Why Isn’t All The Looney Tunes Shorts Shown?

Dudley

Staff member
I don’t know how many are currently running on TV, but when you remove the more problematic ones due to either racist imagery, heavy depictions of smoking, gun violence, the DePatie-Freleng shorts, focus on the more iconic characters, none of the black and white shorts, avoid WWII shorts, and just mainly sticking to cartoons from the 40s and 50s, there’s really not much left.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MTGM

I don’t know how many are currently running on TV, but when you remove the more problematic ones due to either racist imagery, heavy depictions of smoking, gun violence, the DePatie-Freleng shorts, focus on the more iconic characters, none of the black and white shorts, avoid WWII shorts, and just mainly sticking to cartoons from the 40s and 50s, there’s really not much left.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The funny thing is that due to their own limited criteria, the only DePatie-Freleng shorts they air are the three non-Speedy Daffy Duck cartoons, McKimson's two Roadrunner shorts, and the Larriva Eleven (Minus "Run, Run... Sweet Roadrunner"). If their goal is to mainly stick with shorts that feature the iconic characters, the very least they could do is add all the safe-to-air shorts to the rotation which meet those terms.

DVDLooney

It's been a while since I've last posted something, but it's too bad we see won't ever see this looney tunes short in america anymore edited or not, but this isn't edited from Tooncast:
vlcsnap-2020-01-17-22h56m32s997.png

DVDLooney

I'll sum it up in one word: Laziness.

Agreed. I remember the cartoon below "Rookie Revue" airing on the old Cartoon Network's "Acme Hour". Of course, this part was edited out then.
vlcsnap-2020-01-19-17h42m23s698.png

And at least Tooncast remembers Acrobatty Bunny:
vlcsnap-2020-01-19-17h56m12s388.png

Last edited:

DVDLooney

I doubt Boomerang is gonna air any new shorts. I predict we'll be stuck on the same ones for months.

Perhaps we'll be stuck with the same ones forever. We'll never see a short like "A Gander at Mother Goose" again on American Boomerang:
vlcsnap-2020-02-01-10h06m29s603.png

"The Bashful Buzzard"
vlcsnap-2020-02-01-10h13m04s975.png

Or "Ain't That Ducky"
vlcsnap-2020-02-01-10h16m10s673.png

For example, the cartoon above had this scene edited out on Cartoon Network regularly. At least in the past, even if the shorts were edited they still show them. They don't even bother airing a cartoon like this anymore. Edited or not.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

also, I don't know if can ever look at any of the shows connected to Dan Schneider in a good light ever again. some of the actors are ok with us still enjoying them but I don't know if I can get past it.
as a survivor of childhood trauma, I I wish everyone would leave Amanda Bynes alone. she owes us nothing, and I hope she's doing as well as she can possibly be right now.
I think most people are very upset and lamenting the fact that Nickelodeon (NOT including preschool shows nor nick@nite) aren't having regular new episodes since after Transformers: EarthSpark finished the season.

Let's hope we get new promos during watching Sonic the Hedgehog 2 tomorrow night.

I knew about the promotional cans but I'm just seeing this ad for the first time. I love seeing Daredevil pushed by Marvel.
Notable moment from The Rock.

Featured Posts