Why Isn’t All The Looney Tunes Shorts Shown?

Latest News & Videos

Dudley

Staff member
Aug 10, 2003
East Coast of USA
www.dtoons.com
I don’t know how many are currently running on TV, but when you remove the more problematic ones due to either racist imagery, heavy depictions of smoking, gun violence, the DePatie-Freleng shorts, focus on the more iconic characters, none of the black and white shorts, avoid WWII shorts, and just mainly sticking to cartoons from the 40s and 50s, there’s really not much left.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MTGM

Aug 14, 2016
I don’t know how many are currently running on TV, but when you remove the more problematic ones due to either racist imagery, heavy depictions of smoking, gun violence, the DePatie-Freleng shorts, focus on the more iconic characters, none of the black and white shorts, avoid WWII shorts, and just mainly sticking to cartoons from the 40s and 50s, there’s really not much left.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The funny thing is that due to their own limited criteria, the only DePatie-Freleng shorts they air are the three non-Speedy Daffy Duck cartoons, McKimson's two Roadrunner shorts, and the Larriva Eleven (Minus "Run, Run... Sweet Roadrunner"). If their goal is to mainly stick with shorts that feature the iconic characters, the very least they could do is add all the safe-to-air shorts to the rotation which meet those terms.

DVDLooney

Feb 3, 2014
It's been a while since I've last posted something, but it's too bad we see won't ever see this looney tunes short in america anymore edited or not, but this isn't edited from Tooncast:
vlcsnap-2020-01-17-22h56m32s997.png

DVDLooney

Feb 3, 2014
I'll sum it up in one word: Laziness.
Agreed. I remember the cartoon below "Rookie Revue" airing on the old Cartoon Network's "Acme Hour". Of course, this part was edited out then.
vlcsnap-2020-01-19-17h42m23s698.png

And at least Tooncast remembers Acrobatty Bunny:
vlcsnap-2020-01-19-17h56m12s388.png

Last edited:

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

If Flintstones = Grand Dad, what does Yogi Bear equal? Grand Bear?
It took me all day and most of the month, but I finally got my 2 laptops upgraded (SSD, new RAM, replaced any and all broken parts, full cleanup of useless programs and salvaging useful ones). It was rough work, but I enjoyed every minute of it!

Someday, I'm gonna do this for a living, honestly.
Asa
What is with Nickelodeon US refusing to air the Pineapple RV episode of SpongeBob? It's already been aired in some countries, how come America didn't get it yet?
Tex Avery's MGM Cartoons are finally getting a blu-ray release after years of us waiting, at last!
#RIPKobe, Gigi, and the others in the helicopter.