member
Reporter
By "finger-pointing", I mean ganging up on a member far longer than is necessary, especially if it ends up derailing the thread and/or ending up insulting members. Talking about Spongbob (whether it's a response to other members or not) is a-okay.

wammyguide, I appreciate what you're attempting, but do not backseat mod. Let us moderators handle things. If you feel there is a problem, use the report button. Now, back on-topic and no more bringing this up.

NickFan

The endless reruns that take away other shows' timeslots is why Spongebob (and ultimately Nick) is to blame.

I wouldn't say the show itself is to blame. Nick is to blame for removing "Robot And Monster"'s time slot in favor of SpongeBob. Like I said before, Nickelodeon never really cared about R&M so it didn't take them long to stop showing reruns. I don't think this is SpongeBob's fault, it's the fault of Nick for mistreating R&M.

wammyguide

I wouldn't say the show itself is to blame. Nick is to blame for removing "Robot And Monster"'s time slot in favor of SpongeBob. Like I said before, Nickelodeon never really cared about R&M so it didn't take them long to stop showing reruns. I don't think this is SpongeBob's fault, it's the fault of Nick for mistreating R&M.
I completely agree with him. I can't see how a show should be blamed for something, because it's out of the show's control. The network however, DOES have control. A lot of people have blamed every "bad" thing Nickelodeon has done for the past 13-14 years on SpongeBob, but really it's not. The network controls what they do.

GPRailroad8794

I said ultimately it's Nick's fault but seeing the shows that never got a fair shake and are now relegated to Nicktoons because of Nick's favortism towards it, Spongebob technically is to blame. In either case, it paints Spongebob in a negative light.

TBH, R&M was nothing special anyway but that doesn't excuse Nick for blasting Spongebob at full volume at nearly every turn.

NickFan

I said ultimately it's Nick's fault but seeing the shows that never got a fair shake and are now relegated to Nicktoons because of Nick's favortism towards it, Spongebob technically is to blame. In either case, it paints Spongebob in a negative light.

TBH, R&M was nothing special anyway but that doesn't excuse Nick for blasting Spongebob at full volume at nearly every turn.

I mostly agree. It does make people want to blame SpongeBob when they keep seeing it in place of another show that they like that deserves more of a chance, but again, it's the higher-ups at the network that choose to do this. Maybe there would be less hate on SpongeBob if people realized that the show itself is not to blame for dominating the schedule, Nick is to blame for its favoritism. That should be the problem that most people complain about.

And I respect your opinion, but R&M was a very special show to me, as well as to many other fans. Too bad the show isn't as special to the network as it is to its fans.

GPRailroad8794

I mostly agree. It does make people want to blame SpongeBob when they keep seeing it in place of another show that they like that deserves more of a chance, but again, it's the higher-ups at the network that choose to do this. Maybe there would be less hate on SpongeBob if people realized that the show itself is not to blame for dominating the schedule, Nick is to blame for its favoritism. That should be the problem that most people complain about.

And I respect your opinion, but R&M was a very special show to me, as well as to many other fans. Too bad the show isn't as special to the network as it is to its fans.

It's Spongebob's quality taking a nosedive since Season 4 combined with its massive overexposure that inspires the hatred the show gets. Make no mistake about it though, Nick gets its share of hate for shoving the show down our throats for the past 6+ years. Spongebob is despised for being overexposed while Nick is despised for overexposing it.

I can deal with you liking it as well but I personally didn't care about R&M.

RandomMe

Walrus Toy Store owner
It's Spongebob's quality taking a nosedive since Season 4 combined with its massive overexposure that inspires the hatred the show gets. Make no mistake about it though, Nick gets its share of hate for shoving the show down our throats for the past 6+ years. Spongebob is despised for being overexposed while Nick is despised for overexposing it.

And they release episode out of order now!

John Applebee

It was Derek Drymon that left the show. After the show "ended" before Nickelodeon ordered more episodes, most of the original writers & crew left & Paul Tibbitt hired writers from Spumco to take over the old writing team. I saw something different when the show came back in 2005. It didn't feel right to me that the show continued after an established ending. Don't get me wrong I am not insulting the people that work on the show because I'm Facebook friends with them & I think they're talented but the new crew working on the show has a different idea for the show than what Derek & the old crew wanted. Stephen Hillenburg demoted himself to executive producer but you have to give Derek Drymon credit for the first 3 seasons as well.

NickFan

Just so you know, I see less people hating on the show nowadays than I see people saying that, while the show did indeed lose quality after the Movie, it has been regaining its quality in the recent seasons and now is almost as good as its pre-Movie seasons. Like I said, the haters only seem like they're large in number because they're very vocal, but they're really in the vast minority. I wouldn't say SpongeBob is, in general, "despised". By a few people, maybe, but not by most people.

And it's okay if you don't care about R&M. I respect your opinion. Just please try not to make it sound like you're saying that no one cares about the show, because people do care. Myself included. :)

GPRailroad8794

Just so you know, I see less people hating on the show nowadays than I see people saying that, while the show did indeed lose quality after the Movie, it has been regaining its quality in the recent seasons and now is almost as good as its pre-Movie seasons. Like I said, the haters only seem like they're large in number because they're very vocal, but they're really in the vast minority. I wouldn't say SpongeBob is, in general, "despised". By a few people, maybe, but not by most people.
Personally, for every person I know who likes Spongebob there are at least 5 people who hate it. The hatred may have diminished a bit on here but elsewhere, there are countless forums dedicated to discrediting Spongebob and Nick as a whole.

We haters may be the most vocal, because it's most of us who are roaming the WWW. Most Spongebob fans (aka Nick's target audience) aren't on here talking about how much they love the show because they're busy watching it and feeding Nick the ratings they're so hungry for.

NickFan

Personally, for every person I know who likes Spongebob there are at least 5 people who hate it. The hatred may have diminished a bit on here but elsewhere, there are countless forums dedicated to discrediting Spongebob and Nick as a whole.

We haters may be the most vocal, because it's most of us who are roaming the WWW. Most Spongebob fans (aka Nick's target audience) aren't on here talking about how much they love the show because they're busy watching it and feeding Nick the ratings they're so hungry for.

For me it's the opposite. I think I see one hater for every five people who love the show. Maybe every ten people. And that number (of people who love the show) continues to grow every day. And I'm not trying to point fingers at anyone on here, but I have to say... this website contains some of the most SpongeBob hate I've ever seen. Yet, I've NEVER seen a forum dedicated to bashing SpongeBob and/or Nick, while there are plenty of forums that celebrate them. And I know the haters are vocal, but I never said that I think they're the most vocal I see a hundred times, at least, more love and praise for SpongeBob than hate, which isn't surprising. Maybe you and I are just looking at different parts of the Internet. :)

ganon51

The show should've ended with the movie, just like it was intended to. Nuff' said.

^This pretty much sums it up.

Spotlight

Sponsored Ads

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

going to draw Merman!Kahoot later today, if I have the time
Tomorrow, I'm starting the Christmas edition of Media Brackets.

happy thanksgiving and stay safe
Happy Spanksgiving! I love giving Spanks! I've got a hankering for some spankering!