Why should SpongeBob SquarePants end?

mimitchi33

Lovely, in my most wonderful way!
And with the stories becoming repetitive, I'm waiting for March 21st, 2019. After the 2019 KCAs, Nickelodeon is about to air the final episode of Spongebob. Ending with a message, something like "Thanks for watching our biggest invention since sliced bread. Join in around May for our newest moneymaker!" The new moneymaker is a live-action series with a pranking guy, like all those teen comedy shows that are actually seen by children of the 6-14 year old demographic.
Where did you get this information from? Is this real, or did you make it up? If it's the latter, than this seems like a good prediction of what could happen if SBSP was cancelled.

TheMusicdewd

Because its gone way downhill since it came back in 2005.

Spongebob has already tainted its legacy as one of the best Nicktoons ever. The first three seasons were great and if it had ended there, it would be in my Top 3 Nicktoons easily.

But NO, Stephen Hillensburg (creator) had to leave the writing staff and let Paul Tibbitt ruin the show. Then Nick decides to shove the show down our throats 14 times a day, as if its the only show that exists on Nickelodeon.

The damage has already been done. If the show ends now, I won't be sad. I'll be like "Good Riddance, and please never come back!"

RandomMe

Walrus Toy Store owner
Because its gone way downhill since it came back in 2005.

Spongebob has already tainted its legacy as one of the best Nicktoons ever. The first three seasons were great and if it had ended there, it would be in my Top 3 Nicktoons easily.

But NO, Stephen Hillensburg (creator) had to leave the writing staff and let Paul Tibbitt ruin the show. Then Nick decides to shove the show down our throats 14 times a day, as if its the only show that exists on Nickelodeon.

The damage has already been done. If the show ends now, I won't be sad. I'll be like "Good Riddance, and please never come back!"
What if there was a SpongeBob channel all day long? The horror. the pains...

NickFan

In my opinion, SpongeBob should not end. This is arguably the most successful, most popular, and best animated series ever. I know a few people complain about a decline in quality after the Movie, but people also say that the show started regaining quality in the 7th - 8th Season onward. Everyone who complains that the show is garbage today is in the vast, but vocal, minority. It's no secret that this show is extremely popular worldwide and is loved by billions of fans. :D

I mean, just take a look at the extraordinary ratings the show gets every day! Not to mention the millions of dollars each year raked in by the thousands of various pieces of SpongeBob merchandise. Let's face it: If SpongeBob was to suddenly be cancelled, Nickelodeon would crash and burn. Nick needs SpongeBob. :D

So why would a show that is loved universally, makes millions of dollars in ratings and sales figures, and is a still-growing worldwide phenomenon end? If it did, there would no doubt be an outrage by the fans. The entire world could fall into chaos, with constant riots in the streets all around the world! Oh, and that garbage about the "study" that found that SpongeBob supposedly makes kids dumber? Utterly stupid and completely inaccurate. Pay no mind to it. And a 24/7 SpongeBob channel would be a dream come true for me! So that's why SpongeBob shouldn't end. :D

NickFan

Please tell me you're being sarcastic...

No, why would I be being sarcastic? If I was being saracastic, that would go against the whole tone of my post. Oh, and I did forget to mention that I'm literally SpongeBob's biggest fan ever? So it really would be a dream come true for me if they released an all SpongeBob, all the time channel. And if they did, just what would be the problem with that? No one would be forcing you to watch it. :)

Convoy Rat

No, why would I be being sarcastic? If I was being saracastic, that would go against the whole tone of my post. Oh, and I did forget to mention that I'm literally SpongeBob's biggest fan ever? So it really would be a dream come true for me if they released an all SpongeBob, all the time channel. And if they did, just what would be the problem with that? No one would be forcing you to watch it. :)

Look, we don't take too kindly to trolls here.

RandomMe

Walrus Toy Store owner
So... what if Nickelodeon malfunctioned at the end of the last episode of SpongeBob? (Or, maybe, the alternate dimension ending will happen in six years)

Neo Yi

Joustus!
Staff member
Reporter
Guys, I've warned you about pointing fingers and ganging up at other forum members.

KNOCK IT OFF.

wammyguide

Guys, I've warned you about pointing fingers and ganging up at other forum members.

KNOCK IT OFF.
Thank you Neo Yi. Everyone else please stop pointing fingers, 'cause I don't want this thread to be locked.

NickFan

Look, we don't take too kindly to trolls here.

What?! Why do you think I'm a troll? What did I say that was even remotely troll-like? I was just expressing my opinion. I certainly did not mean to troll. So I don't see why you would think that.

ILDC

What?! Why do you think I'm a troll? What did I say that was even remotely troll-like? I was just expressing my opinion. I certainly did not mean to troll. So I don't see why you would think that.
In all honesty, it does annoy people when SpongeBob is treated as THE most beloved and important property. I assume you're being genuine since you're upset with Nick's treatment of Robot and Monster, but you don't think SpongeBob is at least partially to blame?

NickFan

In all honesty, it does annoy people when SpongeBob is treated as THE most beloved and important property. I assume you're being genuine since you're upset with Nick's treatment of Robot and Monster, but you don't think SpongeBob is at least partially to blame?

Yes, I completely understand how people can get a bit annoyed at this. I may not agree, but I have no problem with that. And yes, I do love "Robot And Monster" and I'm very upset with how Nickelodeon treated it. But SpongeBob will always be my favorite show which I will love far more than R&M any day. R&M is a very cool show, but I grew up watching SpongeBob. I've watched it all my life. Whenever I'm going through a hard time or just having a bad day, SpongeBob is always there for me to make me feel totally better. I can never love a show more than SBSP and I will be an eternal fan and I'll always defend the show, as I did here. And I don't see how SpongeBob could be to blame for R&M's poor treatment. For some reason that not even the creator or producers know, Nick never liked R&M and didn't really care about it from the start. Such a shame, but I will not hold SpongeBob responsible. :)

J21697

The endless reruns that take away other shows' timeslots is why Spongebob (and ultimately Nick) is to blame.
Funny you mention that, I was watching Nick this morning & I noticed TMNT was listed, but Spongebob was airing. Same thing for Rabbids.

Spotlight

Sponsored Ads

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

going to draw Merman!Kahoot later today, if I have the time
Tomorrow, I'm starting the Christmas edition of Media Brackets.

happy thanksgiving and stay safe
Happy Spanksgiving! I love giving Spanks! I've got a hankering for some spankering!