Why no Sea-Monkeys cartoon?

powerjake

Banned
It's really weird how the popular line of instant pets never had a cartoon series on any channel. I wonder why no animation companies bothered to make an animated series about the Sea-Monkeys. If a series like this were to happen would it possible be seen as a product placement?.

In the early 1990's a Live Action TV Show was made that only had one season.

powerjake

Banned
Wasn’t Sea Monkeys a thing before they were allowed to make cartoons based on toys?

Toys of the Sea-Monkeys were made but no cartoon has ever been made.

Maybe it would be similar to either SpongeBob SquarePants, Fish Hooks or Snorks.

Dantheman

Gee, I never thought about that...
There's also the fact that the guy who created Sea Monkeys was a supporter of the Klan (I'm not making this up, look and see for yourself).

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
Didn't Howie Mandel do a live-action Sea Monkeys kids show? I think it was called "The Amazing Live Sea Monkeys".

powerjake

Banned
Didn't Howie Mandel do a live-action Sea Monkeys kids show? I think it was called "The Amazing Live Sea Monkeys".

I just mentioned that live action TV show in the OP in this topic, but that was live action and not a cartoon.

powerjake

Banned
There's also the fact that the guy who created Sea Monkeys was a supporter of the Klan (I'm not making this up, look and see for yourself).

That would make anyone feel uncomfortable once they learn about the history of Harold von Braunhut.

If animation companies can get past that dark story maybe a Sea-Monkeys cartoon could happen.

powerjake

Banned
Imagine the Sea-Monkeys cartoon characters looking like the wacky humanoid creatures as seen in this gif of a 2006 commercial. I wonder if Kids would watch the show?.

seamonkeyyoutube3.gif

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Super Metroid on the SNES turns 30 today in North America.
The sub-only anime releases in North America are the invention of the 2010s.
Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Imagine a broadcast TV network giving someone who worked at the Golden Age of Cartoon Network the opportunity to worked on a show, and doing 8 interviews, only to completely ghosted him for weeks for absolutely no reason.

Try to wrap your head around on that one, folks.

Seriously. Explain that to me, Memorable Entertainment Television? :/
Didn't notice that the site was back...

I'll start off by saying X-Men 97 has been a blast to watch. As someone who grew up exposed to the films and cameos on other shows, it was definitely a different treat seeing how both iterations of the franchise handle the characters and their world.
Professor X's speech in today's episode was powerful ... nuff said.

Featured Posts