"Why Jughead's Time Police is Awesome" Talkback

pacman000

It’s root bear & a candy cigar!
Grocery stores no longer have comic digests? For shame.

pacman000

It’s root bear & a candy cigar!
Back when comic books shipped to places like supermarkets and drugstores in bulk, they couldn't just create one-offs and expect all the stores to order them.
Doesn't "back when" imply that publishers stopped shipping comic books to grocery stores?

If you'd said "back when comic book shops were rare" or something, that would allow for shipments to continue to grocery stores.

TheMisterFree

I find your timing (no pun intended) funny -- I just learned they brought back the Time Police for Archie's 80th anniversary digest, where a future Time Police Jughead recruits Archie to help save the multiverse, Crisis on Infinite Earths-style, including the return of Mad Doctor Doom from 80s Sabrina (though he's apparently now an enemy of Little Archie, for whatever reason) and Archie becoming Pureheart...and Little Pureheart.

Sadly, they didn't take the opportunity to feature Archie's actual superheroes from the Red Circle/Dark Circle/whatever they're calling it this week line, the Mighty Crusaders:

Archie's so desperate to have something resembling success with them (various attempts on their own have fizzled, and even licensing them twice to DC Comics didn't pan out), they've recruited Rob Liefeld to handle them. Argh.

Peter Paltridge

RUN!
Staff member
Doesn't "back when" imply that publishers stopped shipping comic books to grocery stores?

If you'd said "back when comic book shops were rare" or something, that would allow for shipments to continue to grocery stores.
I meant the 32-page floppies. You can't get those at stores anymore.

Zorak Masaki

Actually, Wal-Mart does carry the monthly floppies from Allegiance Arts comics, at least my local one does.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

The Count: That's seven, seven shows rejected by Nickelodeon. Ah ah ah!

Apparently, Cassandra Peterson has been in a relationship with a woman for 19 years.

Is there a name for the art style Google and other companies use in their advertising? It has to have an official name if so many groups are using it.

R.I.P. Mick McGinty, who illustrated numerous video game covers, most famously Street Fighter II.

He also did movie posters, including Curse of the Pink Panther and Who Framed Roger Rabbit?

Featured Posts